Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #331
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm. White is not a good colour for that redesign obviously, but I am very under whelmed by these exterior changes. Really this is no more effective then the SYII update. Actually the SYII looked nicer on the outside, because we didn't have original Terri profile clashing with new front like this does.

If I saw that in the lot, I wouldn't be thinking I must have it, but rather how much can I get it discounted, after its sat on the lot for three months. Looks wise, its simply not desirable enough. Lets hope the interior, features and build quality make a better statement.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 03:01 AM   #332
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Posted by someone on CarAdvice. Take it as you will, but it seems to have a ring of truth about it.

Quote:
Me says:
December 20, 2010 at 12:20 am
The new interior has circular air vents which are becoming popular again. It has two circular air vents on the dash, one next to either door. The ICC (radio, air con, etc.) will have the same rectangular air vents as the FG.

The ICC will also remain greatly the same as the FG. Changes are a smaller screen, with a larger bezel and a ‘roller door’ type cover covering up the tissue holder and pocket at the bottom of the ICC.

Additionally the handbrake will be the same as featured in the FG Falcon, but will be better integrated with the centre console and – on upper models – be surrounded tastefully with chrome highlights.

The door trims will remain greatly the same, with new colour schemes.

The car will feature voice control, with a button located with the cruise control buttons where there is a blank on the FG Falcon.

Exhaust pipes will not be integrated with the rear bumper, instead there will be a dark plastic mesh design.

High series models will feature daytime running lamps, where the fog lights are usually located.

Low series models will not feature chrome on the lower grill, but will instead be entirely black.
Old 20-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #333
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My take on this.

Seems from intentionally leaving cars around like this and people here and elsewhere drip feeding info on the new car, that Ford is hoping to generate buzz for the revised Terri and stop buyers looking to other brands. That tape isn't hiding a dam thing, but simply highlighting the changes! I've never seen a car "disguised" like that. Its all masked up completely wrong. Ok a token effort around the fender badge, but we know what that will look like anyway.

This is the car equivalent of a bikini model, putting black under her eyes and a football helmet on her head and pretending to be an American football player. She aint' fooling nobody and that's the point. You are supposed to get a good look at the important bits. Nice marketing Ford.

That said, as a current Terri owner, I'm not sure this is working. What I am being fed from Ford isn't impressing me. Although in the end the engineering and build quality are what I am really interested in. Something that wont really be known until two or three years from now and the cars are starting to get old. Certainly if I read the words "Rust" and "Territory" in any new postings about this car and its game over for me. Same goes for any major engineering screw-ups. With the media ready to pounce on this car if it so much as squeaks, Ford should have done their homework on this one.

Still its an interesting way to market a car. Cheaper then traditional advertising (these pics and specs will be all over the car press), gets around the hassles of hiding a car and Ford can collect some early feedback from snooping on online forums and comments in auto sites, to see if they have got the pitch and the car right.

The general public who take no notice of the motoring press, beyond maybe a glance at Fridays paper, will still see the Terri as all new to their eyes when it is officially launched.

One thing is for certain. One glance at those headlights and we know what the FG II headlights will look like.

Dan

Last edited by DanielXR8; 20-12-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 20-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #334
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

There is a good shot of the dash posted over on FAF, looks good.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #335
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

doesnt look too bad for pictures. Ill wait to see a burgendy red with black leather (titanium..ghia whatever its gonna be) before i pass judgement.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #336
SeduceXR
Seduce FG XR8

edit: repost
SeduceXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #337
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Amidst all this criticism I've had an epiphany.
The constant theme on these threads is about why Ford don't listen to you, your ideas or others' ideas. Then, they try something new and different which loosely follows various themes such as market trends, brand trends etc. and get nothing but criticism from a website which is purported to house all the fans of the brand. Frankly, it's disappointing so many can be so critical so soon and with so little evidence.
The same bloody thing happened when the FG was about to be released, and lots of people said it looked like a BA and was garbage. Then what happened?
Further, where's the loyalty? Talk about premature reactions.
I'm guessing a lot of people on here would require the Advanced Medical Institute and their products, judging by the number of premature comments here.

On the car in question, I think it looks like an evolution of the design with some tweeks and a different face. I like it. The SYII looks too BA'ish, bulky and dated; this looks cleaner, meaner, leaner and fresher. Love the front end, I will consider getting one in Diesel around June.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #338
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1 What LTD said ^^^
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #339
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
The constant theme on these threads is about why Ford don't listen to you, your ideas or others' ideas. Then, they try something new and different which loosely follows various themes such as market trends, brand trends etc. and get nothing but criticism from a website which is purported to house all the fans of the brand. Frankly, it's disappointing so many can be so critical so soon and with so little evidence.
The same bloody thing happened when the FG was about to be released, and lots of people said it looked like a BA and was garbage. Then what happened?
I'm guessing a lot of people on here would require the Advanced Medical Institute and their products, judging by the number of premature comments here.

On the car in question, I think it looks like an evolution of the design with some tweeks and a different face. I like it. The SYII looks too BA'ish, bulky and dated; this looks cleaner, meaner, leaner and fresher. Love the front end, I will consider getting one in Diesel around June.

