Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #31
AU GONE BAD

Default Re: Another Au Falcon

hey guys i got a small problem with the ute
seems the darn gearbox is on its way out or at least i think so

problems started a week ago
1 it stared with the car not changing all the way threw the box once it hit 80kms the thing wouldn't change into drive

2 the gears seem to slip when cold and progresivly getting worst the hotter it got

3 last night while out and about ii punched it off the line in a hurry and first gear screamed and so did second once it was in third it was fine and blow and be hold once i hit 80 it kicked right on into drive i though eh weird

anyways i got to the next set of lights and did the same thing screamed threw first and second but how ever in saying this the gears seem to be changing just fine just like they was before it started all this crap

here is what i am thinking dirty gear solector or burnt valve i know the oil in her aint flash but nothing is when the old girls got 306.000kms

anyways guys cheers and any ideas id be most greatfull

cheers Mike
AU GONE BAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #32
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Sounds to me like its low on oil! Or the oil is really burnt to crap. Either way, i would get the trans serviced, maybe flushed too. If the service wont fix it, the bands and clutches might be worn to buggery requiring a rebuild.
A service is cheaper than getting a new used gearbox unless you want to not muck around and get a lower km/reco box in

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #33
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Sounds to me like its low on oil! Or the oil is really burnt to crap. Either way, i would get the trans serviced, maybe flushed too. If the service wont fix it, the bands and clutches might be worn to buggery requiring a rebuild.
A service is cheaper than getting a new used gearbox unless you want to not muck around and get a lower km/reco box in

thanks interceptor yeah i thought as much was talking to hagarones before and he preaty much thought the same deal

once ya burn the oil ya preaty much all over red rover lol as i said to hagarones maybe just maybe it was that 2ton of wet said that killed it !! lol well hey its a work ute ain't it !!!!

he thinks the auto boxs are all the same across em so ill do a switch out some time soon once i get some time just need it to hold out a little longer
plan to change it to manual but hagarones informs me thats a reall mind warp to do so.

wiring and computer flash in order to get it to run from what he informs me don't like that idea much but eh we will see what have i done !!! lol i must be crazy !!
Old 30-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

No worries haha yes that wouldnt have helped the cause!

He thinks correct, go for anything from ED to BFIII, the earlier ones had a trans dipstick which is a plus if you do your own servicing! Can probably get a reco ED box cheaper than a newer reco one??

Manual conversion isnt that hard. Change the gbox of course, pedal box, manual ECU, the surround that comes through the floor through the console plus wiring for the reverse lights (for when you select R) and thats it as far as i can think. Think you can keep the same tailshaft too maybe.

Haha maybe not very crazy, manual conversion is alot easier and alot less crazy than the RTV conversion ill do when i move out of Syd

Subaru Outback '02
Old 30-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Manual conversion isnt [I
that[/I] hard. Change the gbox of course, pedal box, manual ECU, the surround that comes through the floor through the console plus wiring for the reverse lights (for when you select R) and thats it as far as i can think. Think you can keep the same tailshaft too maybe.

lol yeah indeed
although i heard its a little more complicated then just ecu change over

i heard ecu, bcm control modual change over also needs to be done as well as re programing the keys on to the bcm so that all my original keys work on the setup.
in saying that i can just change over all the locks and bmc and ecu control units that way no programing but arrrgggh it's alot of work but ahh heck ill end up doing it one way or another

just got to many projects on

speaking of which if anyone out there interested in

au ford parts from forte threw to fairlane hit me up or
1996 ford courier parts
looking to clear 3 wrecks from my yard lol so don't be afraid to make an offer
Old 31-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #36
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Really? For sure? I only thought it was what i listed, interestin!

Haha yeah, one project is enough for me

Parts eh? Do you have the small plastic backing of the wiper stalk? My wagon is missing that bit of plastic...! Ill buy that off you for sure haha.

Fairlane, series two/three? Does it still have the premo sound headunit, front speakers, tweeters and 'A' piller trims? Just wondering a price..

Subaru Outback '02
Old 31-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #37
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Really? For sure? I only thought it was what i listed, interestin!

Haha yeah, one project is enough for me

Parts eh? Do you have the small plastic backing of the wiper stalk? My wagon is missing that bit of plastic...! Ill buy that off you for sure haha.

Fairlane, series two/three? Does it still have the premo sound headunit, front speakers, tweeters and 'A' piller trims? Just wondering a price..

the wipers are still on the wrecks at the moment so yeah i am betting i have one some were here

the fairlane is a series two id beleive as its 99 can't be sure
front speakers are still there, tweeters are still there as well as the two front plastic bits down the windscreen the two ones over the belts are well eh ....... FUBAR

the stereo in it is the tape deck with a cd stacker option gray face not sure if its got the stacker there never looked !! as i have a $600 head unit in my car i really wasn't worried about looking at a stock unit

make me a offer on the parts mate they just sitting there so first come first served
Old 31-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #38
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Ah right great. Well if youre willing to seperate the backing off the wiper stalk ill take it, how much do you want for it?

Grey face? Sounds like its a series one to me! So that headunit aint no good to me! The rest of it should work though. Cheers, ill thinka bout it!

Reckon you'll still have the wrecks in April? Ill be out that way that month so

Subaru Outback '02
Old 31-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #39
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Ah right great. Well if youre willing to seperate the backing off the wiper stalk ill take it, how much do you want for it?

Grey face? Sounds like its a series one to me! So that headunit aint no good to me! The rest of it should work though. Cheers, ill thinka bout it!

Reckon you'll still have the wrecks in April? Ill be out that way that month so
yeah sure interceptor i got the hole thing off its broken in the guts of the switch so backings not gunna be missed to much lol

as for the fairlane been around in april id be betting it won't be with 18 cars on my lawn i really need to start clearing !! lol

how ever make ya self a list of the stuff ya want and ill strip it off and put it in the spare room for ya
just like the rest of the cars i've got in that room
Old 31-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #40
AU GONE BAD

oh and as for the stereo i am sure ya could change the face panel around if ya have a busted one being a tape deck i reckon i ain't gunna use it !!!

i also have a black cd head unit out of a forte don't know if it works but ill have a look in the morning for ya !!
Old 31-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #41
AU GONE BAD

as for price mate as i said make me a offer i have no idea what that sort of stuffs worth i ain't bought those parts before lol
Old 31-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #42
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU GONE BAD View Post
yeah sure interceptor i got the hole thing off its broken in the guts of the switch so backings not gunna be missed to much lol

as for the fairlane been around in april id be betting it won't be with 18 cars on my lawn i really need to start clearing !! lol

how ever make ya self a list of the stuff ya want and ill strip it off and put it in the spare room for ya
just like the rest of the cars i've got in that room
Beauty! Thats perfect!

Oh wow! Nice collection youve got going haha. Allright thanks man, ill let you know what hahaha. I still need to buy heaps of car stuff i actually need for my trip out there

Nah its not about the face panel! The series two's had a small wiring loom change to the series one so that headunit wont 100% work in my wagon!
Dont worry about the Forte one mate, im after premo sound!

Make an offer, well ill see how things go in the meantime and ill let you know!

Cheers mate!

Subaru Outback '02
Old 31-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #43
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Beauty! Thats perfect!

Oh wow! Nice collection youve got going haha. Allright thanks man, ill let you know what hahaha. I still need to buy heaps of car stuff i actually need for my trip out there

Nah its not about the face panel! The series two's had a small wiring loom change to the series one so that headunit wont 100% work in my wagon!
Dont worry about the Forte one mate, im after premo sound!

Make an offer, well ill see how things go in the meantime and ill let you know!

Cheers mate!

the cd unit by the way is out of series three forgot to mention that but yeah i can imagen your like me want a stereo that kicks a bit
i got a enon and a 4500 watt kicker amp running sound streams so i kinda aint gunna go back to stock units
Old 31-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #44
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
the cd unit by the way is out of series three forgot to mention that but yeah i can imagen your like me want a stereo that kicks a bit
i got a enon and a 4500 watt kicker amp running sound streams so i kinda aint gunna go back to stock units
Series three and its grey? Do you have a pic at all? Thought they were all black with grey buttons and silver trim??!!
Yup, thats right, im sticking to factory stereo unit since i like the factory look, i like the 1hr keyless play (good for campin), steerin wheel controls and its not a bad unit in itself! (i dont use CD's so its all good haha).
Speakers will be better quality and tweeters should help alot. Ive heard my mate's Fairlane stock premo system and its decent!
Good power and punch, clearer too, i just want better quality and clarity across all volumes and its all plug n play

I used to have aftermarket systems in my past cars but i dont see the need for this one!

So you dont have any AU Fairmont's layin around?

Subaru Outback '02
Old 01-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #45
AU GONE BAD

yeah interceptor

i think ya miss read my last post old boy lol
its a series 3 cd head unit and black with silver trim its out of a forte and ive got the code for it

the one in the series 2 fairlane is a grey unit crome buttons tape deck with cd stacker option input

i also found a 1999 single din unit with the tray under it thats also grey i don't have the code for that unit but i still got the car it came out of so i'm sure i can ring ford and get the number for it

as far as fairmont parts no way !!! i can't let ya have em i got big plans to turn a forte into a fairmont with a few added fairlane parts ie the wood spears up the doors and foot well lights and maybe a remote starter
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #46
BRADFORD000

Hey mate, spotted you near belmont forum the other day. Looks awesome mate.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #47
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADFORD000 View Post
Hey mate, spotted you near belmont forum the other day. Looks awesome mate.

lol ahh glad someone around heres seen the old girl !!!!!

you wasn't the dude that reversed his holden while rubber necking and ran into the IGA car park post the other week was ya lol !!!

lol nah its still not finished got a lot of work left to do to it
1 steal tray is going on
2 mags hopfully some rims off a SR
3 a good coat of paint
4 new interior and getting the fairmont or fairlane interior yet not sure which but it will look good when shes done !!!
5 a manual conversion is also on the cards
along with maybe a few other minor add ons

cheers Mike

Last edited by AU GONE BAD; 01-02-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #48
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
yeah interceptor

i think ya miss read my last post old boy lol
its a series 3 cd head unit and black with silver trim its out of a forte and ive got the code for it

the one in the series 2 fairlane is a grey unit crome buttons tape deck with cd stacker option input

i also found a 1999 single din unit with the tray under it thats also grey i don't have the code for that unit but i still got the car it came out of so i'm sure i can ring ford and get the number for it

as far as fairmont parts no way !!! i can't let ya have em i got big plans to turn a forte into a fairmont with a few added fairlane parts ie the wood spears up the doors and foot well lights and maybe a remote starter
Haha sorry i musta. I see now! Ive got the same unit already in there, im only after a black premo unit with tape if theres one but otherwise premo speakers/tweets and the 'A' pillar trims will do!

Grey with chrome buttons wow, havent seen one of those before!

Ah yeah.

Haha! Well the only Fairmont parts id have wanted was the headlights with the orange indicator lenses thats all!
Sounds like another good project haha.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #49
AU GONE BAD

sorry i couldn't help ya out on the lights mate but i am sure i'm sure ill come across a set between now and april i am always buying parts for these things so ya never know what ill have in my parts draw
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #50
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Ah youre right mate, the lights i have on now are a few months old and the roo bar has to come off to swap em so im not in any rush for lights Was just wondering if ya had some. If you chance apon a pair in very good nick then ill see what

Cheers!

Subaru Outback '02
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #51
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Ah youre right mate, the lights i have on now are a few months old and the roo bar has to come off to swap em so im not in any rush for lights Was just wondering if ya had some. If you chance apon a pair in very good nick then ill see what

Cheers!
lol well i know what thats like i was thinking about a roo bar for the forte but ehh not to sure those ones that go right threw the bumper looks a little dodgy to me and it might stuff my plans to mod it to a fairmont

plans are to use the forte blue seats because i hate the fairmont grey death looking seats

1 door liners to going to mod em and put the wood spears on them from the fairlane, along with my black fairmont dash.

2 blue led foot ell lights

3 led running lights

4 ba style fog/driving lights down low

5 paint it white and add gt strips

6 thinking about making a gt led badge on the door

7 led custom scuff plates

8 led tail light that goes one side to the other may spell somthing with it ie DILLIGAF !!

