Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #31
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: FG's are all parked along Barry Road carpark?

Going purely by that Nearmap picture it looks like there are less cars there (in January '11) than in October when I was there.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #32
prydey
Rob

its pretty clear they aren't all falcons too.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #33
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know why people want to direct others to nearmaps? The pic is from late January, we are in April for god sake!

Please Ford for the love of god, do NOT discount the crap out of these cars. That is how you kill the brand Falcon in the long run (and in my opoinin the biggest reason sales are so poor now, becuase of prior discounting the crap out of these things & killing resale!!). Think outside the box to move them with some deal that does not kill current owners & resale values!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I dont know why people want to direct others to nearmaps? The pic is from late January, we are in April for god sake!

Please Ford for the love of god, do NOT discount the crap out of these cars. That is how you kill the brand Falcon in the long run (and in my opoinin the biggest reason sales are so poor now, becuase of prior discounting the crap out of these things & killing resale!!). Think outside the box to move them with some deal that does not kill current owners & resale values!!
Yeh lets go broke sitting on our hands while we have more stock then we can physically park. If they dont move some stock in the next fortnight, they will be forced to stop production... Unless they start shipping them to you yangs and stock piling them there so they can go rusty in the bush.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Yeh lets go broke sitting on our hands while we have more stock then we can physically park. If they dont move some stock in the next fortnight, they will be forced to stop production... Unless they start shipping them to you yangs and stock piling them there so they can go rusty in the bush.

So discounting is the only solution??
Old 03-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #36
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Dealers want $39 kay for an Egas Wagon drive away.. Bit hard to sell them at that price when you have Territory's parked next to them for $32,000...

Territory also has alloys, side curtain bags and more versatility.
I saw that Dash...

I went looking when I saw the price of the TT's I thought holy crap, I'll get a BF7 wagon, or whatever they are up to, for late 20's. But no in,line with normal ford logic you can buy the lesser older spec car for more money. I'm confused now.

A TT for low 30's is great buying.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Did anyone stop to think perhaps the car parks that dont have street visibility are stock piled with new territories??
What you see could also be a stock pile of runout falcons put out front, before they start building FG2's??
Just a thought!
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #38
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTpilot
Did anyone stop to think perhaps the car parks that dont have street visibility are stock piled with new territories??
What you see could also be a stock pile of runout falcons put out front, before they start building FG2's??
Just a thought!
there is no need to bring logic into it.

i still say low interest finance will shift cars.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #39
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A) IF you can only sell cars by discounting the crap out of them, you arn't builting the right product & you should give up now!!
B) I said "think ouside the box", not just sit on your hands.. Offer 3K of free pretrol or a free holiday or free serving or XYZ.. Anything but discounting the crap out of them... 30K for an FG XR6 seden in 2010 was disgusting to say the least!!

I think the reason we have not seen this, is we now have a marketing background MD.. And marketers know what discounting the crap out of products do in the long term!!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #40
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
A) IF you can only sell cars by discounting the crap out of them, you arn't builting the right product & you should give up now!!
B) I said "think ouside the box", not just sit on your hands.. Offer 3K of free pretrol or a free holiday or free serving or XYZ.. Anything but discounting the crap out of them... 30K for an FG XR6 seden in 2010 was disgusting to say the least!!

I think the reason we have not seen this, is we now have a marketing background MD.. And marketers know what discounting the crap out of products do in the long term!!
Well they dont have the right products at the moment, eg. Gas and 4 Cylinder, at the end of the day giving someone 3 kay of fuel is just the same as giving them 3 kay off.. The big resale hits we see are not caused by retail purchases, most retail customers retain their cars for 5 + years.. It's the lease / government cars that kill resale.

Ford and Holden have been discounting cars for the last 10 years that I know of... Either through special value packs or big factory bonus's.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #41
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
So discounting is the only solution??
It is till Gas / 4 cylinder / FG2 come online...

How else can you sell them, you can either discount or value add, its dearer to value add to cars that are already built sitting on the grass, e.g. its a bit hard to go and retrofit FG XR6's all with premium sound...

The $3,000 fuel idea is okay but most people are only going to say that its loaded into the price of the car. The cheap finance would be a good idea but Ford don't have their own Factory finance arm, therefore its hard for them to market something like that when dealers use different floor plan providers / finance companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
I saw that Dash...

I went looking when I saw the price of the TT's I thought holy crap, I'll get a BF7 wagon, or whatever they are up to, for late 20's. But no in,line with normal ford logic you can buy the lesser older spec car for more money. I'm confused now.

Unless you specifically wanted Gas, at a 7 kay premium the wagons are a dumb move, but all dealers seem to have had a price fixing phone call because they all seem to want the same money for them.... Just because they are the last ones doesnt mean your fleet customers are going to walk in and pay a premium to get them.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
It is till Gas / 4 cylinder / FG2 come online...

How else can you sell them, you can either discount or value add, its dearer to value add to cars that are already built sitting on the grass, e.g. its a bit hard to go and retrofit FG XR6's all with premium sound...

The $3,000 fuel idea is okay but most people are only going to say that its loaded into the price of the car. The cheap finance would be a good idea but Ford don't have their own Factory finance arm, therefore its hard for them to market something like that when dealers use different floor plan providers / finance companies.
Maybe they should try moving them by a fuel card or even free servicing till the warranty runs out. Maybe try something to move them before going the discounting route straight away.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #43
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
I saw that Dash...

:O Is this true?! I'd highly consider buying one instead of an FG turbo in the next 2 months if this is the case.

I'm with what a few others are suggesting. Low finance would be a massive winner.
Also i like the idea of not just discounting but instead adding incentives.

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #44
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

5 year warranty or 2.9% finance like Toyotuh could generate some interest. But only on the right products and that is what is comes down to. No one wants fleet spec XT's anymore, even with incentives they still won't move them.

Ford Australia is in a real rough patch at the moment and it will stay that way until new products (and new engines) come on stream. We just have to grin and bear it I'm afraid.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #45
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

if ford was going to do that like what toyota has done offer the low interest rate i would tade my xr6 in asap and get a new viper xr6
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #46
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
if ford was going to do that like what toyota has done offer the low interest rate i would tade my xr6 in asap and get a new viper xr6
me too, even if they did it the same as toyota and use it to shift the models that arent moving.

hm, i hear gs's are slow sellers...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #47
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford and Holden have been discounting cars for the last 10 years that I know of... Either through special value packs or big factory bonus's.
Exaclty.. And what segment is strungling the most?? The local products that most private buyers say "why buy new when I can buy a 2 year old one for half price"..
Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #48
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
Then contact / email Ford.

https://www.secure.ford.com.au/servl...YPage&site=FOA

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #49
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
The big resale hits we see are not caused by retail purchases, most retail customers retain their cars for 5 + years.. It's the lease / government cars that kill resale.

But Dash, there is now a massive 'user chooser' market. With novated lease and car allowances taking over from the once traditional company car. It's this process where people are choosing there own car and the non enthusiasts are choosing a Mazda, Subaru, Euro or whatever.. over the Falcon, Commodore, Camry company vehicle.

Because Ford have left the retail consumer behind and have been a very effective fleet company, they have been left behind in the last few years but other companies (including their own Mazda) who have better read this market shift.

So we need add fleet to the growing list of segment that Ford Aus don't want to be in. Soon the will drop large 6cylinder sedan, and disappear in a puff of there own logic.