Top post couldn't agree more.
Old 20-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #340
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
How can they restyle the front flares but not the rear ones? Major half-job there.
Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing. At first I thought it was just something on the test mule. Then, I noticed the sketch hinted at it as well. But then Nikked posted the Mondeo picture and - bugger me - there is a lot more wheel arch flare at the front then the rear. I wonder how it is going to look in the flesh ...

Surely a new crease line in the rear is not that hard? Perhaps a few changes to the roof racks, mirrors, etc.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #341
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so what is it under the skin? the same terri as before? it just looks like new bumpers on the old terri.

given the woeful reputation of the terri's quality, i'd have thought Ford would try harder to distance themselves from the previous model?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #342
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it looks ok to me, the only addition i would have liked is maybe a bit of reflector across the tail gate to make the tail lights not look like they are just suddenly cut off, and good to see the headlight upgrade.............with a bit of luck they will do the falcons headlights in the next upgrade.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #343
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Amidst all this criticism I've had an epiphany. [Ford] get nothing but criticism from a website which is purported to house all the fans of the brand. Frankly, it's disappointing so many can be so critical so soon and with so little evidence.
I think that reflects more the nature of Ford fans. When Ford released the BA we fell head over heals in love. Then again in 2004, we get the Territory. The headlines screamed 'X5 for half the price' and I bet there were very few Ford fans not happy about that. But through poor leadership, various quality and build issues, tough financial times and a drop in demand, the BA and more so the Territory were left to fend against new competition with little to no updates. The evidence is right in front us us, providing these pictures are the actual showroom product. A great looking front mated to what is essentially a 2004 side and rear profile, all while most other brands will have fresh new products.

We've been the underdog in this battle for years, and when Ford finally get it so right, they seam to rest on their laurels and do nothing. If I had the need for an SUV, I'd buy this in a heartbeat, it's a Ford. But will the average Joe look past the obvious?

I hope this Territory flies even higher than the 2004 model, and I wish nothing but success for Ford Australia, but some of their decisions frustrate the hell out of me. Perhaps Ford don't owe us anything, but as negative as we are sometimes, we are still here, a group of realist Ford fans, and many of us are still buying brand new Fords, which at the end of the day is the name of the game.
Old 20-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #344
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i like it....enough to update my current territory? absolutely
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #345
Bobman
Regulator

Two photos of another white one (this one has a petrol engine):

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...2799771429.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...2800055566.jpg

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #346
Bobman
Regulator

Looks as though there at least half a dozen of these new Territories going around with most being white, one brown and a couple of blue ones along with a couple of Falcons and possibly a couple of new Focuses.

Rego range YCQ920-930.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #347
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Here's my photoshop.
As with what looks like a no frills base model it looks pretty good i think.

Last edited by CSV_LS1; 20-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #348
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when the terri gets manlier and grows into a real offroad option instead of this soft roader garbage I may consider it, soft roaders are a stupid automobile and it astounds me that they sell at all

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #349
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Low series models will have fog lights instead of DRLs, and lack chrome on the lower grille.
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #350
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
when the terri gets manlier and grows into a real offroad option instead of this soft roader garbage I may consider it, soft roaders are a stupid automobile and it astounds me that they sell at all
It's painfully obvious that the Ford Territory was never designed nor shall it ever be to be more than a soft roader.

Might I suggest your opinion should be "If Ford ever choose to bring a product to the Australian market that is a real off road vehicle they may have my business."
Old 20-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #351
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by block58
Low series models will have fog lights instead of DRLs, and lack chrome on the lower grille.
Low series has no fog lights or DRL's. Mid has fog lights, High has DRL's
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #352
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

You might have thought we had learnt something from the GT update and the harsh rush to judgement but appears not.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #353
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
Low series has no fog lights or DRL's. Mid has fog lights, High has DRL's
Ah, right. Thanks for the clarification.
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #354
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the Territory has a modern mid section anyway, it dosnt need to be updated to look modern. It will sell very well. Who knows maybe one month next year it will outsell falcon.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #355
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Well said.

There is alot of people here that are hard to please...How bloody different does it need too look?

Its a brilliant new look.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #356
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
the Territory has a modern mid section anyway, it dosnt need to be updated to look modern. It will sell very well. Who knows maybe one month next year it will outsell falcon.

This.

The Territory made the AU-BA mid section look old, the FG Played catch up.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #357
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
so what is it under the skin? the same terri as before? it just looks like new bumpers on the old terri.

given the woeful reputation of the terri's quality, i'd have thought Ford would try harder to distance themselves from the previous model?
Lol...

Well its done alot better then the Holden Adventra hasn't it just.. HINT HINT..

The new Territory should be a good thing, shame theres no TURBO Petrol but oh well.. we all had that option and no one bought one.. I hope the Diesel performs as good as some here suggest!

Not long to go now!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #358
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Here's my photoshop.
As with what looks like a no frills base model it looks pretty good i think.

Anyone in the know can tell us if that tacky F6X chrome strip is here to stay? They could at least make the whole window edge chrome ala G6E.
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #359
The Snout

Bit disappointed it looks just like the old Territory with minor cosmetic changes. So hopefully all the gains are inside and with build quality.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #360
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
Why because most people that buy SUV's would never take them off road. They're normally seen out the front of schools dropping the kids off.