Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #3961
Jonnyb
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all, been reading this awesome site and amazed by everyone's knowledge.
Am considering buying an MC Titanium Mondeo Hatch even though I know the new models is coming prob early in 2015.

Was unimpressed with Mazda6 test drive and Melbourne dealers appear to be very keen to get rid of Mondeo stock pre30 June.

Would like to switch the radio though for something more 2014 with satnav and proper Bluetooth. (Anyone know about Appradio??)

Ford salesman and I both shook our heads at the lacklustre voice control system. Anyway, hi to all!
Jonnyb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #3962
Mal3064
Territory SY MK2

Hi all,
Just joined Forum, so this is my first post, I drive a 09 SYMK2 Territory 4.0 lt
RWD.
So just feeling myself around the site at the moment,
I have owned Fords since 1980, starting with XR Fairmont 289 V8, then XA ute with 302W, XC wagon with 4.1 lt, XD 4.1lt, ED Fairmont 5.0lt, and last one before current Territory was a BA Falcon. Guess you could say I love Fords LOL,
Anyway Hi again!
Regards Mal.
Mal3064 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #3963
Gazallen
Starter Motor

Hello all, just signed on to the forum. I have a 2012 Ford Focus. Started with a Cortina many years ago. Tecnology has certainly changed: I am having trouble replacing a headlight globe at present. The "clip" that secures the globe doesn't want to align.
Gazallen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #3964
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome and last week I had the same issue; wiggle it a bit further and when it's in the right spot a bit further and to one side maybe, the clip will engage.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #3965
theshredder

Hey there everybody just joined up & saying hi
Plenty of stuff to go through here on this good site.
Ive got a 66 stang project on the go. The purest amoungst the Mustang Crowd
dont seem to like what im doing but im not doing it for them . Its a ford. its going to be tuff I hope & thats all that matters.

66 coupe
tubs, cage,sheet metal 9",full man Auto,After market front end,Ford Sunroof,
custom bonnet,Pro charged 439 alloy headed roller camed 9.5 dart Windsor etc

catch ya's shane

Also now looking into the idea of a xr6 turbo ute for a new drive car

Last edited by theshredder; 15-06-2014 at 10:29 AM.
theshredder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #3966
JuzCnt
Starter Motor

Hey Everyone, Just joined up & wanted to say hello & thanks for the add I'll add some pictures of my AU eventually unfortunately every time I fix her up someone thinks its a good idea to crash into me so she has seen better days. Anyway hope you all have a great day.
Regards,
Juz
JuzCnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #3967
Rob by
Starter Motor

Hi new to this forum just bought a new ranger xls enjoy reading not only about my model but other fords as we'll cheers
Rob by is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #3968
bachig24u
Starter Motor

Hi All,
A noob to this forum but a long time Ford owner/driver.

Had Falcon BA, BF, FG and now SZ Territory all petrol engines.

Territory is by far a more refined vehicle in base OEM form.

I'm Currently recalibrating the 2WD Territory PCM as I just had to iron out the huge flat spot in the rev range from 2000-7000 it left the showroom floor with. Almost done now.

I was working on a Boosted BA XR6 the other day and found the IAT's quite high which is how I came across this forum during a search and thought I may as well join another community if anyone needs a hand with their Beast..

Nice to see the Territory towing and packed to the roof lining with camping gear blow off a mates sidi-v6 Commo on the highway.. all the high tech in the world is no substitute for cubes!!

Any how I'll get back to looking up more turbo temp issues.
Ciao for Now.
Sime
bachig24u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #3969
Steve-Madgwick
Starter Motor

G'day, I'm Steve, Got an EF Fairmont at present and looking to upgrade to a BF2 XR or Fairmont. Dunno about the FG's may see how they stand the test of time. Falcons seem to be the only cars that don't blow up on me so may as well stick with what I know hahahahahahaha
Steve-Madgwick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #3970
abikebloke
Starter Motor

Hi,
I'm Guy.

