Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #271
neb
hibernating

seems pretty good.. i like the small bumper upgrades and engine power and transmission upgrades sound good as well...

regarding the model names... i want a bf... kind of sounds like i want a boyfriend hehe
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #272
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
rubbish . what do a lot of ba owners do to increase power . almost the 1st mod done is extractors and exhaust . upgrade. now what do you think fpv would put a quad system as a standard fittment on xr8 and GT for . answer because more than 1/2 BAI BAII owners have done just that . and what for . more power and better note . do you think FPV would just say lets have a quad exhaust tailing out the back of our cars it looks better. mmmmmm really guys . this is a car forum aint it . not a makeup applying class.
Exactly my point. Enough prototypes have been seen running the full twin system. If a company turning over 1/100th of Ford's can legally make power with a full twin system, then there must be some gains made somewhere there....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #273
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

All the hype seems like what it was when the BA came out, then it didnt last too long until Holden were kicking Ford's **** again...
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #274
gtfpv
GT

i told you in an earlier thread it's the toyota prius that holden needs to be watching. not ford
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #275
saturnine_07

no info on the weight of the cars.. althought they say that the 6 speed is lighter than the 4. i wonder if they have done anything other than this to save weight.. anyone got any info?
saturnine_07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #276
bscampbell

Probably already been posted somewhere here...

http://mellor.carsales.com.au/mellor...o_enews300.pdf

2009 VW Caravelle
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #277
Decadentia

I quite like what pictures I've seen, subtle changes as were expected. Regarding the power upgrades, I would like to see Ford AU UNDERSTATE the outputs. Let a GT make 300-ish kw and advertise it as 290, Much happier to be suprised by a quicker than expected car, than let down by expectation, and an overstated output.

Be even better to be able to hose a comparable LS2 powered SS, and put the pressure back on the holden brigade by having a smaller capacity engine, that keeps their gear honest.... and maybe uses less fuel at the same time.
Decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #278
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully theres some form of vvt in the BOSS motors.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #279
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
All the hype seems like what it was when the BA came out, then it didnt last too long until Holden were kicking Ford's **** again...
actually the VE prob wont be too flash peformance wise, as it will gain alot of weight, then it will be interesting who has the better motor when both of the cars are simular weights, cos at the moment holden has a huge advantage in that respect.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #280
Focus_RS
Starter Motor

Did anyone see the picture in the herald sun today? it looked alot better than those pictures with no background...
Focus_RS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #281
6t6m

There is a bit of talk about the new ignition key... whats the go... just a new key or an incorporated key and key pad ??
6t6m is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #282
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's probably one of those Land Rover type keys that open like a Swiss Army Knife, I think they are pretty cool, but bulky
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #283
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Exactly my point. Enough prototypes have been seen running the full twin system. If a company turning over 1/100th of Ford's can legally make power with a full twin system, then there must be some gains made somewhere there....
I have been told that a stock xr8 exhaust is so close to the nsw Db limit it's not funny, anything aftermarket on a Boss engine puts you over.

So a dual 3" with quad tips should really stir some of those RTA/EPA/Highway boys up then aye.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #284
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

twr7cx,
alloytech is NOWHERE NEAR the xr6t mate.. sorry. had over 10 car lengths on one outta a roundabout, and he was trying. :
Disregard if thats not what you were implying
_2:
Old 17-08-2005, 08:00 PM   #285
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Looks like a BAIII to me :P
to right i cant even tell the difference
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #286
prdreilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
they might keep the stated BOSS260, but im that dopesnt mean no power increase, me thinks touque will be uped, and any kw increases will be kept hush hush
I was hoping for an increase in torque, if not power, but the official word from the Ford website (what's new - press release section) is same power and torque.

BF ENGINE LINE-UP/Figures measured in DIN

Barra 230
5.4-litre SOHC V8
230 kW @ 5350 rpm
500 Nm @ 3500 rpm

Boss 2602
5.4-litre DOHC V8
260 kW @ 5250 rpm
500 Nm @ 4000 rpm

Boss 260 measured with PULP

I guess they could always understate both power and torque?
prdreilly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #287
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Just a word about people who are possibly disappointed with the appearance of the BF Falcon in the white background pictures, please note that they are computer generated, so they dont look 'right'.

The CGI XR8 looks 'alright', but in the photo on drive.com.au of the silver XR8 under the tree it looks really great.

Wait for real photos.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:29 PM   #288
andrew_smith_84
my one day build...

if making the xr8 270kw is taking away the hype from F6, can't the F6 just be upgraded th 280kw, then the boss 290 be 300 or dj's 320?
andrew_smith_84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #289
LUXO_8
windsor user

some nice updates....... the 6 speed being the best news(was the worst kept secret. though)
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:58 PM   #290
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

look at motor mags recent dyno tests... either the ford drivetrain has less friction than the holdens, or its making more power.. be happy with that. my hope is that they now keep the +15kw split between the 3v8/6t/4v8.. and yeh, whos to say that the xr8 isnt making more, or maybe just wasnt making 260 to begin with?
clampy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #291
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Ford seemed to have left out a lot of details. Electronic Stability Control will be available on some models but its not mentioned. They might have left out some spec changes too. Will probably have to wait until the motor show for full details.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 09:53 PM   #292
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Dynamic Stability Control will be available on some models, but not mentioned by Ford, but was mentioned in the Age. Seems like Ford are keeping some details for the motorshow, as a few details have not been mentioned. 11% better fuel economy on Fairmont Ghia is impressive, as is the XR6T's torque. A 6 speed auto T will smash an XR8 and probably GT if they don't get extra power.
Good to see the 230 motor gets knock sensors, lets hope they use their brain and put them in the XR8 and GT.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #293
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XR8 stays at 260kw though tougher exhaust note confirmed. I think the 6 Auto will make a bit of difference in times alone and it must work well with Boss considering no extra power needed. I hear theyve made some refinements to Boss though : )
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #294
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 3V is not to be underatted!! 10kw 30nm more and 6 Auto will make this a nice sleeper.
Old 17-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #295
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

For a little more info on the ZF 6HP26 auto transmission have a read HERE - sorry about the technical detail but it's there for those who care.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 11:18 PM   #296
Aussie Pete

Blah blah. So proof Ford spent all its money on territory and had stuff all to spend on BF. The stuff they did serves all the poofs who drive pooftermatics and TQEs. The V8 Boss gets nothing to even let it close the gap on Gen 3 let alone upcoming Gen 4 SS Commos.

Then Ford does a wonderful thing - they add a front bar that removes pretty much the only thing that differentiates FPV models from 50 yards and more from a lowly XR-TQE or XR-HAD depending how long you've been on the forums.

Nothing there for true enthusiasts. out: Looks like the accountants are back in force at Ford. Flagship cars win badge cred but we have a flagship called XR8 that they seem to want to watch die off in the face of XR-TQE-T which is the only thing they have above Holden at the moment.

Sorry Ford, not good enough. And whoever designed the XR front bar and added those flutes had better get a new guide dog.

Luckily BA was a good start. Otherwise we'd be cringing in the gutter. Just because you call it BF doesn't make it a new model.

I should stop being so negative.... :hihi:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #297
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete

No. Then i won't have anything to read :
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #298
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Blah blah. So proof Ford spent all its money on territory and had stuff all to spend on BF. The stuff they did serves all the poofs who drive pooftermatics and TQEs. The V8 Boss gets nothing to even let it close the gap on Gen 3 let alone upcoming Gen 4 SS Commos.

Then Ford does a wonderful thing - they add a front bar that removes pretty much the only thing that differentiates FPV models from 50 yards and more from a lowly XR-TQE or XR-HAD depending how long you've been on the forums.

Nothing there for true enthusiasts. out: Looks like the accountants are back in force at Ford. Flagship cars win badge cred but we have a flagship called XR8 that they seem to want to watch die off in the face of XR-TQE-T which is the only thing they have above Holden at the moment.

Sorry Ford, not good enough. And whoever designed the XR front bar and added those flutes had better get a new guide dog.

Luckily BA was a good start. Otherwise we'd be cringing in the gutter. Just because you call it BF doesn't make it a new model.

So whats there for the True enthusiast Holden driver?? A better quarter mile time that you probarly wont notice on the road and a car that looks like a 94 Opel piece of , with a Motor that they get built for them...

The Ford is more of an Enthusiasts car then the Holden because A) They look better, B) They actually have some half decent new technlogy, C) They come in more then 4 colours and D) They dont have to keep putting an extra 10 KW in them every 6 months to sell them, or maybe E) the Fake flutes in the guards or the Monaro Bonnet do it for you.

Get over it, If you don't love it then don't buy it, go buy the HSV. out: Let the rest of us enjoy what they offer because we actually do like them. For a guy whos probarly wasted 50 K in depreciation in buying 2 Pursuits you make no sense.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #299
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am impressed with all the mechanical updates so far though I would like the 6 Auto as an option on XT,Futura,Fairmont. I would also like to see FPVs power go up.It needs to.

VE SS gets 6 litre Gen 4.
Old 17-08-2005, 11:51 PM   #300
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
I am impressed with all the mechanical updates so far though I would like the 6 Auto as an option on XT,Futura,Fairmont. I would also like to see FPVs power go up.It needs to.

VE SS gets 6 litre Gen 4.
Hmm i reckon the 6spd auto is the best update of all. I think some people would prefer that over a power increase. I dunno which would be more popular. A power increase say of about 20-30kw or the 6spd auto.

Both would be preferble but what does everyone reckon if they had of had a choice in the matter.

When you say gets the Gen 4 does that mean in the state is now of 297kw. God damn even with the extra weight that it will get aswell thats a lot of power to help it move.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post