Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #31
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Are the Lights still on at Ford Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich View Post
There is absolutely nothing about the Everest that is appealing.. too big, too heavy, too slow, looks like a truck, diesel only fuel, poor fit & finish, too expensive, etc, etc. I've driven my fair share of both newer & older Everests to know its not for us. Handing over 90k on top of it all would just be insulting..
I liked the Everest but will agree with you on the diesel fuel only and high price, decided to hang on the old ranger (low K's) and go for a smaller more refined vehicle that does not run on diesel.
Geez I hate to imagine the price of the PHEV Ranger & possible Everest when they come on the market.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #32
SapperAstro
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich View Post
We went looking for a replacement for our Territory and our local Ford dealership showed an Everest to the wife. She took one look, laughed then walked out of the place. Ended up going elsewhere & haven't looked back since. Looking to buy another car again and won't be stepping foot back into a Ford dealership.. I'm done. 90k for a tractor made in a third world country.. no thanks.
We are in the same boat here. The Territory seems irreplaceable, even the opposition vehicles don't have the same power, luggage space, ride and so on. Unless you spend an absolute fortune on some CX90 or something...
SapperAstro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #33
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapperAstro View Post
We are in the same boat here. The Territory seems irreplaceable, even the opposition vehicles don't have the same power, luggage space, ride and so on. Unless you spend an absolute fortune on some CX90 or something...
Yeah I think you're right.. the Territory was right on the sweet spot when it comes to value for money. Even Hyundai are asking mid-60s for anything close to a Terra.

I drove the CX60 phev & petrol versions late last year and was pretty underwhelmed. Hard suspension, sounded pretty average (surprised given it's a generated sound..), clucked badly in reverse, and let's be honest isn't the most pritiest thing to look at. The Phev version was just over 100k for the Azami spec. Apparently they've revised the suspension & trans calibration now, but the train has left the station for us now so i wouldn't consider one again. Then there's trying to sleep at night knowing you've dropped 105k on a Mazda when you could've bought European for just a little more..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #34
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Suggestion for Ford Territory replacement ..........
Mustang Mach-E body, AWD 5 litre V8, about $65K, Australia only model.
Simples, winner, winner, chicken dinner.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post