Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #181
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
But he probably works a damn site harder than 50% of the population. This country used to admire hard work. I keep hearing how hard we have all worked for our present, T&C's but are quick to quip at a labourer earning $30 odd dollars an hour....

I still want someone to tell me why he should be paid less!!!!
He should be paid the market rate fro what he does. Be it more or less.

Its simple supply and demand. Market rates will rule.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 22-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #182
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
With the new IR laws the company I am with just hired a couple more people, reducing oour workload. Keeping the same pay, with holidays, public holidays ect, overtime, ect. And because of this we can increase production. I was told that I would be getting a good sized bonus at the end of the year and a 3 day weekend all expenses paid. All because we could take on some extra staff.
Good for you.
Old 22-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #183
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it appears there are no real victims(at this time )of the new IR laws.

Just a little food for thought.......how about we the voters put them the politicians on awa's and performance based contracts....i.e. we elect you...you don't do the right thing within 6/12 months you're gone no super no nothing...think they'd wear it......I doubt it.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 22-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #184
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
So it appears there are no real victims(at this time )of the new IR laws.

Just a little food for thought.......how about we the voters put them the politicians on awa's and performance based contracts....i.e. we elect you...you don't do the right thing within 6/12 months you're gone no super no nothing...think they'd wear it......I doubt it.
I'd be more than happy to see politicians put on a performanced based contract. God knows they are the worst offenders of "employee's" roating the system (given we are the employers)

Old 22-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #185
Scott

Quote:
But he probably works a damn site harder than 50% of the population. This country used to admire hard work. I keep hearing how hard we have all worked for our present, T&C's but are quick to quip at a labourer earning $30 odd dollars an hour....

I still want someone to tell me why he should be paid less!!!!
Like I said, good on him. Dilligent workers deserve reward. No one quipped at labourers earning $30/hr - you missed the boat on that. I was saying that he is being payed well and agree that if he works well, he should be paid well.

Why do you want someone to say he should be paid less?
Old 22-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #186
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So true Casper!!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 22-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #187
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'd be more than happy to see politicians put on a performanced based contract.
I'd like to see all Australian's on perfomance based contracts. If we were, this thread would have never started. We'd probably have the worlds best economic model too.

She said no too....:(
Old 22-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #188
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
Like I said, good on him. Dilligent workers deserve reward. No one quipped at labourers earning $30/hr - you missed the boat on that. I was saying that he is being payed well and agree that if he works well, he should be paid well.

Why do you want someone to say he should be paid less?
Sorry Dude it wasnt meant as a retort.... Just a honest question that I would love to hear an honest answer.

Big day tomorrow. See yuz later.
Old 22-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #189
Scott

Quote:
Sorry Dude it wasnt meant as a retort.... Just a honest question that I would love to hear an honest answer.
Umm, FIIK.... he should be paid less because he lives in a better climate than me.
Old 22-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #190
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Umm, FIIK.... he should be paid less because he lives in a better climate than me.
We could call it "the better climate and less speed camera fines tax"... and make all the bloody banana benders pay it to offset fuel prices

Old 22-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #191
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
We could call it "the better climate and less speed camera fines tax"... and make all the bloody banana benders pay it to offset fuel prices
Oh yeah, the TBCALSCFT. Atleast the acronym will fit right in with the rest of them.
Old 22-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #192
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'd like to see all Australian's on perfomance based contracts. If we were, this thread would have never started. We'd probably have the worlds best economic model too.

She said no too....:(

Don't think so...look at the good old USof A and then look at the piece workers all over the world who are on performance based pay....if their lucky they get about $5.00 an hour and they sweat their ar...ses off to get that.

So what about emergency services ppl when their not rescuing/helping ppl do they get paid or do they only get paid for the number of fires they put...the ppl they rescue and don't forget these ppl go through years of training just to help the public...oh and before I forget do we base Doctors pay on the patients they cure??????????

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 22-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #193
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Strange, I think TBCALSCST is something you can catch from swiming in the channel at Bribie Island too.. needs antibiotics to fix you up. :

Old 22-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #194
Scott

Quote:
Don't think so...look at the good old USof A and then look at the piece workers all over the world who are on performance based pay....if their lucky they get about $5.00 an hour and they sweat their ar...ses off to get that.
Perhaps an over-generalisation on my part. A better phrase might have been "a performance based incentive". The example being a minimum similar to our current base with KPI's to reward those, in any vocation, that perform above a benchmark.

edit: Your search - TBCALSCFT - did not match any documents.
Old 22-06-2006, 11:24 PM   #195
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

KPI's....key performance indicators..yes...a wonderful tool of unspeak brought in by the liberal spin doctors.

What is a key performance indicator??

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 22-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #196
Scott

Quote:
KPI's....key performance indicators..yes...a wonderful tool of unspeak brought in by the liberal spin doctors.

What is a key performance indicator??
A KPI for my guy's might be achievement of Rev targets, GM Targets, RR Targets, Compliance Targets etc etc. I know you know the acronym, why the question? And what relevance does it have to the lib's?

Probably not helping this thread stay on track... sorry.
Old 22-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #197
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A KPI for my guy's might be achievement of Rev targets, GM Targets, RR Targets, Compliance Targets etc etc. I know you know the acronym, why the question? And what relevance does it have to the lib's?

Probably not helping this thread stay on track... sorry.
Yes you are right ...not helping keep the thread on track..was just remembering when they brought in kpi's to my old job...did not have any relevance whatsoever to the operational only the admin side but we the ops ppl were expected to comply.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 22-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #198
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I goes two ways . I know of a young guy working working for small company.. He never got O.T.. Then agreed with his boss that he'd work public holliays etc for an extra $6 an hour...Now he works every saturday and most public hollidays.... His boss is not supper rich soI guess win - win.....
On the oher hand I have two sons who signed up as kitchen hands a year go.. It was AWA agreement .. $14.50 an hour... I figured it would be o/k as they would get plenty of hours. Originlly thy did......What has happened, due to them doing some training and know how to set up coffee machines etc.. They start 6 am and finish 12.00 then get called in for 2 hours in the evening if they need them?? !!! Including saturday and sunday nights... They are being used due to being on lower hour rate and due to AWA agreement no o.t or shift allowance...Don't get me wrong they work hard as they used to work as brickies labourer's.. Earning much more..
One has a family, so $$$$ matters....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 23-06-2006, 12:59 AM   #199
Work Horse
Budget Racer

We will all be victims of the new IR laws IMHO

If it was just about money, sure there would be winners and losers. But these changes will effect more than just who has a few more dollars in their pocket.

The egalitarian principal of a "fair days work for a fair days pay" is being eroded. This will do more harm to our living standards than people simply not being paid as much.

Love or hate Unions they are a necessary evil. To weaken them may curb the worse of their excesses, but can only weaken the very good work they perform also.

Love or hate the Labor party, a strong democarcy requires a strong vocal opposition. Weaking the opposition will weaken our democracy, this is already evident if we look.

As for the venom posted toward members of our society considered bludgers,(who gets to judge?), and the "blow you jack I'm ok attitudes", I find it all a little "UnAustralian".
Old 23-06-2006, 01:04 AM   #200
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
Love or hate the Labor party, a strong democarcy requires a strong vocal opposition. Weaking the opposition will weaken our democracy, this is already evident if we look.
I share this one, I'm not a fan of Latham but I thought he did well in pushing the Lib's. I thought he served Australia well in his opposition role, pity he couldn't get the whole "party" thing together.
Old 23-06-2006, 01:37 AM   #201
gtfpv
GT

guys no offence here but some of you because you are successfull through working hard . have your heads up your own bums . man there is a lot of people out there working harder and just not getting there and never will . some of these people get hired and fired, end up not being able to do there job , because it is too physical adter they get to a certain age . their bosses are turning over every 2 to 5 years , giving them no personal credit with their employers. t6he old system priotected them , and the 5% of lesser workers that they carried . some of you people because you have had a good run in your employment as everyone expects they should when working hard . have no idea about others , you are basing it all on your own experiance .
let me tell you one thing . i am on a six figure salary and have always been on top money. i am slightly held back by collective bargaining because i have people with lesser skill working with me . they are on about 30 grand less , still very good money . these people work hard as well , theyu have families and a life . i could probably bargain them away and get more $$$ . but man . what would the world come to if i thought like that. get real and pull your heads out of your bums fellas . your doing alright . how about making sure others can do ok too . 1/2 of you wouldnt know what hit you if your boss let you go because his daughter just got engaged to a bum , who needed a job .
for farque sake stop thinking about your pride and have a heart for others . i support outback jack here . and guess what . i've done well all my life and worked hard too.
Old 23-06-2006, 02:42 AM   #202
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

appears everyone had ther say, getting too political.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread