Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #31
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Yeh go the grandpa car, 2 years ago those outbacks were on every corner in redneck country towns, sadly now they have demised and most people have upgraded to Territory's : Probarly coz they have no power or appeal about them. :
Hey hey,
no1 I live in a redneck country town,no 2 my out back is a 3.0 flat 6 grandpa car,no 3 I could have easily afforded an xr6 for what I paid for my suby,but I wanted a wagon,and fuel economy,hence ruling out an xr6 or territory.

Last edited by apolloxbgt; 01-03-2006 at 12:58 AM.
apolloxbgt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #32
XRated
Shoot.

VN-VTs lowered on 17s. Lancers with clear tail lights and ghey mufflers. Older Silvias (especially the N/As and autos!!). R33s - respect them, but they were something special several years ago when you'd only rarely see one down Little Bourke Street..

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:24 AM   #33
EFFalcon
Last warning

ba xr's...
they're everywhere

[img]hxxp://www.pt.qld.gov.au/auctions/vehicles/images/041202/BA-XR8-Falcon.jpg[/img]
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #34
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyQLD
But the doof doof makes them go faster :sm_headba
uh huh .. if you say so :
I spose I can understand how.. each doof makes the poor little car jump which makes it move just that little bit quicker... mmmmm... :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #35
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

and your problem with that is... better than sv6/8/SS's everywhere

(was replying to EFfalcon)

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #36
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
uh huh .. if you say so :
I spose I can understand how.. each doof makes the poor little car jump which makes it move just that little bit quicker... mmmmm... :
what about when the subby moves back to original spot :
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:35 AM   #37
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
what about when the subby moves back to original spot :
wellllllllllllllllllll.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

:
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #38
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It's not the cars the I am annoyed about seeing ... well some yes ... but it comes down to the condition of the car ... and the type of mods done ... and the driver's attitude and conduct on the road that I am sick of seeing.

Now I am on the road quite a lot ... and from what I see everyday ... the idiots I see all the time seem to be the P-platers in Commodores ... sorry if it's a sore point for some people on here ... but it's an all too regular occurence. I see the odd idiot in other cars ... but 9 out of 10 times ... it the young Commodore hoon driving like it's the last day of his life (which it most probably is with his dangerous driving).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #39
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16wantsI6
and your problem with that is... better than sv6/8/SS's everywhere

(was replying to EFfalcon)
fire up
i'm just sick of seeing them... is that ok with you?
the fact that there is so many of them is:
a: good for ford
b: good for australia
c: good for us ford fans

as for it better then seeing holdens?
i personally don't care, i'd rather see 2 BA XR's and 2 VZ SS's then 4 BA XR's.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #40
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I'm just sick of seeing hoons. I dont really care about what type of car it is (hell, i was looking at buying a VP Calais or SS :Reverend: ), it's just the drivers. So many ****ers changing lanes like mad only for me to pull up next to them at the lights, dipИИИИs that think reclining their seat to almost horizontal is cool, with massive exhausts that make MY car vibrate, and the number plate rattling doof doof. Thank god my car is grandpa spec, they dont try to rev me up at the lights.

I dont see many VL's anymore though. The only ones I do see are done up quite nicely/extensively, or they are haggard old wrecks driven by older people. Maybe I just dont get out enough :
Old 01-03-2006, 02:30 AM   #41
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Dodgey @rse unroadworthy pieces of ИИИИ:
1. Taxi's
2. Workvans - these two are the main culprits. The workshops that roadworthy these things should be jailed.

I mean, come on, if there were more coppers on the road, then we might be able to rid ourselves of these POS.
While I'm at it!
Anything with retreads that's not a trailer. Retreads should be banned for everything but trailers. I can't handle the fact that cheap as taxi operators equip their fleet with these deathtraps. It's akin to manslaughter in my eyes.

P.S I'm not having a shot at coppers either, it's not their fault for the staffing issues nor what they're told to focus on....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"

Last edited by Des; 01-03-2006 at 02:33 AM. Reason: added to
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:36 AM   #42
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those P-platers in those commodores. It get's annoying when it's peak hour traffic on the freeway, bumper to bumper, it's hot and there's the doof doof doof . Cant stand it. Also, R33 skylines, I mean if it's a GTR you'd think hey thats a gtr cool. Even if it's an R32 or an R34, as those aern't that common. But the R33, too many on the streets, turned me off the 33's.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:48 AM   #43
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sick of the heroes in white skylines with black bonnets who like to be idiots on the road (including going round roundabouts the wrong way) and follow you to your work place yell abuse at you with all his mates in the car. Pity the swipe to the main gate didn't work cause I would have had him locked inside the premises all night. Oh well he was a pansy anyway as soon as a friend of mine rocked up to work he ran off. Pity.

ok rant off, other cars I am sick of seeing? None, to be honest, although i guess i am sick of seeing cars that people leave to rust and never look after them.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 02:58 AM   #44
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
fire up
i'm just sick of seeing them... is that ok with you?
the fact that there is so many of them is:
a: good for ford
b: good for australia
c: good for us ford fans

as for it better then seeing holdens?
i personally don't care, i'd rather see 2 BA XR's and 2 VZ SS's then 4 BA XR's.
whiplash :

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 03:08 AM   #45
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
1. Taxi's
2. Workvans - these two are the main culprits. The workshops that roadworthy these things should be jailed.

I mean, come on, if there were more coppers on the road, then we might be able to rid ourselves of these POS.
While I'm at it!
Anything with retreads that's not a trailer. Retreads should be banned for everything but trailers. I can't handle the fact that cheap as taxi operators equip their fleet with these deathtraps. It's akin to manslaughter in my eyes.

P.S I'm not having a shot at coppers either, it's not their fault for the staffing issues nor what they're told to focus on....
I forgot to mention the "turbine-charged" taxi drivers and their POS taxis ... and the old dodgy delivery vans with bits hanging off them and massive rust holes in them.

These need to be targetted more than modified cars ... they are more of a death trap than when I am driving. And they drive worse than "car hoons" as well ... I know ... I have to deal with that buggers in the city everyday literally.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #46
The Monty
Just slidin'

Riced Lancers: The most common car onthe road it seems
VN/VP Commondurries: They just sound really bad, all the time.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:44 AM   #47
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
1. Taxi's

While I'm at it!

I agree 100%.
Is anything being done about this? I mean really? They are everywhere.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #48
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
1. Taxi's

While I'm at it!

Totally Agree.

I'd also like to add to that Subura WRX's that are lowered, have the optional "sick" kit which includes the milo can muffler, and the terrorist lookin bastard in the front with his jihad mates. Also anything that goes PSSSSHHHHH when it changes gear makes me and many others just think "loser" when they go by.

Quote: