Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-01-2022, 07:20 PM   #4261
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
It's Friday and I am not working this week end.

Go fishing or take the GT for a blast, or many be both.
Go on, live on the edge and do both!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2022, 04:07 PM   #4262
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Reorganised my garage, damn that always feels good... i even worked out the dimension settings on my camera yet it still posts way too large for this Bulletin Board
And i'm still looking for a project car, but because of covid tax i think i will just stick with what i have and my Lego kits

Unless anyone has something around $50K ??
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2022, 11:25 PM   #4263
.:4:.
Kicking back

So, the past few days ive spent a lot of time talking to my young bloke. For as long as he can remember ive told him to be the doctor not the patient. He doesnt really know what that means. But its sort it out if you can before crying for help.
Anyhow, a lot of what we spoke about was he knows what to do. But i quized him and he didnt know the why to do. So i explained the why about a lot of things. I got a lot of yeps. But then asked for his explanation. So yeah he was listening. Its easy to say yes but not understand. Im not a hard task master. Put my kid and me in a room together and we're best mates. Unless he acts up, which is very rare. Then its dad mode activated.
Im trying to talk him down about racing rc cars. Yes he has some good gear, but hes talking up a losing battle. 📉.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-01-2022, 03:39 PM   #4264
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally got to mow the lawns, been 40 or more for a week and prior to that was stinkin' hot too.
Today is going to be 32 so out early and mowed, looks much better.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2022, 04:36 PM   #4265
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Pics or it didn't happen/you don't even have a lawn.

I'll swap lawn pics with you.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #4266
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Finally got to mow the lawns, been 40 or more for a week and prior to that was stinkin' hot too.
Today is going to be 32 so out early and mowed, looks much better.
I know the feeling.

Isn't it funny that a week of >40c makes 32c seem cool for mowing?
Old 24-01-2022, 06:14 PM   #4267
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Pics or it didn't happen/you don't even have a lawn.

I'll swap lawn pics with you.
It's not pretty, with the heat, lack of water, lawn beetle and the dog, it's the best I can manage.
Also did the edges with the whipper snipper. Why can't whipper snippers ever just work?
One of lifes little mysteries I guess.
6 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #4268
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
....Why can't whipper snippers ever just work?
One of lifes little mysteries I guess.

I have 3... petrol, power, battery.

Settled on the battery powered Makita as the best of the 3. Least amount of hassle with both start-up and line feed/reload.

When dealing with the tool becomes bigger than the job at hand, things have to change. Too much wasted time. That friggen 2-stroke thing was almost launched into the next property at times.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2022, 12:01 PM   #4269
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I have 3... petrol, power, battery.

Settled on the battery powered Makita as the best of the 3. Least amount of hassle with both start-up and line feed/reload.

When dealing with the tool becomes bigger than the job at hand, things have to change. Too much wasted time. That friggen 2-stroke thing was almost launched into the next property at times.
2 strokes are simplicity personified, but they do need to be maintained, I made an expansion chamber for a mates go kart, we put it on his Victa 2 stroke mower, wow, what a difference breathing makes, the biggest issue I found with the Victa 2 strokes was bits of head gasket coming off because they get really hot in the combustion chamber and always stuck between the gap on the plug, which from memory is the thickness of the cardboard on a pack of Tally-Ho rolling papers, but the sheer grunt of a 125cc 2 stroke compared to a 125cc 4 stroke back in the old days was phenomenal!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #4270
slowsnake
Banned

Got side tracked on last post, just got back from my GP's appointment, I sacked all of my oncology, pain management and every doctor associated with the term "cancer"
My GP is now my only designated treatment go to person.
8 months since my left lung come out, they found microscopic cancer cells In 1 of 4 lymph nodes, so it's there, sitting quietly, probably just waiting for my immune system to attack some other disease or illness.
Had chest scan last week, got results this morning, everything is as normal, sans cancer.
The cancer has not spread through my lymph system, no sign of any tumours or anomalies in chest area!

Lucky bugger me, the power of positive thinking, i refused adjuvant chemo and radiotherapy treatment, decided to go it alone and take my chances, so far so good, I still feel like ****, but that's because of other older skeletal injuries, biggest problem is inability to sleep, but I feel ok, it's very rare for me to feel ok but I do, I am very happy and grateful for that at least, they said I was staged 3A, give me 30% chance of living 5 years ( with chemo etc ) and maybe 1 year without treatment, I aim to prove them wrong, and meditation and a very deep belief in the power of positive thinking has been a boon to my ongoing good thoracic health!

Yes that made me feel good today!

Last edited by slowsnake; 25-01-2022 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Autospell
Old 25-01-2022, 02:09 PM   #4271
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Front row of the plane again... 3 swings in a row !!!

Wifey saying that's nice dear when i showed her the Lego i bought

Guess that's all my Birthday presents for the next 3 yr's

Hmmmm better find some more Technic kit's for Christmas then
For anyoine playing along at home, i am looking for the Mack? Container side loading semi and the Volvo Moxy 6 wheel truck please...
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 12:46 PM   #4272
slowsnake
Banned

All the "thanks" on post 4270, I really do appreciate them 6 little letters!
And it made me feel good today!
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2022, 01:21 AM   #4273
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Lucky bugger me, the power of positive thinking,

I reckon the thought of your next encounter with your bra-less neighbour has a lot to do with your positive thinking hahaha!!!!!
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2022, 11:00 AM   #4274
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

How can you not feel good about this.

Schoolboy climbs the country's highest mountain to raise money in honour of his late mum

https://www.9news.com.au/national/to...late-mu_270122

Ollie and his cousins Finn and Ted climbed Mount Kosciuszko and raised $20,000 for the Torie Finnane Foundation.

Quote:
While his mates were savouring the last days of their school holidays, Ollie Finnane was conquering Australia's highest peak, motivated by a cause close to his family and very close to his heart.

The six-year-old, from Orange in NSW, trekked to the summit of Mount Kosciuszko to raise funds for the Torie Finnane Foundation, set up to honour his late mother.

Alongside him every step of the trip were his cousins Finn Gibson, ten, and eight-year-old Ted O'Hare.

While his mates were savouring the last days of their school holidays, Ollie Finnane was conquering Australia's highest peak, motivated by a cause close to his family and very close to his heart.

The six-year-old, from Orange in NSW, trekked to the summit of Mount Kosciuszko to raise funds for the Torie Finnane Foundation, set up to honour his late mother.

Alongside him every step of the trip were his cousins Finn Gibson, ten, and eight-year-old Ted O'Hare.

"There was no whinging and no sore feet," Liam said.
Ollie's mum, Torie Finnane, was a popular and respected midwife at the Orange Hospital.

In December 2020, she was celebrating the birth of her third child Maisie and the Finnanes first night at home as a family of five when she began to experience headaches.

Within a few days, she had succumbed to bacterial meningitis, in the very hospital where she had safely assisted in the birth of so many babies.

The sudden and unexpected loss shattered the close-knit Orange community and left Liam with three children under the age of five.

But it also focused family and friends of Ms Finnane's on her passion for health care.

And the Torie Finnane Foundation was established.

The foundation's aim was to provide the highest quality midwifery and nursing services in regional areas through training scholarships and placements.

"Investing in nurses and midwives means we invest in patient safety and clinical care in our community," Orange Hospital General Manager Catherine Nowlan told the ABC in December.

Regional midwives and special care nurses will spend a month training in Sydney, working and learning from experienced obstetricians.

"We thought we can make a difference," Liam said.

"Even on Kosciuszko, people saw the boys in their Torie Finnane Foundation shirts and were offering them cash halfway up the mountain."

Donations are still being accepted, with the first nurse placements expected later this year.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2022, 11:45 AM   #4275
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
I reckon the thought of your next encounter with your bra-less neighbour has a lot to do with your positive thinking hahaha!!!!!
Past 2 nights I have been rubbing her sore feet, of course they are tiny like a delicate flower, I make my own skin cream using Sorbolene cream and Tea Tree oil, she asked me last night about her calves? I said I dident know you had cows!......

I told her they were coming along nicely, as is her bum and thighs, I have to make another batch today, am currently up to the knees and she has a beautiful form, it just flows from her waist to her feet, I will ask if I can take a photo, legs only, so as not to identify her, she has a couple of tattoos, but I can get around that!

And, it's platonic!..............but it sure keeps my hands soft!
Old 28-01-2022, 12:32 PM   #4276
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Have you been reading Mills & Boon again?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2022, 03:13 PM   #4277
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Have you been reading Mills & Boon again?

....I'm in a crap mood but that made me chuckle
5 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2022, 10:18 PM   #4278
slowsnake
Banned

Have a picture for you tomorrow, am going up now to have a cuppa and take a few pics of me rubbing her feet, across my lap, she a very cool young lady, shame I'm too stuffed up to do anything about it, but it keeps my shoulders loose, I love it when her back or tummy is sore, but that's another story!
Old 28-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #4279
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Go on, live on the edge and do both!
No problem...That's me on the right...

Old 29-01-2022, 10:15 AM   #4280
slowsnake
Banned

That's a nice photo, 👌
Old 29-01-2022, 10:18 AM   #4281
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's a nice photo, 👌
where are yours, you promised yesterday
Old 29-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #4282
slowsnake
Banned

Well I said I'd put a pic up of my pretty 40 something neighbour, but I and she had too much oil on our hands, thems the breaks!
So I took this with her permission from behind her, dident come out too good but she said do what I like, so I am!

Old 29-01-2022, 11:10 AM   #4283
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sure thats not your own bum?
Old 29-01-2022, 11:30 AM   #4284
slowsnake
Banned

No mate, we discussed me putting a pic up of me massaging her feet, but my tablet slipped out of her hands and her phone, but she was a fitness trainer long ago, and her flexed leg muscles are just unbelievable really, but the pics I wanted earlier in the day when we had some light dident happen, but she said she will be doing a photoshoot for one of her Web pages soon, and I can have my pick of em, but the only light last night was the stove light, and I don't know how to use my flash function.
Old 29-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #4285
.:4:.
Kicking back

I had to laugh at my kid today. He wants to build a gaming pc. So i will fund part of it, but he will save for the rest. So thats that. What made me laugh is i said when in computer shops dont be afraid to ask questions. So i asked him does he know why to ask questions? His answer was 'because they're nerds'. Well, he was half right. But i had to tell him you dont get answers if you dont ask questions.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 12:52 PM   #4286
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No mate, we discussed me putting a pic up of me massaging her feet, but my tablet slipped out of her hands and her phone, but she was a fitness trainer long ago, and her flexed leg muscles are just unbelievable really, but the pics I wanted earlier in the day when we had some light dident happen, but she said she will be doing a photoshoot for one of her Web pages soon, and I can have my pick of em, but the only light last night was the stove light, and I don't know how to use my flash function.
Im thinking some of us here are grateful you dont know how to use your flash function
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 10:02 AM   #4287
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Im thinking some of us here are grateful you dont know how to use your flash function
Just wait and see!......she did offer me one to use, but I said too raunchy for the AFF forum, reckon the mods will delete it!

PS...And yes I know it was meant as a double entendré

Last edited by slowsnake; 30-01-2022 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Add PS
Old 31-01-2022, 08:43 PM   #4288
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
That would have been after her cancer treatment and around the time of her album X, some really good bangers on that album.

A lot of make-up was used in creation of that album.......

Sorry if this is a bore, but everyone has a singer/entertainer that helps us escape reality.
I didnt go looking she just popped up on youtube Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around (Official Video)

I am convinced all those males and queers.
Old 31-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #4289
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I didnt go looking she just popped up on youtube Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around (Official Video)

I am convinced all those males and queers.
She's a gay icon, it's highly likely that the dancers/actors in her music videos are gay.
Old 01-02-2022, 01:18 PM   #4290
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
She's a gay icon, it's highly likely that the dancers/actors in her music videos are gay.
Yes they certainly looked like they were having a gay/happy time