Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2005, 01:50 AM   #31
BOFB
Starter Motor

So if I ordered 1000 tail lamps, 500 dipsticks, 2000 right hand front guards, 60 boots, 321 left hand head lights from Peter Warren Ford, they wouldn't sell them to me in case someone for fear I was scamming someone else out of them.

Your fleet sales wouldn't sell 10 GT-P's to a fleet customer for fear of you feeling selfish in making too much profit. Is Peter Warren Ford a charity non profit organisation?

No mention of copy wheels, they're OK are they??

The point of the message is to highlight FPV's poor customer service in comparison to other vehicle franchises. You seem to have highlightd on the wrong aspects of the message. That's been well highlighted in other areas of the forum.
BOFB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:55 AM   #32
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Um, good point about them being stolen.... but fact of the matter is that BOFB's were not stolen... but sold

RATT doesnt own Peter Warren Ford... so dont go aiming it at them....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:56 AM   #33
RATT

Don't compare taillights etc as you know very well that FPV and HSV wheels are a hot ticket item. They are hard to get, taillights aren't, as they are a common part with all Falcons. So your arguement holds no water.

Just admit that you haven't got a copy yet and you wanted to make a quick buck rather than bag FPV.

And it has nothing to do with FPV's service either.

Last edited by RATT; 26-05-2005 at 01:59 AM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 02:10 AM   #34
Sundeep
Banned

BOFB, as long winded, clever and organised as your idea might be, it sounds like a scam from where I'm reading it. Now that the truth has come out about the motives behind your ad, I hope now that people can make an informed decision about whose side they're on, and that side is Ford's.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 02:10 AM   #35
BOFB
Starter Motor

If Ratt does not want to appear to representing the dealership he is with he would be better to leave all the company references off his post.

The fact remains that the problem is not with the individual dealerships, it's with Ford & FPV. I do not have a single problem with the dealership that the vehicle was purchased from. Dealerships as a rule bend over backwards to assist all of their customers. If they didn't they would reatin any business. The dealerships are being let down by FPV. You seem to fail to recognise that. Again, what if the wheels were really stolen. Do you honestly accept 3 weeks plus as an acceptable turnaround time?

No where in my sale contract was it mentioned that GT or GT-P appearance parts were to be on restriction. If I chose I could take the dealership well and truly to task, but again, it's not the individual dealers that are the problem. They are let down by Ford & FPV policies so why should I cause my local dealer grief.

I wouldn't truly expect as a representative of Ford you could see that and that is what has come accross in yor message.
BOFB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 02:14 AM   #36
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Angry Hethen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOFB
I personally hope you never get any wheels! : FPV do not supply wheels without a VIN for a very good reason, to keep them exclusive. The fact that you have bought a GTP does not give you the right to circumvent this policy, as you are assisting lowering the exclusiveness of the GTP for you fellow GTP owners : . The fact that FPV go to these levels to keep them exclusive has in this case lined your pockets, I bet you charged a packet for them (both sets). Kind of like drugs, if they weren't illegal and hard to get, would they be as expensive.
I believe FPV should have the policy that if you need new wheels, then yu have to return the damaged one and in the case of stolen wheel, produce the police report (a false police report is illegal so get around that). I just hope that you lose the profits that you have made in the sale of your car, that would be justice.
By the way, before you reply to this, I suggest you remember that you are unlikely to get much support on this forum.
Old 26-05-2005, 02:17 AM   #37
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Go FPV for being truthful to their customers and making sure that all customer cars are unique and individual to base Fords! They are being realistic to you, and living up to all the other customers expectations whose hard earned cash went into getting a real GTP.

Still unsure about your Business Reputation....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 02:18 AM   #38
XRated
Shoot.

HA! And the whole defense of your argument is that FPV take so long to get you replacement wheels.. Maybe it takes so long because they are aiming to appease their customers who fork out big money to have exclusivity and are obviously trying to prevent what you are doing!

So their turn around time for parts needs to be improved, that's a fine argument. "What if they were stolen?" They weren't, you are constantly trying to get these wheels over and over again.

I hardly think BMW would be handing over M parts to their customers just because they own a M3/5 let alone three (or more) sets of wheels! I commend FPV on circumventing people like you taking the exclusivity away from their top of the range models.

20V Turbo

Last edited by XRated; 26-05-2005 at 02:22 AM.
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 02:19 AM   #39
Dez
Banned

RATT, you said it all for me mate. BOFB, don't come on here claiming that you are copping the rough end of the stick. If you don't know that what you are saying is absolute shit, then you have no idea what you're on about.

comparing tail lights and dip sticks, boots etc, all common parts on falcons etc, to a set of genuine 19" rims that only come on an FPV GT/GT-P is a joke.

they (FPV) is doing everything they can within reason to keep the GT as unique as they can. you say that they are only out to make a profit? if that was the case, they would happily sell GT-P 19" rims to anyone who was willing to pay for them, which would increase their profits as im sure there is more than a few people willing to part with the cash for them.

instead of that, they choose to sell them to owners of GT's who need them.

You whinge that it takes so long for them to get you your replacement wheels? this could be happening for 2 reasons as i see it...

either they have cottoned onto your scam and refuse to supply you (good on em)
or the rims are on backorder, because of scam artists like yourself with BS orders for new sets of rims.

What you're doing may not be against the law, but its dishonest and exploits what FPV is trying to do in keeping their hero car as unique as possible.

so please, sell your GT-P to someone who actually wants the car, and go buy yourself a HSV
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 02:20 AM   #40
RATT

I did not mention peter warren in any post, you did.

FPV parts are classified as "restricted parts" so that should be enough to tell you that they are not available at the drop of a hat.

Now regarding supply. There is a finite level of supply of wheels, most, as in 99% reserved for customer orders. Not replacement parts. So by supplying you with wheels you have caused a delay for another customer. And as a matter of fact there has been a delay in FPV deliveries due to wheel shortages where FPV was not at fault.

So before you dig yourself into a deeper whole, it's best you stay quiet about this one. Because to let you in on a little secret, FPV do visit fordforums.com.au quite regularly.
Old 26-05-2005, 02:56 AM   #41
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even though it seems its not illegal I really dont know why you would bother to do it. People put wheels that arent made for the car on all the time. For ****s sake i saw a Toyota Hi Ace i think it was (some sort of van) with TICKFORD wheels on it. Most people would just laugh at these people who are dumbasses to buy the wheels in the first place. Even though its not illegal mate its unfair for people who genuinely have damaged wheels or have had them stolen. Personally i wouldnt give a **** but obviously people do. Then again i havent forked out big bucks for the car aswell.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 03:36 AM   #42
rick69
Banned

BOFB, I don't know why you're bothering... You buy a new GT-P for the sole purpose of making a profit on selling the replacement wheels, but on the other hand you would be losing thousands of $$$ in depreciation of the vehicle itself. Sounds hardly worth it to me :
The Tyre Factory has genuine YES genuine mk2 GT-P wheels on their shelf for $4750 a set... So if they can manage to sell them without having to go through the hassle of purchasing a GT-P, then I don't know what world you're living in.
rick69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 06:43 AM   #43
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
This remark ****es me off as it proves your selfish goals and you are now after your third set of wheels to make a profit. It's not Ford/ FPV's attitude, it's yours.
What the hell is selfish about making a profit you stupid twat? It's called capitalism dumbass. Go live in China if you don't like it.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:10 AM   #44
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
What the hell is selfish about making a profit you stupid twat? It's called capitalism dumbass. Go live in China if you don't like it.
Stupid twat, dumbass. I see you have a great vocabulary there kiwi friend.

How about you get off the sheep and go back a page and read BOFB posts again.
If you don't know how to do that I will explain it for you. :alien2:

He bought the GT-P and sold the wheels to make a profit. He then asked FPV for another set and sold those too. And now he wants another set to probably sell again, meanwhile, customers who have ordered a GT-P have to wait as there are wheel shortages.

So you think that's all ok all in the name of profit right??
Old 26-05-2005, 08:11 AM   #45
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFB
If you or I wanted 1000 tail lamps, 500 dipsticks, 2000 right hand front guards, 60 boots, 321 left hand head lights, we could without restriction have order them tomorrow and no one would care. You don’t even need to own a Ford to do that.
It absolutely is a scam. If those items you wanted to buy were parts for a limited edition or top of the range exclusive car then no you wouldn't be able to buy them!

If I had owned a GT-P then I'd be pretty ****ed that you were undermining the exclusivity of my car in a goal to make yourself quick bucks, yet you have the nerve to slander FPV over it! Why should I feel happy that you were potentially decreasing the value of my car!

If you lost your wheels because they were stolen, I'd be right behind you ****ed having to wait. But it would appear you do own Wheelking, and not only are you onselling the wheels and thus depriving the car of wheels in the first place, I'm sure you have the power to throw another set of wheels on the car and drive it around if you so wished, instead of trying to slander FPV in this way.

Your add is misleading, your whole 'venture' is a scam. FPV I'm sure are wise to it which is why they're limiting your ability to profit out of the exclusivity of their range. Bravo FPV.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #46
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

You found a loophole and the loophole has become a noose, Hope it chokes you slowly!

I can see what you were trying to do in the name of profit, but the sneaky underhanded way you've gone about it is deserving of the flack you'll get around here.

I will give you credit though for joining FF and honestly answering the thread, although i find it a contradiction to how you were aquiring the wheels.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #47
xrgran

All I can say is, BOFB, you are a 'freekin ****er'.

you're probably selling the bloody things to HSV owners anyway, so they should just buy the real deal in the first place.
Old 26-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #48
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is he selling the shell of the car only? Cause l doubt anything else left on or in the car is legitimate! :
Old 26-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #49
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's an interesting question that is posed by this whole situation and one that FPV have dealt with in what would appear to be an appropriate manner. There have been a number of people on this forum who have needed to replace damaged FPV rims and managed to obtain one immediately (myself included) and even those who have needed whole sets (for legitimate reasons) and they have had no issue either as FPV have always shown a willingness to source spares from build stock to support their customers.

In this situation we have an individual who has chosen to work the system for his own personal gain and I can see no reason why FPV should continue to support such an enterprise at the expense of other customers in genuine need.

In simple terms, BOFB, you have chosen the path yourself and now want to cry foul because FPV won't play your little game. I have confirmed this morning that I can obtain a set of replacement rims if I were to genuinely need a set and thus your argument of poor service from FPV is unwarranted.

Finally, whilst I appreciate you taking the time to post on this subject to clarify the facts let me just clarify one further point for you: this forum is a non profit operation provided for the benefit of the membership and supported by a group of valued sponsors.

Regards
Russ
Chairman
Fordforums.com.au

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:16 AM   #50
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Anyone notice that BOFB has been very quiet, think he must have his tail between his legs because he didn't get any support
Old 26-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #51
MADDER
FF.com.au SAAB Driver

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your contribution on the matter. I have a feeling that Wheelking is about to lose a portion of its present and future "valued" Ford clientelle.

Cheers,

Jase
MADDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #52
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Now I know a diet of mutton & Ice cream can make someone testy, but there was no call whatsoever for your name calling. If you think you can run a business better start your own, dont tell others how to run theirs.

And we all know how to get a kiwi into small business dont we? Yo start them off in a larger one.

Complex problems are not your strong point!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #53
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

haha karma the vengeful elephant is going to flatten you like a pancake BOFB.
:
While I have no problem with copy wheels, for someone to sell there genuine wheels to make a profit, not once, not twice, but three times is unbelievable.

You can bet your bottom dollar that FPV know about this know and I'm sure they will find a legit way to not give you any wheels back.

Not to mention, that if you seriously do own Wheel King then you just lost a lot of business but BS here, word gets around quickly.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #54
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

What would be the Trade Practices angle on this, You canot refuse a sale to one or business individual. But you can supply a suitable replacement item. Its all interpretation.

I'd suggest the slow supply of parts to BOFB may be a one off (special treatment) and not indicative of usual supply times. I know in the industries I have worked in we have been required to sell parts to competitors and ex employees, there is however no requirement for me to expidite their delivery or offer trade discounts etc. Valued and contract customers can always take priority for access to shelf stock. Thinks can take time. :evil3:

So supply one set of replacement GT-P rims every 3 or 4 months would never contravene any trade legislation but would effectivley make the resell scam unprofitable. Just a thought.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:53 AM   #55
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

HAHAHAHA talk about a missleading piece of advertising... You dont say anywhere in there that you have already bought 3 - 4 sets of wheels for the car do you?? I thought you would have had a special deal with Ford and Holden to buy and sell their Geniune rims considering you offer nearly every type of rim.

All I can say is you go to alot of work to purchase your stock!
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #56
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm.. you people seem to be getting awfully annoyed at BOFB but i'm pretty sure even some of the members from this forum would want to buy MKII GT-P rims and would be frustrated if they weren't available.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #57
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it's been settled that genuine FPV customers can get the wheels when they want.

I have no problem with someone trying to get themselves a dollar by buying themselves a car and selling the wheels. I'm sure theres plenty of people who have done that (albiet, mostly replacing with aftermarket rims).
I also have no problem with copy wheels - they look shit, and i can pick them every time. Infact i have no problem with genuine wheels on non genuine cars (even a fake GT-P with genuine wheels aint fooling me)

BUT it really boils my curry when you go to the extent of taking out a high profile add and have a go at FPV for not playing your game. They're on to you, and your little plan has gone belly up. I hope you make a big loss on the sale of your GT-P. sucks to you.

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #58
Dez
Banned

glenn, its the fact that he is lying, trying to make FPV out to be the bad guy (when clearly in this case they are not) and that genuine GT customers were having delays on their GT order as the rims were being sold to what FPV thought (the first time) was a current GT owner in need of a new set. now that they've worked out your SCAM, i hope you NEVER get rims. 3 months is too soon

and was there any need to insult RATT? who has said absolutely nothing wrong in this thread gayner
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #59
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

I hope they send you some steel XT rims instead. Oh, and I will never ever shop at Wheel King again. And all my mates will know about this little scam as well.

Nice way to lose customers stooge..
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #60
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
I am the owner of the GT-P in Unique Cars. I have only lately visited the forums noted the various versions of what is supposed to have happened to the GT-P pictured. An absolute minority has chosen to call me a loser.
Pretty large minority if you ask me. Maths never was your best subject was it sweetheart?

Quote:
Whether or not I am the owner of Wheel King at this is irrespective. The facts are as follows, I purchased the vehicle with the intention of having access to MkII GT-P rims for the purpose of resale. Nothing wrong or illegal about that intention and that same option remains open to anyone willing to part with their money.
Businessman of the Year award here sunshine. If I wanted to sell CD-ROM Drives of the latest speed I most certainly wouldn't purchase a DELL Computer at Retail and then flog mine off and ask for a replacement. What kind of idiot pays retail for anything that is then going to be onsold to the consumer in any kind of volume? Surely you'd approach them as a distributor or wholesaler. And if this isn't possible, maybe that's a hint at something?!!!

Quote:
I sold the wheels that came with the vehicle the same day I took delivery around December 20 2004. I ordered another set and did not get a full set until January 12 2005. Effectively it took over 3 weeks to get a replacement set. What if it was you that purchased the vehicle and your wheels through no fault of your own were damaged or stolen. Would you appreciate waiting 3 weeks plus over the Christmas break for your replacement wheels?

Umm, yess, yes I would. I'd have no problems at all, I'm pretty understanding and don't expect people to kiss the ground I walk on everywhere I go. A $250,000 Bentley might be a different story but even then it's a 2-way street and I'd still be reasonable. I'd first of all not give away my old ones until the news ones arrived for starters. Secondly, I'd understand how hard it is to obtain new wheels with cretins such as yourself out there sucking up supply. And if stolen, I'd still understand, especially if it was a genuine delay and I was offered some 18's in the meantime or something.

Quote:
I sold the set that arrived in January 12, and yes, made a profit. That is not illegal and is the fundamental basis of all businesses. Ford would have made a profit when I purchased the vehicle and I am sure made a profit when I purchased each set of wheels as well as anything else I might purchase. The very forums you are on also must make a profit. It’s not a crime to make a profit.

Profit no, but gain at the expense and discomfort of others is hardly ethical even if legal. Plenty of legal things still suck *** at times. Drinking is legal, so is being drunk, but it ruins many lives. So we've established you're a money hungry, stupid businessman with little ethical value or moral concern. Sounding more and more like a business I want to support in the future...

Quote:
After getting another set or two in February and many arguments with FPV’s customer relations department, I was told that the rims were on back order and would not be available to me until June 22. Again, how would you feel if that was your GT-P that may have had its wheels stolen or damaged by no fault of your own in February and you had to wait until June for replacements?

Knowing the real reason now, I'd be very ****ed off... at you.

Quote:
As some of the unfounded comments have suggested, you too would feel like a loser.
You're an expert on this, how does it feel?