Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2024, 03:18 PM   #3181
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Just finished waxing the Focus with Soft99 Kiwami.

Very pleased with the looks, hoping it's reasonably durable, though not expecting Fusso levels.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2024, 11:45 PM   #3182
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting video about the potential risks of claying. https://youtu.be/xPu4sAYF5ec?list=PL...r6ARNMZbr-imFq

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #3183
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Soooooo excited to see the full Armour Detail Supply range go on sale at Detailing Shed today!

https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...-detail-supply

Armour Detail Supply (ADS) are only a young company, but they have certainly made an impact, many calling them the next Carpro or Koch Chemie. What I love about this company is the gusto they have brought to the industry, a young bloke with a passion and drive to succeed. Well, its paying off because products like Hero and Amplify are huge demand across the US.

While the coating line has been available for a few months now, including THE best wheel coating on the market, the maintenance line has only just arrived. I basically ordered one of everything to sample and I can't wait to try them out, especially the above-mentioned Hero rinse-less wash and Amplify quick detailer. I haven't been this excited for a new detailing brand for a while now.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #3184
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
Interesting video about the potential risks of claying. https://youtu.be/xPu4sAYF5ec?list=PL...r6ARNMZbr-imFq
I often come across comments (not necessarily on this forum) about someone claying their car as if it's something you can and should being doing on a regular basis. You know, like you would regularly wash the car or vacuum the carpets.

You should only ever break out clay media unless you absolutely need to, you are otherwise installing (more) micro marring that wasn't there before hand. A well-maintained vehicle with a healthy LSP and washed on a regular basis mostly negates the need for claying. Naturally, a neglected vehicle, or one subjected to areas of high industrial fallout (airports, railways ect), well yes, claying would be needed more frequently, maybe once a year.

I only know if claying is needed after all of my other decontamination steps.................iron remover followed by an alkaline pre-soak, followed by an acidic contact wash. If the paint feels smooth after this chemical treatment, then you remove a step and don't go rubbing on your paint with what is basically a piece of dirt. If the paint still feels rough, then progress to clay.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: