Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-12-2021, 10:41 PM   #4081
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Had an epic drive yesterday, back well after I should have been.

Car ran nicely, coped with the heavy rain just fine. Nearside front strut top bush is now 110% finished, it’s chafed the alloy tower insert so I’ll replace that at the same time.

Checked out the local cemetery, hopefully won’t need it for another 35 years but it’s really got a nice ambience - simple and natural. One friend says I should be buried in the section for gullible people, on account of a couple (OK, a litany) of past relationships. They also have a mobile awning, like a large carport on wheels for weather that’s too hot or too rainy. I’m tempted to roll it the 400m to my place next time I have to dig post holes.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2021, 11:45 PM   #4082
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Watch out for snipers Billy.
Lol, am trying to "weasel out" the maggot who got me in my hospital bed, spoke to someone on Friday about it, I knew he couldn't keep it contained!....that's why I told him, supposed to be ex patch member, lol, where did staunch go
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #4083
.:4:.
Kicking back

I kind of found this funny. Went to the shops and parked my car as you do. Its a grandpa car, a bf2 fairmont ghia. So my car has an exhaust on it. An fg xr6 same colour, lightning strike, also with an exhaust on it parks beside me.
Some random old bloke approaches me just to say my car looks and sounds better then the xr6. I guess fairmonts attract the retirees.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2021, 04:10 PM   #4084
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seeing a Dad explaining to his little girl about Christmas as she was looking at a nativity scene and baby Jesus in a big glass display case in my local shopping centre.
Heard him say "Now you know what Christmas is".
Kudos to the shopping centre for at least having a nativity scene these days.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #4085
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Max Verstappen is World Champion!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2021, 08:20 AM   #4086
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Max Verstappen is World Champion!
YIPPEE, FED UP WITH MERCEDES AND THEIR POMMIE MOUTH FROM THE SOUTH DRIVER.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2021, 08:01 PM   #4087
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Putting the guards back on my XC after rust repairs, only been 4 months. Will update my pics in Project Section later.
Gaps are pretty good too.
Very happy and had a sneaky drive around the block without the grill and bumper, put them back on tomorrow.
4 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #4088
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Putting the guards back on my XC after rust repairs, only been 4 months. Will update my pics in Project Section later.
Gaps are pretty good too.
Very happy and had a sneaky drive around the block without the grill and bumper, put them back on tomorrow.
A sneaky drive?......what does that mean, around the block, now is that suburban streets or the other block?....as in acreage!
Old 14-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #4089
XY_power
Starter Motor

Deciding today is the day I move forward with my mental health and try to make any progress on my project car!
XY_power is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 01:30 PM   #4090
Kicking back

So i remembered something. So i called me mum regardibg her wanting fans installed. So, when i used to quote for ceiling fans id allow a little bit worst case scenario and say 2 hours per fan. Reason being if you need to create structure in the ceiling to support the weight that takes time. If its just to an existing beam, then its not a 2 hour job. The other thing was, if the contractprs she accepts the quote off dont rock up with dropsheets and a vac, tell them not to come back untill they do. Disposable drop sheets from bunnings are 90c each, and whilst mum has a vac, its not her job to cpean up after a tradesman. The one thing i took pride in and also got a lot of good feedback when i was on the tools was the fact that after the job was done you couldnt tell i was even there. My mum has been left with the tidy up from lazy tradesmen before, but she was happy to hear that thats not the standard as she assumed it was.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #4091
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So i remembered something. So i called me mum regardibg her wanting fans installed. So, when i used to quote for ceiling fans id allow a little bit worst case scenario and say 2 hours per fan. Reason being if you need to create structure in the ceiling to support the weight that takes time. If its just to an existing beam, then its not a 2 hour job. The other thing was, if the contractprs she accepts the quote off dont rock up with dropsheets and a vac, tell them not to come back untill they do. Disposable drop sheets from bunnings are 90c each, and whilst mum has a vac, its not her job to cpean up after a tradesman. The one thing i took pride in and also got a lot of good feedback when i was on the tools was the fact that after the job was done you couldnt tell i was even there. My mum has been left with the tidy up from lazy tradesmen before, but she was happy to hear that thats not the standard as she assumed it was.
I never did like doing domestic electrical work hence the reason why I did industrial and refrigeration then progressing into the field of electric trains; now that was an interesting field of work testing the old brain cells doing diagnostic fault finding.
Alas I gave the trade away for another reason many moons ago. Quite happy these days doing a career where I can switch off when I'm finished for the day.....no more stress!
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 09:28 PM   #4092
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gave a quick snowjob today on my FGX XR8 which is now a garage queen.

Then decided to take it for a drive out bush- and it dawned on me it just really needed an Italian Tune and also for the brake discs to be re bedded in after the time in garage and snowjob clean.

Traction control off, 22 degrees, all windows down, sitting between 4,000 and 6,200 for a 25 minute blast, almost a quarter of tank of juice ignited away -came back home like the cat that got the cream- job done.

So pleased I have kept this beast....among the very best raw analog Australian rear wheel driving.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2021, 10:00 PM   #4093
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I never did like doing domestic electrical work hence the reason why I did industrial and refrigeration then progressing into the field of electric trains; now that was an interesting field of work testing the old brain cells doing diagnostic fault finding.
Alas I gave the trade away for another reason many moons ago. Quite happy these days doing a career where I can switch off when I'm finished for the day.....no more stress!
Domestics werent my thing either. I much preffered commercial, namely high rise. So im not in it anymore, but my favourite part was fault finding on control circuits. That, well, my ex work they got lazy and then just any job that involved lateral thinking or troubleshooting went my way. But it turned into pretty much any job that more then a basic install or a reset, that was my issue. So i was the vanilla ice, if there is a problem yo I'll solve it.
So i left on good terms, i had a legal issue that took up most of my time so thats why.
So nothing ill towards my old employer, and because im not a salty person, man alive, the amount of calls from ex workmates over the past 18 months about stuff they should know, its baffling.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2021, 12:47 AM   #4094
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still do a bit of domestic stuff and drop sheets come out for 99% of jobs. Most people comment on it and how hard it is to find a clean tradie! Anyone can install/fault find/upgrade switchboards blah blah, it's the little things that the clients remember - putting furniture back, remembering the dogs name, putting the mulch back after some ground work, cleans the manhole cover, closing the curtains etc etc. Not rocket science but many seem to be too lazy.

What made me feel good today was doing my daughters nail polish for her graduation tomorrow. She wanted me to do it instead of mum because "it's a special occasion and I need it done properly" hahaha
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #4095
slowsnake
Banned

Driving to get my newspaper and watching a young pure black cat/kitten sitting on the grass verge, I knew it would run but not which way it would go?
So covered my brake pedal and foot off the go pedal, damn thing lost one of its nine lives, lol, very lucky little cat, and yes it run straight in front of my car, missed it by a lizards lip!

Phew, very close..........
And it made me feel good today.......
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #4096
slowsnake
Banned

We are getting a Kennedy family member moving to Australia!
President Joe Biden has announced that America's new Ambassador to Austraila is Caroline Kennedy!.....excellent news, I have had a big soft spot for the Kennedys, I liked em all to some degree, I thought Ted Kennedy was an idiot over the Chappaquidick Bridge incident, the one where a young girl died, Mary Jo Kopekne from memory, that ruined any chance of a tilt at the Presidency.

But JFK's daughter Caroline is a perfect choice, all these stuffy male political appointments annoy me, it's like a bonus for brown nosing for 50 years, last assignment sunny Australia!..
But yippee we get the real deal, and a real Lady, like her Mother!

Last edited by slowsnake; 16-12-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 16-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #4097
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I mean no disrespect slowsnake but this forum could be boring without you around.
Old 16-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #4098
Kicking back

I was speaking to my mum earlier today. She is on a holiday with her boyfriend at cullburra beach on the south coast. We had a holiday house there, and after the divorce my dad moved in to that place. Hes pretty deceased these days. So dunno why my mum chose that area to holiday. But my mum was talking about some of the places she visited that were well known to myself growing up. So i asked if she went to the fish and chip place at greenwell point? So i dont eat seafood, but this place is the best. So mum said yes, and i asked has it gone crap or is it still excellent? Mum turned into a car alarm when the car battery goes dead, i couldnt shut her up. Thats not bad, so the place is still very good.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #4099
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Just had a really productive chat with a helpful woman from Transport Tasmania.

Looks like I can hold my Tas rego without a residential address there and with a NSW licence, a little bit of faffing about but do-able at the counter in one hit. Will be good to have a familiar car on tap there (garaged just out of Devonport).

Buggers better not block NSW entries in the next few days…
3 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2021, 10:50 PM   #4100
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I mean no disrespect slowsnake but this forum could be boring without you around.
No disrespect at all Tonz!
I take that as a compliment, it's never ever boring anywhere I go, if it is its not for long
Old 16-12-2021, 10:52 PM   #4101
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
No disrespect at all Tonz!
I take that as a compliment, it's never ever boring anywhere I go, if it is its not for long
Hey Tonz, our little yellow men are waving in unison!..lol, too cool.
Old 17-12-2021, 08:06 AM   #4102
staity

Talking Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I was speaking to my mum earlier today. She is on a holiday with her boyfriend at cullburra beach on the south coast. We had a holiday house there, and after the divorce my dad moved in to that place. Hes pretty deceased these days. So dunno why my mum chose that area to holiday. But my mum was talking about some of the places she visited that were well known to myself growing up. So i asked if she went to the fish and chip place at greenwell point? So i dont eat seafood, but this place is the best. So mum said yes, and i asked has it gone crap or is it still excellent? Mum turned into a car alarm when the car battery goes dead, i couldnt shut her up. Thats not bad, so the place is still very good.
Can confirm, was there last week and food is still good

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
staity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #4103
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lee Holdsworth getting a full time gig for 2022.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2021, 06:18 PM   #4104
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On leave now until 13/1

No petrol left in the tank but the fumes got me over the line
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2021, 06:47 PM   #4105
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I used to work in a joinery shop next door to a Hungarian machinist/toolmaker. At 6:00PM every night he’d come in and happily declare “Go home, you bastards”. So I think your cheer in the face of lockdowns and mayhem might be partly a genetic credit to your mother.
Old 18-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #4106
slowsnake
Banned

Just finished brushing my cat, get all the bindi's out of his coat, he loves me doing it, and its nice little 5 minute meditation for me!
Too cool 😎
Old 18-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #4107
slowsnake
Banned

Just reading the stories in my Weekend West TV guide/magazine, a story about a guy named Malcolm Tsang, he is a Department of Communities officer, he started a program 10 years ago when he was working for the Department of Housing.

As they were planning an office Christmas party, his first with this Department, he had moved from Child Protection and was passionate about giving disadvantaged children the opportunities to enjoy normal childhood experiences.
Supporting children in out of home care instead of all chipping in to buy an office Christmas Tree and Secret Santa presents for each other just felt right.

He and a colleague put the concept to the Division head and that's how it started.
He has been running the Christmas drive each year as Chief Elf, the first year they bought presents for 24 children, and every year it has grown through other Government departments.
This year they will provide presents to a record....3,900 kids.

And it goes on for another page, but it really made me feel good today!.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2021, 12:49 AM   #4108
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Three hours earlier, would have been nice, but you can’t knock it anyway.
Old 19-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #4109
slowsnake
Banned

Old 19-12-2021, 02:56 PM   #4110
Kicking back

Took my brother out tyre shopping for his bike. The second place had a good deal on the 190/55 17 he was after. It was the last one in stock so that was lucky. The shop made a blunder which i find funny. So the tyre was on the shelf so fair game. Once back at my brothers he noticed a note stuck to the inside. Some bloke called tony is going to be ****ed. The shop sold his click and collect. Oh well, shops fault for not moving it out the back....