9 body scopes may put a led light bar under it like kit out of knight rider and hook it to my alarm system

10 getting a older horn from a valiant and riging up 3 horns so it don't sound like a tinny ford shall make em move i see no need for air horns with that under the hood

11 wiring up my $1000 amp and stereo with reversing camera and gps

mass amounts of work in this project but at the end of the day i think i got more money in this car then what it cost me to begin with so if i sell it its gunna be big money
Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #52
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
lol well i know what thats like i was thinking about a roo bar for the forte but ehh not to sure those ones that go right threw the bumper looks a little dodgy to me and it might stuff my plans to mod it to a fairmont

plans are to use the forte blue seats because i hate the fairmont grey death looking seats

1 door liners to going to mod em and put the wood spears on them from the fairlane, along with my black fairmont dash.

2 blue led foot ell lights

3 led running lights

4 ba style fog/driving lights down low

5 paint it white and add gt strips

6 thinking about making a gt led badge on the door

7 led custom scuff plates

8 led tail light that goes one side to the other may spell somthing with it ie DILLIGAF !!

9 body scopes may put a led light bar under it like kit out of knight rider and hook it to my alarm system

10 getting a older horn from a valiant and riging up 3 horns so it don't sound like a tinny ford shall make em move i see no need for air horns with that under the hood

11 wiring up my $1000 amp and stereo with reversing camera and gps

mass amounts of work in this project but at the end of the day i think i got more money in this car then what it cost me to begin with so if i sell it its gunna be big money
Ah no not dodgy at all! Remove the bumper, two bolts then remove the eggcrate thats on the steel bar behind it, get your drill, drillbits and angle grinder out, drill 6 - 8 holes for the mounts, then angle grind a chunk out of the steel bar to clear the roo bar slides and the mounts will bolt up. Then you gotta bolt the bar onto the mounts which is fun haha and then you either have to cut up your bar and hope it lines up or find a precut one like i did.

Oh man youve got your work cut out for ya haha, when you start it make a build thread! Be interesting to see!
Id love to do the horn mod to my wagon, that would be perfect for Syd

Subaru Outback '02
Old 02-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #53
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Ah no not dodgy at all! Remove the bumper, two bolts then remove the eggcrate thats on the steel bar behind it, get your drill, drillbits and angle grinder out, drill 6 - 8 holes for the mounts, then angle grind a chunk out of the steel bar to clear the roo bar slides and the mounts will bolt up. Then you gotta bolt the bar onto the mounts which is fun haha and then you either have to cut up your bar and hope it lines up or find a precut one like i did.

Oh man youve got your work cut out for ya haha, when you start it make a build thread! Be interesting to see!
Id love to do the horn mod to my wagon, that would be perfect for Syd

even though i got a heap off work to do to it at the end of the day with 111.300kms on the clock shes gunna last a long while and the car cost me $600 to get with a cracked sump and i'm sinking about $2k in it
Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #54
AU GONE BAD

oh and i am croming the door handles as well might as well go all out
Old 02-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #55
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Whoa thats low klms!! Its barley lived! $2000 isn't bad at all IMO, sounds like a good project!

Absolutley mate, cant go wrong with chrome haha.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 02-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #56
AU GONE BAD

in case people were wondering i ordered this threw cruizin central ebay seller $165 expensive and its my own design so please don't use it lol
nah just kidding if ya wall want to try this mod go for it
Old 02-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #57
AU GONE BAD

yeah low kms are always the winner when it comes to looking after a car ive got a 1999 tickford green monster dec lpg ute out back as well thats got 86.740 kms on the clock and the poor girl met a tree doing 80kmh not my doing i might add :( and i can save it and realy want to keep the numbers all matching but fixing the rail is gunna be a pain in the ****
Old 02-02-2013, 02:10 AM   #58
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Oh wow, well id save it if i were you! Dont let it die! Thatd be such a sad waste :(

Let us know how you go with the cluster face, id like a plain white one to match the body colour but i dont trust them to not delaminate inside the cluster and all that haha.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #59
AU GONE BAD

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WHITE-DIA...item1c1fb971cc

there ya go interceptor just explain to him which ya what ie series 1,2,3 and if its a forte, fiarmont cluster ive had it in the dash on mind for a while now sitting in the heat with the windows up for about 12months and it hasn't flaked

and forgot to mention you can also get any custom image put on it just send him ya picture ie, flames, lightning, blue flames, skulls, even pictures off love ones

Last edited by AU GONE BAD; 02-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #60
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Ah yeah thanks! Ill add this to my to my ever growing to-buy list..youre not helping me!

Sounds like its pretty good then, ive heard stories of eBay faces warping and such..so yeah.

Subaru Outback '02