Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #31
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Yes, it sucks being driven around!
Wha did ya say Miss Daisy maam!! I's caint hear ya I's driving

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 29-05-2005 at 10:42 AM.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #32
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

ok quick update, still in the process of getting fully sorted, got a letter from qld police in cairns saying my suspention was 'suspended' untill a further court hearing, koolies i thought no drama's im right to drive till i receive my summons, 2 days ago get pulled up again 'sorry sir you have no licance' HMMMMM ok chatted to them politely for 45 min while they did their checks, show them the faxes i had sent and showed them the letter, because QLD transport have been slack 's and havent updated their comp systems i according to the qld police system still have no licance *FARRRRRRRRRRRRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 2 cops i spoke to were VERY professional and did their jobs very well, although handing me a notice to appear for driving UNlicanced, but will write on their report i co operated etc and that they recomend me for leaniancy when going to court there are some nice coppers out there, also told me that he was driving up the road doing a U turn and going the other way so he 'didnt know' how i got home *wink wink nudge nudge* how ironic though they do a U turn at a set of lights with a NO u turn permited sign to do this (same thing i got done for and took my last 2 points) meah..... ill see what monday brings when i can get onto qld transport and find out why they have jobs still........GRRRRR!!!!

UNR8D

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

bloody legal red tape lol
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #34
LUXO_8
windsor user

damn mate,
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #35
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

spewing :
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #36
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

understatement^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #37
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
If you didn't break the law you wouldn't have a problem....
You really are a d*ck aren't you mike.
Old 19-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #38
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
how ironic though they do a U turn at a set of lights with a NO u turn permited sign to do this (same thing i got done for and took my last 2 points)
I saw a cop do this in town the ohter day!

And the reason? To RBT a Pulsar driving grandma.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 10:07 PM   #39
Dodge
i like to be stroked

if ur local to cannon hill area and have no licence , i might have a job for u and ur pushbike
Old 19-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #40
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was something on ACA about this. The RTA is keeping the points you lose even if you have been to court and had your offence thrown out. Apparently the RTA is a law unto their own and don't recognise the courts decision, and won't refund you your points. So if you can prove in a court of law that you were not at fault, you get off, but because you were issued you the ticket, it sticks. To show how stupid the RTA is, a driver had his photo taken at a red light camera. The driver took it to court and provided evidence that on the day he got the infringement, he was in another state. So how can he get an infringement when he was out of state. So the judge threw it out of court. RTA appealed. Again it got thrown out of court. They appeal again and it went to the supreme court. Again it got thrown out. Time wasting at tax payers expense

The guy had the evidence. But the RTA didn't think that was a suitable explanation. And to make matters worse, apparently you cannot appeal anything the RTA does, but the RTA has the right appeal.

Go the RTA. Cowboys.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post