Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #31
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Bwa hahaha, I want that t shirt.

Oi! Don't be ripping on my Dead Kennedys hoodie! It's proof I'm stuck in the 80's.
Respect!

Love punk shirts, cant stand emos tho!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #32
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

pink shirt --> GAY
tight jeans --> GAY
boxers over jeans.. i just wont even comment..

Me, thongs, jeans and a back top. If the missus brings something pretty boyish home, its straight into the cupboard never to be seen.

I just dont know why younger blokes are just getting so gay.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #33
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I got married so I just wear what I am told, life is so simple.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #34
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donno
Problem is I am this generation, and still don't flaming well get it. But I have an older sister who does, and when we go shopping, I only need two phrases, Gay and not gay. Works well for me.
Mate, seriously... how do you go walking between lectures at uni??? I just about get ready to throw my books and crap in disgust. You see how last year 40k of our VSU fees went to the gay and homo society... ill stop now, before i go too far....

But yeh, when im dragged along shopping, its gay and not gay mate.
- XB Coupe Project
Old 01-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #35
nang3

yeh fook knows whats happening in this politically correct metrosexual society, its disgusting and i hate to see what its like when i have kids and they grow up !!
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #36
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think alot of gay guys hide behind that 'metro' look.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #37
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

well im part of this 'generation' aswell, and i dont get the punk/emo look, what i do get is the surfy/casual clothing look. no tight jeans just loose fit or some nice boardies and t-shirt, dont forget the thongs. and as some people probably dont understand even this, i dont understand the old hippy/flares "woah man!" look or "disco stu" look so :P on you. screw u guys im goooin home!

glenn

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #38
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFDINTEDIT
You see how last year 40k of our VSU fees went to the gay and homo society... ill stop now, before i go too far....
Yep, sure did. You have to be black or gay to get anything out of the student union. Worst part is there are only 25 or so members of the queer society. I've got nothing against homosexuals, BUT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED A $40K DATING SERVICE FOR? TAKING MONEY FROM THE MAJORITY OF STUDENTS IS JUST GOING TO MAKE THEM DISLIKE YOU EVEN MORE!!!!! STUPID F*ING GREENIES!!!!!!!

Cough... sorry, got a bit away from me there. Too far?

Another thing I just thought of, shoes that cost more than $100, that don't go with a suit. Why spend $300 on something that trudges though mud and chewing gum all day?

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 AM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

In answer to the question - nope. Dont understand it now and never will.

We get some good ones in at work though. Girls whose shorts are so small and tight that when they sit in the karts they either split (3 times its happened now) or they literally ask for something to cover up with. Seriously, what do they expect?

I'm a bit lost as to what i call the skunk look - the mullet hairstylewith the single dyed stripe in the back. I dont get it one bit.

As for pink shirts and aviator sunnies while driving Suzuki Swifts, well I dont get that either......
Old 02-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #40
rodderz

There seems to be a growing trend with the shirts and jeans with pockets ripped off. The missus showed me a pair in a shop I might like to buy over xmas- i said why would i buy a pair of oldy tatty jeans that some blokes ripped the pocket off? Gotta have somewhere for smokes or wallet!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #41
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Hey! Lay off the aviators! The Top Gun look is still cool!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #42
Mrs347stroker
Banned

Tell you what if I bought home a pink shirt for hubby to wear he would throw it back at me and tell me to leave. Plus I don't think I would like to see Matt in a pink shirt either as I would say to him "you look so gay". He is a footy shorts and t-shirt guy.
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #43
efgiar
rofl copter

pink shirts ИИИИ me off, its so HOMO i dont care, how can u wear a pink shirt and say u havnt got tendencies. i used to be one of the boys (wen i was 16ish) that had the boxers hanging out and pants down, i still wear baggy pants but not half way down my ИИИИ, i wear ford shirts or just crummy old shirts that i prolly should thro out but hey, cbf :P

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 02:25 AM   #44
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donno
Yep, sure did. You have to be black or gay to get anything out of the student union. Worst part is there are only 25 or so members of the queer society. I've got nothing against homosexuals, BUT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED A $40K DATING SERVICE FOR? TAKING MONEY FROM THE MAJORITY OF STUDENTS IS JUST GOING TO MAKE THEM DISLIKE YOU EVEN MORE!!!!! STUPID F*ING GREENIES!!!!!!!

Cough... sorry, got a bit away from me there. Too far?

Another thing I just thought of, shoes that cost more than $100, that don't go with a suit. Why spend $300 on something that trudges though mud and chewing gum all day?
Im gonna be so glad when that union goes bust. My $120 a year VSU is going straight into the car :king:

I love thursdays when its hand out the flyers day, i get into so many arguments with the hippies protesting.. Gives me an incentive to turn up some days.
- XB Coupe Project
Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 AM   #45
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

: ...

Where to begin. I guess I could be classed as both. Im guilty of purchasing $300 jeans. Guilty of buying suits $1000+. Guilty of buying shoes of $300... I still do wear old clothes i have had for ages - they always come back in fashion! But yes, I tend to spend alot on clothes (have to spend less now - I want a newer car!)

But in saying that I will also say that i do have "normal" clothes. Just because I might be fashion conscious, doesn't mean your gay. Unfortunately the way the world is going - people are becoming more involved in looking good. I will tell you that I have been told at work by both female and male (totally uncomfortable when they do!) that i look good and dress well. Adds to the First impression made with the client. Girlfriend loves it too!

I also ask - how many of the people on here do go to clubs and bars? You do understand there is a DRESS code. You will not get in looking like a dag. If the girl is wearing dressy and classy clothing, i guess you also have to.

And guys, I haven't seen a mod post yet - but i guess it should be kept on topic. I have gay and straight friends... and don't understand how this is turning into a gay bashing thread. We are talking about fashion here.

I guess the same could be said about the way we look at you all. "We don't understand their fashion - do they not understand what is in these days?". Just because we dress well, doesn't immediately class you as "Gay". As i said above, you have to look well to make an impact with clients, and i guess that is what sets the difference between the "ordinary" and "outstanding". I work in real estate - so in our office we pride ourselves in looking good. It's just an image we have to uphold

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #46
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i just don't see the visible difference in a $1000 suit, compared to a $300 suit. Sure comfort may be a problem, but for the hour a quarter i wear one, i can deal with it.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #47
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^ute
i just don't see the visible difference in a $1000 suit, compared to a $300 suit. Sure comfort may be a problem, but for the hour a quarter i wear one, i can deal with it.
One will reflect like a mirror in the sun hehehe

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #48
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^ute
I have one $1000 suit. Others are about $600. There is a difference in material quality, how unique it is (ie like fabric colour, stripes, how many buttons, style of the suit) and also how good it fits you. And there you go - you wear it for 1 hour... I wear it for 9 hours a day - sometimes more. So you have to get something that is comfortable.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #49
big_pete
Sublime

i cant stand all the ripped clothes with the seams on the outside and all the crap sewn onto it.

i do like graphics on shirts though, but more for the graphic itself not how 'cool' it is

im a thongs, t-shirt and shorts kinda guy
Old 02-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #50
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

What about the complete moron losers who wear the FUBU bright yellow shirts that are 5 sizes to big,.,., with mathcing EMINEM pants and madman hat backwards, with imitation gold.

all this at the age of 18 !!!

LOSER !

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #51
parawolf
beep beep

Heh some of you guys are going to have a field day with me...

I wear a pink shirt and cufflinks....
I've spent $1500 on one suit...
I wear lycra shorts while riding a push bike (it's a comfort and practical thing okay!)
I've had more facials than my partner (yes she is female)
I don't own a car (any more - should be getting something in the near future)

However in my defence:
$45 on a pair of jeans is all i'm prepared to pay, last time I bought a pair it was 3 for $90.
I wear t-shirts in my time off that are 5 - 10 years old
I service my bicycle myself, tearing down bearing hubs, chains and derailuers
The BBQ has a permanent spot in the back yard, despite having a spot in the shed
Everything in the shed is mine! and the bulk of it are power tools!
Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #52
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I think this says it all:
Old 02-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #53
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Eh, turn the collar down, put that little croc on the pocket and he'll fit right into 1992.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #54
parawolf
beep beep

alright - i don't wear my collar up because that really does look crap. My pink shirt is a business shirt and I wear it with a tie
Old 02-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #55
kooky
WRX terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
: ...

Where to begin. I guess I could be classed as both. Im guilty of purchasing $300 jeans. Guilty of buying suits $1000+. Guilty of buying shoes of $300... I still do wear old clothes i have had for ages - they always come back in fashion! But yes, I tend to spend alot on clothes (have to spend less now - I want a newer car!)

But in saying that I will also say that i do have "normal" clothes. Just because I might be fashion conscious, doesn't mean your gay. Unfortunately the way the world is going - people are becoming more involved in looking good. I will tell you that I have been told at work by both female and male (totally uncomfortable when they do!) that i look good and dress well. Adds to the First impression made with the client. Girlfriend loves it too!

I also ask - how many of the people on here do go to clubs and bars? You do understand there is a DRESS code. You will not get in looking like a dag. If the girl is wearing dressy and classy clothing, i guess you also have to.

And guys, I haven't seen a mod post yet - but i guess it should be kept on topic. I have gay and straight friends... and don't understand how this is turning into a gay bashing thread. We are talking about fashion here.

I guess the same could be said about the way we look at you all. "We don't understand their fashion - do they not understand what is in these days?". Just because we dress well, doesn't immediately class you as "Gay". As i said above, you have to look well to make an impact with clients, and i guess that is what sets the difference between the "ordinary" and "outstanding". I work in real estate - so in our office we pride ourselves in looking good. It's just an image we have to uphold

I would concur with this I am similar, and I do wear pink shirts, and I wear my collar up sometimes too.

However I drive a WRX so I am classed as something a bit different anyway........ special fried rice anyone? :
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #56
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

I wish the 80's would return and I could regrow the "mullett"
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #57
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
What about the complete moron losers who wear the FUBU bright yellow shirts that are 5 sizes to big,.,., with mathcing EMINEM pants and madman hat backwards, with imitation gold.

all this at the age of 18 !!!

LOSER !

AC/DC
Oh Dont Start Me.... lol

Those clothes are well purchased with welfare cheques...
- XB Coupe Project
Old 02-02-2006, 06:44 PM   #58
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
We get some good ones in at work though. Girls whose shorts are so small and tight that when they sit in the karts they either split (3 times its happened now) or they literally ask for something to cover up with. Seriously, what do they expect?
Pics or ban... :P
Old 02-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #59
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Eh, turn the collar down, put that little croc on the pocket and he'll fit right into 1992.
ahh yes...the good ol' penguin and leconte' shirts

Dime a dozen during the 80's, and still get plenty of use now. My brother and old man still get around in I'de guess 10-15 yr old faded dark blue penguin shirts, seem to be tough as old boots as they do all there car/outside work in them

Still know quite a few older blokes who wear the dark blue penguin shirts with the dark blue jeans with that faded white patch on the bum where they always sit. I think they'll turn over and die in that getup!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #60
nang3

they really need to make this into coasters for every pub in australia !!

nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post