Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #31
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Centrelink

Glutathione deficiency (as the doctors ignored further investigation this was my own diagnosis), meaning it could've been from an injection when I was 8, it was probably a thermometer I chewed up when i was like 4 but I noticed instant drastic life changes after the injection and life's never been the same since.

Starting to get all these food allergies and **** too lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #32
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Re: Centrelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I do find it amusing how people bag them. Biting the hand that feeds them.
I found a little goes a long way. a little respect both yourself and the office staff can make things go a lot smoother and easier. i was having difficulty with getting payments, so i started dressing up and being extra polite and suddenly things went smoothly and with a smile.

i'm glad i don't have to be on the dole anymore.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Its not meant to be an enjoyable process people....sure its frustrating but be glad we actually get anything.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #34
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Luckily I've been off Centrelink for the last 8 years (due to sheer laziness when I left high school) but once I got off I vowed never to get back on it again.

Glad I'm still involved in a way otherwise my child care bills would be feckin hugemongous.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #35
Zero_PSI
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Try working a normal 9-5 job with chronic fatigue or many other issues out there.

That said, job network providers are pretty woeful. They look for heavy lifting jobs for people with bad backs - nice of them, eh?
I did it for 4 years with severe IBS and a sleeping dissorder.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #36
Zero_PSI
Banned

I love it when dog ****s write **** about people on Centrelink on facebook that are studying a fricken hard topic which takes about 50 hours study a week. Especially when they've been working for 5 years straight.

Here's the thing, I'm using centrelink incentives to study. Something I've wanted to do for a long time. In no way is it the easy way.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #37
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Hmmm anyway friday is my last day at work unfortunately ....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #38
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I've got a health care card, comes in handy with train tickets, half price commuting to TAFE and cheap meds, $5 for perscriptions, discount on rego.

I lose it soon though, going to second year apprentice is going to push me over the limit, oh well.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #39
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

A couple of observations;-

Avoid any form of GovCo social service interaction; and
Avoid police and HWP in your daily driving and life routine:-)

Where at all possible. REM 'pensions and benefits' are not always a surety, particularly if financial poo hits the fan in the years ahead.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post