Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-10-2022, 07:55 AM   #1
Mustang GTCS
Queensland

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone I'm new don't have my Ford yet trying hard to get my hands on it a GT Mustang. After the release of the new 2024 Mustang I wish i waited as i like the updated interior but like all car enthusiast i have already purchased after market mods for it approx 5k so no option to change. lol oh well
Mustang GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-10-2022, 01:15 PM   #2
Sportsman8
Starter Motor

Gday all, got the bug again after many years and picked up a au2 sportsman, already found some stuff to fix later me the lumbar in the memory seat broken in two. Has anyone here been through this?

Cheers Brad
Sportsman8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #3
Wooky
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys
I owe a G6E 2012 eco boost love it I had in my early days a Ford XY loved the solid car
Then a BA great car as well
Now this FordG6e just took it for the last 2 weeks to Adelaide went great but a couple of times up hill Temp gauge went to alarm then as soon as I got to top of the hill went back to normal any ideas if temperatures were high gauge would stay there but didn’t
Any ideas
Wooky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2022, 08:14 PM   #4
Lev
Starter Motor

Hi all it is nice to get into a Ford forum and interact i am not to sure where or how to Post a problem yet so i will start here i have a 2005 sy Territory and love it i recently added the cruise control buttons and switches to the brake pedal but now i am having trouble getting someone to add the files and activate the cruise control any help is appreciated.Thankyou
Lev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2022, 08:28 PM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev View Post
Hi all it is nice to get into a Ford forum and interact i am not to sure where or how to Post a problem yet so i will start here i have a 2005 sy Territory and love it i recently added the cruise control buttons and switches to the brake pedal but now i am having trouble getting someone to add the files and activate the cruise control any help is appreciated.Thankyou
Hi Lev and welcome to AFF.

A good place to start would be the Terry forums.............

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 26-10-2022, 09:28 AM   #6
Sum Blokes Au2 Ute
Starter Motor

G'day everyone 😃 I own a 2000 AU2 XR6 Tickford ute, I noticed a little oil leak at the front near the power steering pump (loose connections) tighten the connections problem solved right ✅️, Wrong mechanic says head gasket, common thing with this motor, $2,500 to have it fixed, my reaction 🤯, well 2 bottles of Rislone heavy duty rear main seal repair has temporarily fixed the problem. After talking to other ford owners i find out for an extra grand & a bit I can get a crate motor delivered, problem is I'm trying to keep the ute as original as possible 😀 but buying original parts is like finding rocking-horse manuer 🤣, now my fuel gage is going crazy each time I fill the ute up it reads MT, many Klm's later the fuel gage decides to work, now to fix that, what do I need to buy?
Thank you in advance ☺️
Sum Blokes Au2 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2022, 01:13 PM   #7
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum Blokes Au2 Ute View Post
G'day everyone 😃 I own a 2000 AU2 XR6 Tickford ute, I noticed a little oil leak at the front near the power steering pump (loose connections) tighten the connections problem solved right ✅️, Wrong mechanic says head gasket, common thing with this motor, $2,500 to have it fixed, my reaction 🤯, well 2 bottles of Rislone heavy duty rear main seal repair has temporarily fixed the problem. After talking to other ford owners i find out for an extra grand & a bit I can get a crate motor delivered, problem is I'm trying to keep the ute as original as possible 😀 but buying original parts is like finding rocking-horse manuer 🤣, now my fuel gage is going crazy each time I fill the ute up it reads MT, many Klm's later the fuel gage decides to work, now to fix that, what do I need to buy?
Thank you in advance ☺️
Probably a bit cheeky ,but,you will probably find the new crate engine is a bare unnumbered engine.Read what you like into that
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2022, 07:28 PM   #8
ARBOC
Starter Motor

Hi everyone,
I'm Pete, I live in Geelong.

I've recently brought my xm hardtop project out of storage and beginning to sort thru lots of boxes and put it back together. I can't believe how many parts go into a car!!
I'm new to this forum posting so I'll have to practice more.

Cheers
ARBOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2022, 01:30 AM   #9
dkgd91
Starter Motor

hi everybody my name is David and i'm living in France i'm 29 and i've got a 1971 mustang with a cleveland , i hope here i can find some info (and why not some parts) for this beautiful engine

(sorry for my bad english)
dkgd91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2022, 03:20 PM   #10
Roy62
Starter Motor

G'day everyone I'm Roy, I'm new to this forum and I own a 2009 FG G6E in Seduce with a black interior. I don't drive it much due to being provided by my employer with a work vehicle from the opposition, a Holden Colorado 4x4 king cab. I'm only allowed to use it for work not for private use which I wouldn't as it's not the most pleasant of vehicles to drive whereas the G6E is.
Roy62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2022, 09:38 AM   #11
BFMONTY2007
Starter Motor

G'day everyone I'm Aaron new to the forum. I live on the Mid North Coast NSW and own a 2007 bf mk2 Fairmont ghia that is a work in progress. Having joined this forum I feel was the right move to get and hopefully provide any and all help possible. With all that done can someone please point me in the right direction on how to change the fuel float/sender unit as having issues with it not reading properly. For example 3 days ago I had a full tank and DTE was saying only 150klm and gauge on cluster was reading half a tank. From my understanding the bf mk2 and the fg are same same in the way of fuel sender in which I have ordered a new one just never had to change one. Cheers and Thankyou to the administrators for letting me join and in advance thanks to everyone who can provide help.
BFMONTY2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2022, 07:34 PM   #12
ShawnK
Starter Motor

Hi all! I don't own a Ford yet, but I'm thinking about buying one. So I decided to register and get more information. Maybe ask some questions. I hope I don't seem too boring
ShawnK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2022, 07:45 PM   #13
Roy62
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnK View Post
Hi all! I don't own a Ford yet, but I'm thinking about buying one. So I decided to register and get more information. Maybe ask some questions. I hope I don't seem too boring

No you're not boring at all. I went to university and have a Phd in boring.
Roy62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2022, 08:08 PM   #14
ShawnK
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy62 View Post
No you're not boring at all. I went to university and have a Phd in boring.

Now you have to get bored at work, and have fun on the forums
ShawnK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2022, 09:28 AM   #15
Airvolution airbrush
Starter Motor

G'day evryone thanks for the add names craig i'm in my 50's i bleed blue & have all my life, i live in Victoria, i own a FG G6 Limited Edition in silhouette black with full leather trim from the factory, she is slowly becoming the car i want mods at the moment Shock works coil overs, Pacemaker extractors 2.5" exhaust twin 3" polished dumps, cold air intake, 52mm 3 Row Aluminium Radiator & expansion Tank, Oil air seperator, Superior Vision LED lights upgrade kit, whiteline Sway bars f&r with adjustable end links, [front] Lower control arms & Radius arms [Rear] Off set Upper Control Arms & Trailing Arms [ctrl Blade], with more mods to come, I airbrushed my bonnet representing Charon
[The Ferry Man] who transports you to heaven or hell i am currently planning out a new image of the same theme,
Airvolution airbrush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2022, 07:22 AM   #16
Jacksontracy
Starter Motor

Hi. My name is Tracy. I'm a car collector.
I live in Newtown Queensland.
And big collector of the shell motorsport collection.
I will have a spare i20 and BMW !
At RRP $15.00.
Let me know guys and gals!
Jacksontracy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2022, 10:49 PM   #17
db82
Starter Motor

Hi guys.
Thanks for the add. My names Dave and I am looking for a Mk1 Cortina, either 2 or 4 door.
Also, great source of info around the vin codes etc.
db82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2022, 08:15 AM   #18
muskrat99
Starter Motor

Hi all - My name is Dave. not a current Ford owner (2018 XTR BT-50) but I have a Next Gen Wildtrak due to be delivered in Jan 23 so I thought I'd join the forum and watch the Next Gen Ranger and Everest community grow.
muskrat99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2022, 12:03 PM   #19
buddyjones
Starter Motor

Hi all , my name is Neil.and drive a 2018 Ford Everest Trend.
There is an slight internittent sqealing sound coming from behind the centre of the dashboard.
Could it be satnav, turbo or steering ? Any suggestions?
The satnav map stopped working foe a day recently and has been ok since?

Hoping for an idea.......
buddyjones is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2022, 10:23 AM   #20
discomute
Starter Motor

Hi everyone. I just ordered a Ford Everest Sport. I'm into camping and fishing. I never considered myself a ford man but I've owned three cars in my life and 2 were fords (86 falcon and 98 fairlane). Current car is a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara - need something bigger now I've a family. So anyway, data says I'm ford-enthusiast. Now pondering modifications but got 12 months to consider.
discomute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2022, 05:27 PM   #21
MarkChesty
Starter Motor

G'day to all, I'm Mark.
Currently own a 2009 PK Ranger dual cab 4x4 manual.
Previous car was a 2006 Territory Ghia.
My first car (back in 1972) was a 1967 XR Fairmont with the 289 V8 - I loved that car and wish I had kept it all these years!
I've owned various cars over the intervening years but more Fords than anything else.
Looking forward to yarning with you...
MarkChesty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2022, 01:20 PM   #22
Ianf1445
Starter Motor

Hi everyone hope you are having great Christmas day .My name is Ian love my fords my current car is a orange fury ford focus st3 2021 absolutely love it have done a few things to it so far had stage 1 tune from mountune done and 3inch exhaust cat back system done upgraded brake system new discs branded brake lines and better pads .full cold air intake done and mandrel bent turbo pipe done ngk iridium plugs next thing intercooler.
Ianf1445 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #23
Doddski
Starter Motor

Hi all,
I have reasonable exposure to the ZK /ZL Fairlanes - love me a ZK, it was the first car I purchased new, so they will always have a soft spot for me I think.

I've come back to Ford ownership, after stints with Mitsubishi (Magna's & Verada's), Subaru (Liberty) and Audi (A8) cars.

Started back with a 2010 MB XR5 which I got in 2021
Just got a second Ford to live on the driveway, a 2018 Ford Everest Titanium (3.2 / 6A)

LOVE the XR, it is a car that I really enjoy driving, she's completely stock (aside from a headunit change), but she currently lives in the backyard under a cover, while the Everest see's daily duties. We just needed something with a bit of ground clearance, as I wont take the XR off a sealed road, and there is exploring and 4WDing to be done here
Couple of things that I want to do the Everest in time, but we will get to those in turn I am sure
Old 01-01-2023, 01:17 PM   #24
boro8907
Starter Motor

Hi All from New Zealand, looking at a 2021 Everest Titanium for towing a relatively small 1500kg caravan, so looking to see any ongoing issues and get advice on if a AT cooler would be a worthy investment
boro8907 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2023, 11:34 AM   #25
mvfrontier69
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Decided to join the forum to find out more about my favourite Fords. I am planning on a project based on an XE ute. My research suggests that there were no factory V8 XE utes made - does anyone know if that is correct? I am planning to build a XE Spac Ute 351, 5 speed with ESP trim but would love to know if there are any genuine factory one built. If any, it would be a very, very small number given only 56(?) XD 351 utes were made (I think). Regards, Martin
mvfrontier69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2023, 03:55 PM   #26
Wilson R
Starter Motor

Hello to all of you. Out of love for my old 2000 AU Ford ute I start joining this forum to try and make my friend who takes me where I want for 20+ years take me for another 20 years. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2023, I introduce myself as Wilson.R from Australia.
Wilson R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2023, 08:49 AM   #27
Spa
Starter Motor

Hi all. Ron from Wirrabara SA.

Forte AU2.

Will be asking questions about different things.
Spa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2023, 02:56 PM   #28
GTAUV8
Starter Motor

G'day I bought x2 Drivetech Transmission Cooler - Right Angle Radiator Fittings but SparesBox said they won't fit my transmission cooler, they say they are for a BTR 4sp yet i cannot google anything when i do google gives me American cars or parts from China that takes two months to arrive. I drive a 2002 Fairlane AU2 and when i look for the gearbox it says it's a M97LE, is the M97LE the BTR? I'm lost thanks Grant.
GTAUV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2023, 11:33 AM   #29
boro8907
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boro8907 View Post
Hi All from New Zealand, looking at a 2021 Everest Titanium for towing a relatively small 1500kg caravan, so looking to see any ongoing issues and get advice on if a AT cooler would be a worthy investment
Update evetually bought a facelift 2021 Everest Biturbo Titanium, we have not gone far in it yet (towing).
Coming from my previous tow vehicle (1999 3L Prado) it is night and day.

We live on a hill, and the Prado would struggle to maintain 40kmh.
Keeping the Everest in sports mode you hardly know you are towing the caravan at all , no such hill issues.

Hopefully we will get out on a bit of a longer trek and see how it handles.
boro8907 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2023, 09:57 PM   #30
DazzabroAUS
Starter Motor

Hi all, I've been a member for a few years and have benefited from reading the technical posts.
I currently own a 1975 ZG Fairlane, 302, T-Bar, Frosted Lime.
Also a 1999 AU Falcon S and a 2010 XR50.
Daily driver is a PX Ranger XL 4x2.
DazzabroAUS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post