EL Fairmont '97 bought off end of lease in '01. It's turned me into a huge Ford fan, er, fan of Fords. After owning Audis and BMWs, if anyone had told me I'd buy a Ford and be happy with it, I would have laughed at them. I'm a total convert.

Use was intermittent long trips, not a lot of around town use. The Fairmont is quiet, with excellent ride quality, creature comforts that work really well, pretty good on juice on trips, better ground clearance than Euro cars and surprisingly low maintenance costs. It simply keeps going and if anything does need fixing, it's quite inexpensive. Cripes, I must have ripped off the Audi's exhaust about 5 times before giving it away. Yeah you too can look like a right dork attracting attention with the noise and bent piping tied to the roof. Rocks got flicked up into the BMW engine bay, damaging expensive bits.

I just put the EL up for sale today (roadside in my village) with 245,000 km. It's been good to me. Only ever let me down twice. Once, the transmission ceased to proceed and it rolled to a top about 200m from a transmission reconditioner, one fifth or less the price of a Euro car to get sorted (apparently the tranny servicing had not been done properly). Drove away three hours later and still driving - try that with a Euro car. The other was dual failure of spark pack and fuel pump in the carport, costing about the same as a normal service to fix.

Minor niggles were few, like a coolant seal that leaked intermittently and water leaking into the boot when parked facing downhill, headlights going dim and regular traffic in ball joints and front brake rotors. Yep, mostly rural back roads.

Other than that, all the electronics still work, except the rear left window.
It gave me 10.8 l/100k last week Katoomba-Oberon-Tarlaga-Canberra and return, so it hasn't lost efficiency.

But, I need something younger for the next round of trips away and some tow capacity.

Just bought an '05 SX Territory AWD.

That should make some dirt roads a bit less trouble, like where the EL used to scrabble about a bit and occasionally touch underneath. I don't really want or need a truck-like 4WD. The bitumen road manners of the Territory are damn good and it's really quite comfortable and manoeverable.

I'd like to acknowledge all contributors here and say thank you in advance for the wisdom, advice and understanding of these vehicles. If I can contribute, I will.

The handle is a result of a serious and debilitating long term motorcycle habit.

Regards
abikebloke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #3971
Roguefalcon351
😔I drive a Holden😔

Hello, my name is Stuart, I'm from Perth WA. I've been a Ford fan my whole life but I'm currently driving a VN Berlina while I get my EB Falcon road ready. Ford Forums have supplied me with plenty of handy tips and mods for the EB, I can't wait to post pics when the beast is finally finished.
Roguefalcon351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #3972
Harvey60
Starter Motor

Hi,
My name is Graeme and I live near Berwick in Victoria. We own an 05 Territory Ghia.
I have found this forum very helpful and dirt cheap when you can repair your
own car from expert advise from here.
We had the common problem of flickering headlights which I found to be 2 broken wires at the indicator stalk.
From memory one was green and the other was grey.
I have fixed this now but to do this I was advised from here to disconnect the battery because of the airbag concern.
In doing this and reconnecting everything we now have another problem.
A security code msg appeared on the screen.
I turned off the ignition and back on and the msg disappeared. And radio works.
But now the central locking does not work and I can't get in thru the back.
Hoping to find more expert help from here.

Greatly appreciate your help in advance
Cheers Graeme
Harvey60 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #3973
ELECTRON 53
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello everyone. I am a new user to this forum so forgive me if I seem a bit "Clunky" until I get to use it a bit more.
I have an AU Tickford Ghia which I have just spent over two years reconditioning it to a very high standard.
I am a mechanic by trade and also an electronics technician as well as a computer programmer (PLCs' mostly).

I am now looking to upgrade my stereo system with an aftermarket touch screen unit and I need the wiring colour codes for my original radio which is a double din, "Premium Sound" system. The model numbers on the sticker is WR2A-18B865-CATXD and also a second one that reads FCT028A1-A. It also says that is made by FMS audio made in Malaysia.

The rear of the radio has two white rectangular connectors, one on top of the other.
I have looked through the wiring schematics page but I cannot seem to find what I am looking for.
Can anyone help me out with this??
ELECTRON 53 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #3974
Clevo@WOT
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Howdy all, just joined the forum. Into old falcons. XY and XB in particular. Looking forward to reading through some of the threads etc, cheers
Clevo@WOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #3975
sweet na

Hi folks,
I've been following the Aust Ford Forums for a few years now, so thought I should do the right thing and join. I'm not very computer savvy, so forgive me if I make a few mistakes along the way.
I'm a fanatical Ford fan and have been for 40 odd years, although I appreciate most good cars. I especially like the old Musclecars from '65-'75 but the current crop are an absolute joy to drive.
My daily driver is an FG XR6 ute and my weekend weapon is an old XY ute that I occasionally race.
Hope to get in touch with likeminded members.
Cheers,
Martin
sweet na is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #3976
gt351ford
Starter Motor

Just bought a BA ford parting out and some ef el parts avail.
Sydney area price neg.
parts are in used condition or works well otherwise bin

Last edited by gt351ford; 22-06-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: area
gt351ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #3977
arthurwarren2
Starter Motor

A noobe, just joined this site, I am very retired motor mechanic [aprox 55 rears] BUT i got conned into converting our [my mate owns it, but when finished I get to drive it??] The conversion is to remove the faulty auto trans. and fit it with a manual has any done this on a BA falcon?
arthurwarren2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #3978
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurwarren2 View Post
A noobe, just joined this site, I am very retired motor mechanic [aprox 55 rears] BUT i got conned into converting our [my mate owns it, but when finished I get to drive it??] The conversion is to remove the faulty auto trans. and fit it with a manual has any done this on a BA falcon?
Try asking in B Series thread.....
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=175

or the AU to BF Falcon thread.......
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 22-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #3979
SIX_94Y
Starter Motor

Hi, Paul here, I'm pretty sure I was here once before when I was building my td cortina wagon with a toyota 1jz engine, still have the car unfinished. Since have got into a little earlier stuff, using xl falcons as daily drives and building y blocks, have a supercharged 272 in a early vauxhall and now have a real nice 110k mile xa fairmont wagon as a family car. Hoping to share some knowledge and gain some too. image.jpg
SIX_94Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #3980
rjsgmackenzie
Landau Blu blood

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Love that old XA wagon, we had fords right back to the XK, but our friends had a XA then a XC wagons........5-7 kids including two or three playing in the back wagon section, to and from the bus stop. Great memories, COOL RIDE, well done.
Old 26-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #3981
SIX_94Y
Starter Motor

Cheers, yeah love my wagon too, it's our everyday family car. Didn't mention it but have a pretty cool 67 custom 500 2 door that's on the back burner for the moment. I'm sure once my kids get a little older they'll use the wagon as a play pen, I'll have to keep an eye on them!
SIX_94Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #3982
Damoforce
Starter Motor

Gday all, dropping in my first post to say hello.

Picked up a clean Ba MKII Xr6 with 113xxxkm on it.

New to the Ford side of things, had some skylines as my last cars. So Now to find some places that do some good work on Fords in my area.
Damoforce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #3983
Qik Shifts
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Can I call upon your vast knowledge base here to answer a query?
I have an AU series 2 automatic ute.. With some gearbox issues -

Will an AU -XR8 automatic - fit in to my 6 cylinder ???

Cheers Paul
Qik Shifts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #3984
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qik Shifts View Post
Hi all,
Can I call upon your vast knowledge base here to answer a query?
I have an AU series 2 automatic ute.. With some gearbox issues -

Will an AU -XR8 automatic - fit in to my 6 cylinder ???

Cheers Paul
Welcome Paul.

Try asking in the AU forum.....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php
Old 27-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #3985
FORRD

G'day fellas,

Well Shane's my name and probably like most that have joined this site have decided to open a big can of worm's,,,,I've started a resto on a car I was fortunate enough to find which is the same the old man taught me to drive in well close an XB coupe,,,he had an XA coupe and when I say had he sold it and was robbed about 12 years ago when at the age of 74 a couple of young blokes gave him $600 bucks for it when back then I'm sure you guy's in the know would probably say it should of fetched somewhere around $10-$15 grand.....

It was your barn find of barn finds he had it since 1973 and Mum did most of the driving in her car so it hadn't done much just lived in the shed so yes I'm still BLEEDING......

Picked up the XB and got her home and came to the T intersection and it was turn left,,, to make it look pretty like the old days,,,, bit of a patch welded in here and there and a bit of bog or turn right and do it as best as you can these days so YEP stripped her down to nothing and off to give her an acid bath,,,,went to pick her up expecting the worst,,, i.e. half a shell being an X series and was wrapped when the bloke up at Albury said mate you picked a good one,,, he said it was one of the best for having stuff all rust that he'd done of the X series and apparently he'd done a few.......

Now she's in primer which I've got a mob to do whilst I fart around with the other bits,,looked at the dash the other day and thought bugger it lets do it so ripped it apart and thought hmmm those switches look like they could do with a dolly up and tried every bloody thing on them obviously accept what the pro's use,,why I'm trying to clean them up myself is because even if I got them restored by others I still have the rest of the dash to do so bit of elbow grease ,,,cleaner and some mothers and its looking pretty good,,,could't find anywhere on the net what to use for the silver/chrome pin striping on the dash so what I used was a few f's and c's and a tiny artist brush and some Wattyl Killrust Aluminium Oxide and it worked a treat on the switches as well.......

Anyway back to the can o worm's......

Hope my intro. didn't bore you but you can probably workout what started this fire in me.....

Cheers Shane
FORRD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #3986
Robert_Au
Starter Motor

Hello all, I'm Robert, I live in South Australia current car is a 03 BAXR6T. I plan on starting some interior mods to the car soon! on top of the blue LED'S i have already Installed through out. I'm newish to the forums (been a member for awhile just never posted) thought id drop by and say a hello. Hope you all have a great day
Robert_Au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #3987
Neil1955
Starter Motor

Hello to the collective all. Thought I better post up an intro. Just picked up an AU ute to save our daily from lugging building materials around for our home reno. She is a bit long in the tooth (390000 odd ks) but seems to go quite well. Hope to share knowledge with you all. Am semi retired now but am pretty handy with mechanical and auto electrical stuff.
Cheers Neil
Neil1955 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #3988
Markchin

Hello and welcome everyone. This is by far the best place to get help from the Best, Friendly, and Very Knowledgeable people on the net!!!!
Markchin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #3989
th3man
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys thank u for the add I have been stalking the site for a while and thought it a good time to join. I have always been a ford enthuist and prob allways will. The earliest memory is road trips in the old falcon 500 station wagon as a kid and kickin round in the back. I now own two fords my first car is a 05 ba xr6 5 spd manual with custom pedder suspension im second owner it npw done 125000 pro audio system and that about it atm hopefully oneday will supercharge. And my second is a 98 xh xr8 ute as far as i know it is as original as it first come out. It has 360000 but I **** u not runs like a new one. I have started doing body work as it has few dents in the body. I have installed el ghia leather electric seats and replaced the original dash as it was peeling with another one from a doner xh I picked up cheap. I dnt know if i want to change much on the ute but a new paint job and some panel work is underway and not sure of anyth8n else at this point as i was told not to really do anything with it by a mechanic friend as it is really original or atleast keep wat I change.Thank u all and looking forward to learn some new things
th3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #3990
Gerbil
Starter Motor

Hi,
My name is Jeremy and I own a 2001 au Ford Fairmont. While I am no mechanic I have already found this forum helpful for Learning how to fix small things on my car and install my stereo. It seems any question I need answered have already been asked and answered which is great! Thanks again.
Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post