Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Time for a Rant - Neighbours Kids Kicking Football at my Cars

Can we just shoot him already?

We're slowly getting to the point its just taking too long

Tactical smiley face in this post
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #32
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Find a witness...both of you walk over to his front door.

Politely tell him to keep his animals on a leash.

if he threatens you with your witness go and get an intervention order.

If he hits you go and lay an an unlawful assault charge.

You MUST have a witness.
And after that go and install some CCTV cameras out the front of your house for the retribution after the sun goes down.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #33
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I already have the security cameras. Not sure that helps as it just allows me to push up my blood pressure reviewing what they get up to on my property when I am not home.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #34
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I already have the security cameras. Not sure that helps as it just allows me to push up my blood pressure reviewing what they get up to on my property when I am not home.
My comment was more to provide proof if you have issues after obtaining an intervention order of you go down that path.

Which ever way you go good luck as it is a bugger of a situation to be in. Easy for us to sit behind a keyboard and offer advice when we are not the ones being confronted by Neanderthal man
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #35
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post a picture of your street / front yard.

I'm guessing your neighbour is p.......ed off with you because you have cars in your front yard.

I'm a car guy but i'd be p....ed off too if my neighbour had a wrecking yard in his fron yard.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #36
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Post a picture of your street / front yard.
Not likely; I want to protect my privacy and I have learnt my lesson the hard way. Last time I did something similar (albeit on a Holden forum) I ended with someone who was very difficult to get rid of who continually fronted at my front door up wanting me to sell him the EH. He was a bullying type who wanted it at a giveaway price I eventually had to threaten him with legal action to stop him coming around. The missus felt very intimidated especially when he fronted up when I wasn't at home.

Quote:
if my neighbour had a wrecking yard in his front yard
Nothing like it. Any work is done in my backyard shed where I have my car lift etc and, as I said, all cars are registered, roadworthy, and at least occasionally driven. So the four cars parked on my front lawn apart from the faded paint on the NB and rust in the NC sills (barely visible but worse than it looks) look very good. There are no car parts, open bonnets, missing hub caps etc.

I actually started counting parked cars on front lawns when I took the dog for a walk in neighbour late yesterday and, even though it was only 4pm (so some cars would be out), I still have a long way to go to catch up with the many here. Even ignoring the guy who has the Australian Post contract and several vans parked out the front and others (many on the verge) with several business vans, there were lots of houses with 5 or 6 cars out the front including some with unregistered and partially dismantled cars. And worse I think, a few with large trucks and trailers on the verge including one bobcat hire contractor whose truck had made a mess of his and his neighbours' verges.

Last edited by aussiblue; 04-07-2014 at 05:32 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #37
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Can we just shoot him already?
No; I am saving that fate for those who drive while texting :-)
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #38
FormulaFG
Lurking......
Donating Member1

You should probably go to the police and tell them. Of course they won't do anything, but at least you'll have something on the record. Should the situation escalate you will have proof you tried to do the right thing.
FormulaFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Is the fordforums lynch mob still active?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #40
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Invite him over for a BBQ.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #41
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
They are all registered ,roadworthy insured and driven at least occasionally. In varying paint condition though. The plan is to progressively fully restore and sell most of them now I am retired and bought 2 new cars . Something to keep me occupied and out of mischief once I have all the house repairs and improvements the missus wants, done (that's keeping me busy inside at the moment).

They include such cars as a 1963 EH Panel Van that was handed down from my grandfather and father that has only just over100,000miles on it (that I will probably pass on to another relative once I have it in mint condition again) and the NB Fairlane.

I am thinking of just selling the NC Fairlane as is as the annual cost of licence and insurance is more than it could be sold for and it has sill rust, but that is only one of 8 cars here (two sons with one each and my 6). I have the new sills so am tempted to fix it just for the experience and anyway I don't like selling cars that aren't in A1 condition. So all together we have:

1 X 2013 FG XR6 Ute - new on front lawn
1 X 2013 FG XR6 Sedan - new in garage
1 X 1963 EH Holden Panel Van good condition but needs respray and all new rubbers and some minor rust fixed (in the car port under cover)
1 X NB Fairlane - Excellent condition but a respray would improve its appearance - will sell at auction once in mint condition again (front lawn)
1 X NC Fairlane rust in sills, minor dents but everything else OK (front lawn)
1 X 1980 LC Mitsubishi Lancer (in the shed in primer awaiting warmer weather for final respray) otherwise in excellent condition - had this since new and may even keep as despite its puny engine it's still the most fun to drive and has never failed me.
1 X EF Futura (Sons) - under cover in garage
1 X EL Falcon (other son's) front lawn.

I expect I will have most and hopefully all of the ones I intend selling gone by next winter (arthritis means I can't do much outside or in the shed until the weather warms up).
8 cars on a suburban block? I'd be unhappy as your neighbour too.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #42
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
8 cars on a suburban block? I'd be unhappy as your neighbour too
Why; noting this is a real quarter acre block not your modern mini block and only four cars at most are ever out the front (my youngest son is away working in SA again so its now only 7 cars now with only three out the front - two Fairlanes and one Ute). I really can't see why it is upsetting people; there is room for more than twice as many cars in my front yard, I am not working on them every day, night or week, and when I do work on them they are in my shed in the back yard. Some of those who complain also think it is OK that they park their cars on my front verge. I also have a friend in Kalamunda with as many cars (mostly old Jaguars) and he gets no complaints.

Last edited by aussiblue; 05-07-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #43
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

I could build a new brick garage out the front (the council has said it would approve that ) so they would all be hidden from view, but as I intend selling at least half over the next 12 months that seems a pointless waste of money.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #44
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

And I have a long way to go catch up with the Sultan of Brunei (number of cars, wives or wealth).

Last edited by aussiblue; 05-07-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #45
Stubbie

I had been having the same problem with one of my neighbours using my front yard as their private sporting ground. I put up with it for about 12 months and then I made the mistake of asking them to go and play somewhere else away from our cars. Afterwards we endoured the barage of golf balls, tennis balls, fuit from palm trees, rocks, apples and attempts to dig up my front lawn with the foot pegs of a hill trolley. To protect my belongings when I heard a footy being kicked I would go to the front door and check to see if they were in my front yard and then they decided that I was being nosey. They then started to heckle me everytime I was out front when they were around. I decide that the best course of action was to ignor them that they would eventually get tired of it and they did. It took a few years and the building of a new garage out front but they grew up got a job and the son has now moved away. It's still a bit uncomfortable if they are outside when I am but I just ignore them and get on with what Im doing. It's hard to ignore and it's really anoying that some parents just let their kids do that sort of thing but sometimes it's better to try and keep the peice.
Stubbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 AM   #46
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
but they grew up got a job and the son has now moved away
Perhaps he moved up the road from me.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #47
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chances are if he's man enough to bash his wife, kids and a defenceless dog he would probly crumble like a little ***** when faced with an actual direct threat. If I read it right you have at least 2 sons and surely they have some mates, a little affirmative action can go a long way. I learned a long time ago it's not what you say, it's how you say it.
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #48
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Chances are if he's man enough to bash his wife, kids and a defenceless dog he would probly crumble like a little ***** when faced with an actual direct threat.
No; I think not there is a long family history (his father and uncle) of pub fighting and wife beating etc. Drunken Irish and proud of it.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:18 AM   #49
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy acreage and move.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #50
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No; I think not there is a long family history (his father and uncle) of pub fighting and wife beating etc. Drunken Irish and proud of it.
Reminds me of the family guy episode when Peter goes to meet his dad in Ireland
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #51
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
Walk out front and have a kick with them

Mention this is ****, let's go down the park

Go down park, kick footy, bit of graffiti, smash up playground, sniff paint, break in to school and pinch stuff

Heaps more funs than kicking footy in your street
Yup, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Not helpful I know.
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #52
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Love to see a photo of your 'Car Yard'
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #53
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Buy acreage and move
That's the long term plan.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #54
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't envy you. In my younger days when still living at home we had the neighbours from hell. Heavy metal music loud enough to vibrate windows, foul language, threats, football kicked into our house repeatedly to antagonise us. Teenagers, it became a game in the end. Six on one they were tough, one on one weak as p!ss. My parents didn't help things by going over to shout at them when problems started. It only escalated things. In the end there was blood, there was fire, there was carnage, there were no winners. All the years of stress. My parents not wanting to be forced out of their home. In the end they relented and sold to a nice Maori family who I'm told continued the war and beat the living snot out of them. Karma. My advice, save yourself the stress. Life's too short.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #55
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

You have CCTV footage? Take it to the police.
Or civil law courts. You have evidence for crying out loud
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #56
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
You have CCTV footage? Take it to the police.
Or civil law courts. You have evidence for crying out loud
I don't really want to get the kids in that sort of trouble (they seem OK otherwise). Anyway next doors kids were involved yesterday and after it hit one of my cars I spoke to their dad who is a friend and he promised it won't happen again. He is also a car guy with cars in his front yard too.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #57
tweeked
N/A all the way

Do you / can you have a side gate and get them around the back? I would hate that look in my street. Kids playing outside is how things should be, if you have things of value to you they should be secure. Hate to say it, but you can start to sound like the cranky old retired guy otherwise.

The more stink you kick up, the more the kids will antagonise you.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #58
chriso89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
Walk out front and have a kick with them

Mention this is ****, let's go down the park

Go down park, kick footy, bit of graffiti, smash up playground, sniff paint, break in to school and pinch stuff

Heaps more funs than kicking footy in your street

whilst the kids are in said school ramsacking stuff sneak away and call the fuzz - maybe plant some drugs on them before sneaking away, this should keep them tied up in the juvy system for a little while, and with the fathers history the police would likely blame him for the drugs thus eliminating your entire problem in one swoop.

Haha. Probably not too practical though.

Kids are easily swayed though so maybe trying to have a kick with them would sort it or if you bought them a new footy on the proviso that they don't kick it out front of your joint.

Bit of a pickle mate - I hate other people's kids i probably would have glued a hundred dollar bill in the middle of the closest highway and then advised them of it by now lol (obviously i am not serious).

Chris.
Vertini magic Concaves 19x8.5 fronts 19x9.5 rears.
PW S1 cooler kit, Plazmaman T/Side intake+Battery Relocate, 4" Exhaust, Injectors, V-Springs, eBoost2, custom tune + ZF Tune.
-------------------------
-PREVIOUS-
N/A 2010 FG XR6 ute in EGO.
Atomic Stage 4 Cams + Valve Springs.
Full XFORCE 2.5" Exhaust.
Full Custom Tune - 167.2 RWKW
chriso89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #59
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate been through this with the neighbors from hell next door, they had 3 teenagers of who the parents let rule the roost, we tried the nice approach many many times and on rare occasions they would actually do the right thing, but the very next day the sods would have the ball bouncing into our fence, front yard, or cars, if we where not around they would jump the fence trample the garden, no amount of having respectful conversations with the parents or the kids would do anything.
i might add 200 yards away was a park/play ground.

Ended up tension escalated, and after 10 years of hostility the family shifted away, several times the police where nearly called, a lot more happened to which i wont go into, but the teenagers where right little bastards, and parents not a whole lot better.
i dont know what the answer is , sometimes i think instead of gritting the teeth and standing your ground it would be wiser to just pull up stumps and shift to a better area,
when you consider the stress and probable effect on the health of you and family caused by some persistent ignorant arrogant bastards that live next door it might be a better way.
i wish you good luck mate.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #60
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriso89 View Post
whilst the kids are in said school ramsacking stuff sneak away and call the fuzz - maybe plant some drugs on them before sneaking away, this should keep them tied up in the juvy system for a little while, and with the fathers history the police would likely blame him for the drugs thus eliminating your entire problem in one swoop.

Haha. Probably not too practical though.

Kids are easily swayed though so maybe trying to have a kick with them would sort it or if you bought them a new footy on the proviso that they don't kick it out front of your joint.

Bit of a pickle mate - I hate other people's kids i probably would have glued a hundred dollar bill in the middle of the closest highway and then advised them of it by now lol (obviously i am not serious).

Chris.
been there and tried all that Chris...... does not always work mate.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post