Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #31
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Patience and anger management

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
since i wasn't there, and i never take someone's elses word as gospel, i don't know what happend and am not commenting on the particular situation

it is fair enough for people to ask for patience when filling up, or at traffic lights or . . . .
from the other side of the coin, if people had respect for others and actually tried to not hinder everyone else, then patience might be shown on more occasions

people only care about their own situation - as long as they do not have to wait,that is fine - but if they are the ones waiting, there is a problem. if people actually tried to not hinder everyone else, then the patience and tolerance level of many people would rise. unfortunately there are precious few people in the world that have ever been wrong, so that will never happen. it is just too easy to blame someone else for doing the same thing they do
And if i wasnt there next to the airline i would be blocking a fuel pump while cleaning my window....??? I wasnt hindering anyone.... I just put air in the tyres which is why i was there.... No one was around, I cleaned half my window, walked to the other side of the car and saw the car pull up.
Took 30secs as i said... put the squeedgee back and got to my door, and got abused because I was blocking the air!

So where should i go to clean my window? go home? go across the road?

Dunno... maybe i wasnt clear...? But lets turn it into a another contest...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
And if i wasnt there next to the airline i would be blocking a fuel pump while cleaning my window....??? I wasnt hindering anyone.... I just put air in the tyres which is why i was there.... No one was around, I cleaned half my window, walked to the other side of the car and saw the car pull up.
Took 30secs as i said... put the squeedgee back and got to my door, and got abused because I was blocking the air!

So where should i go to clean my window? go home? go across the road?

Dunno... maybe i wasnt clear...? But lets turn it into a another contest...
can you read - if so try the first line about not commenting on your particular situation. going by your response though, i would start to consider the other guy may have been right

it must be another contest or otherwise you would not have created another worthless thread. the problem is your competitor is most likely excluded from your contest, so you win. congratulations
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Jim just buy an air compressor then no more problems!!

Anyway I normally just go late at night, don't have to deal with anyone and can take my time if required.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was reading the news and came across this article.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226048030964

A BIZARRE road rage incident has ended with the alleged agressor in hospital after he was stabbed and beaten by two bystanders at a shopping centre in Hoppers Crossing.

It started with a stand-off between two drivers. A 58-year-old female driver trying to exit the car park through the entry stopped a 40-year-old man who was trying to drive in the entrance at the Woodville Park shopping centre.

Neither driver would reverse and stayed jamming the entry for about 20 minutes until the man drove forward and rammed the woman's car.

The woman had got out of her car shortly before the collision and was struck as he rammed into her car.

Two other men confronted the man in his car, smashed his windows and stabbed and beat him several times with a golf club.

The attackers - believed to be in their 20s and of an Islander appearance - fled the scene before police arrived.

The man was taken to the Royal Melbourne hospital in a serious but stable condition and the woman was in a stable condition in the Alfred Hospital.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post