Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Scott

Default SEQ Floods - are you prepared?

Hey All,

Call me an "end of the worlder" but given the sprinkles we have had, the waters on the way and the drizzle we can expect - ARE YOU PREPARED?

Like I said, call me an "end of worlder" but I have prepped my place for some reasonably possible eventualities.

I've stocked up on water - should our drinking water become contaimnated (ie, sewerage treatment plants flood and make their way into our catchment areas);
Stocked up on Milk & Bread;
Stocked up on Ice - if the power goes down for a reasonable period it'll be nice to keep the meat & dairy cold;
Stocked up on batteries - for the torches & radio;
Dug out my battery powered radio and checked it works;
Pulled torches & candles out in an easy to get to place;
Checked the drains and made sure water can escape;
Filled the cars with juice;
I also happen to have (through luck, not planning) a trailer full of dry sand, rolls of black plastic and a small stockpile of sandbags;

I'm hope I won't need any of it.... but better to be prepared ay? A good Scout was I

I've lived through floods before (remember Nyngan?) and the one thing you know will happen, is anything.

Fortunately for me I live on top of a hill, but that doesn't stop torrents of water flowing through my block and against the house. My thoughts are with those that are not quite so fortunate.

Take the opportunity, go down and grab some essentials and most of all - BE SAFE!!

Add your own preparations or ideas as you see fit.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post