Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
DRM ON
~trim taut terrific~

Default Why do you own your Ford?

besides the obvious I just want to know why so many people own the cars they own.

I was only thinking today about why I became obsessed with old fords especially xw/ys

The story goes my family is a ford family through and through so I was always into them but for some stupid reason I caught the 4cyl bug and my first cars were all jap crap riceboxes haha.

I went to syd for autosalon a few years ago, my mate had a vl turbo, was a pretty nice thing and damn quick. Massive chrome rims, white leather trim, you know the deal haha (i can already picture you spewing in your mouth haha)
We all thought we were it and a bit and cruised around sydney all night in that thing.

Anyway after a few hours we decided to head back to the motel, we were driving along when we pulled up at a set of lights and a quicksilver xy gt (may have been a rep. didnt really know the difference back then) pulled up next to us. This thing sounded tuff but had 5 big blokes in it and I thought it looked good but knew my mates vl would kill it.

The lights went green, my mate took off and this xy absolutely smoked us, I can still see it fish tailight the whole way up the road (in no way do i condone street racing. but this is my story haha) and into the distance. The sound was insane and just seeing that thing kill my mates car was enough to realise ide been wasting so much money on rubbish and I needed to get some old school muscle myself haha.

so what influenced you into the cars you have?
Any other similar stories?