Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-10-2015, 12:22 AM   #31
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Getting shafted by insurance company

Depends what the "technicality" was...
Were you working on something and got caught doing it? Something that could be claimed meant you were able to do your normal duties?
Just asking.
I was on sick leave after a knee operation...sitting around with my leg up, very light exercise, as ordered. Then after a week I went to the Anzac day parade standing there with my fathers old walking stick. Who do I run into but my companies HR guy and another manager.
"You look like you could come back on light duties in the office". That was the end of my sick leave...

They will keep an eye on people off work on insurance for sickness/injury, and if they see you doing something they can somehow claim means you can return to work in any capacity, they'll stop paying.

There's been TV advertisements along those lines showing someone injured at work and the tagline is "The best place to recover is back at work"....

...sure it is...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #32
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
No insurer can remove it's "liabilities" on any claim/policy.

yeah right, like an insurer can't accept liability for a workplace incident, & then change their mind & refuse to cover that claim when surgery is required? Ha.

my income insurance is via my super. They require all sorts of doctors reports & I keep asking for rehab/retraining options which are shrugged off by my disinterested case manager. I have about another 11 months of $ but may never be able to work a real job again. I have had to go to a lawyer to fight the original insurer which is a slow process & no doubt will probably cost me $$ at the end. Hope you dont need to get to that stage but it could be something for you to consider.

all the best with it

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2015, 05:55 PM   #33
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
..You are kidding right? Insurers are the most governed business around, you simple don't understand so you class them as being misleading and contradictory....
They certainly are regulated and for very good reason.

No company is perfect and neither are all customer claims either. Irrespective on the level of governance, there has been and obviously continues to be a need for the ombudsman. Clarification for both sides.

https://www.fos.org.au/publications/comparative-tables/

Some interesting numbers in there and looking at the % for Applicant "wins" vs Company "wins", it's more even than I expected.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: