Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #31
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think all someone has to do is walk into the dole office and tell them that you just refuse to work. ( what can the gov do can't let them die)
Maybe they say they are useless and act like your Frank Spencer ect.

I know two people who just refuse to work one is a pommy and the other is just up the road and there is nothing wrong with them at all. very fit and healthy and no fat gut but they just will not work.
They are always whingeing and winding.
One just runs around spinning the rapture is coming, the pope is the devil, the jew's are your saviour, and just say this and you will be saved! end of story.
I think the dole office has a little black book for them.
Pommy has not worked for 25 years and the other over 30 years.

69XWGT the dole office possibly could not do a thing about him anyway.
If he want to jail he would only cost the country more.
That type are everywhere. and the gov don't want to have deal with stuff like that. it's a hot potato.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #32
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Would adopting what the U.S. does for their welfare system work for us?

Give a cap of 5 years of social security and then you are on ya own?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 08-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #33
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Would adopting what the U.S. does for their welfare system work for us?

Give a cap of 5 years of social security and then you are on ya own?
It could, but one side effect is that instead of getting a job after 5 years some people just turn to crime. I'm happy to spend my tax dollars on drug users if it keeps them from breaking into my house.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
I think all someone has to do is walk into the dole office and tell them that you just refuse to work. ( what can the gov do can't let them die)
Well they can. The government allows for the mentally ill to live in the street whats the difference from that to a lazy scab?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #35
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

total waste of time dobbing him in... not unless your willing to follow up with constant phones calls, letters etc to see if they actually do something about it.
Having complained about a neighbour who is defrauding housing commission (because he owns a house interstate), the state of the unit (which is a pig sty), for 4 yrs and even going to local member, ombudsman etc, nothing has happened.
He still owns a house interstate, his unit is still is a pig sty....
Good luck!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 08-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #36
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69XWGT
Should i call Centrelink
Yes, or do it online.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne.../fraud_how.htm

For those who doubt if a complaint is followed up, get yourself on a payment and have some one dob on you
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #37
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Centrelink have a hotline you can call. They will investigate him. Theres been a few incidents over the years in the news where people have been taken to court by Centrelink for false claims, been found guilty and have been ordered to pay it back.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #38
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

This whole thing is a storm in a tea cup, I imagine the majority of people who are getting this money are spending and not hoarding it. Which means money back into the economy, dollars been spent, companies getting richer, paying more dividends to shareholders, and making these people wealthy, then getting taxed and the money gets back to the government.

I don't think what he's doing is right, but I'm certainly not going to get my panties in a twist over it.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #39
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

On another note did anybody else read the report on apprentice wages being lower than the dole:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226001079937

I myself have the problem of while my gross pay appears to increase as I work harder and gain more skills the take home pay does not increase as fast thanks to the moving into the next tax bracket.

Two things need to be done:

1) A flat tax rate say 25% from $10 000+ to encourage people to work harder and earn more.

2) Centrelink should work like HECS. You get so many years benefits but you have to pay it back.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #40
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
It could, but one side effect is that instead of getting a job after 5 years some people just turn to crime. I'm happy to spend my tax dollars on drug users if it keeps them from breaking into my house.

What's the difference there still robbing you
Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #41
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
On another note did anybody else read the report on apprentice wages being lower than the dole:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226001079937

I myself have the problem of while my gross pay appears to increase as I work harder and gain more skills the take home pay does not increase as fast thanks to the moving into the next tax bracket.

Two things need to be done:

1) A flat tax rate say 25% from $10 000+ to encourage people to work harder and earn more.

2) Centrelink should work like HECS. You get so many years benefits but you have to pay it back.

Thats a aprentices take home pay , Double that and that roughly what the employer cops
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #42
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69XWGT
I know this guy that is ripping off the system.

He supposedly has a bad back and is on a disability pension, but goes to work on a casual basis with a bloke that is a carpet layer and carries full rolls of carpet into houses.
When he not working laying carpet he is out fishing often throwing a cast net for Prawns(which he sells) for hours on end or out pulling crab pots(which he sells as well). The limit for crab pots is 4 per person and yet this grub has around 30 pots sunk.

He also breeds and sells finches

He is a pothead and small time pot seller.

He is a mate of mate.

He's just bludging on the rest of the Australian society that goes to work and pays taxes.

Should i call Centrelink and or the police??
The answer is yes - call Centrelink.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism

You have to earn a certain amount before you need to pay it back. So if you don't work you don't need to or if you earn below that amount. So how would that encourage someone to get a job?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #44
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Double post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #45
Boosh Brus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
This whole thing is a storm in a tea cup, I imagine the majority of people who are getting this money are spending and not hoarding it. Which means money back into the economy, dollars been spent, companies getting richer, paying more dividends to shareholders, and making these people wealthy, then getting taxed and the money gets back to the government.

I don't think what he's doing is right, but I'm certainly not going to get my panties in a twist over it.
Thats one way to look at it, the other way is that these people are not producing anything or contributing to the economy in anyway. We cant all just sit around consuming or we will be headed in the same direction as the US (Trade deficit leaders of the world). If you gave that tax money back to business at least they might reinvest it (new equipment, create employment etc) and as a result bring benefit the country.

I have nothing against welfare but the system should only be for people who are in genuine need and thats a hard thing to achieve when people are dishonest.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #46
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Plenty of people like this out there..

I say dob them in, every last one of them, just hope centrelink has the stones to do something about it.
Agreed 100% these people **** me right off
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 08-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #47
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
Maybe they say they are useless and act like your Frank Spencer ect.

I know two people who just refuse to work one is a pommy and the other is just up the road and there is nothing wrong with them at all. very fit and healthy and no fat gut but they just will not work.
They are always whingeing and winding.
One just runs around spinning the rapture is coming, the pope is the devil, the jew's are your saviour, and just say this and you will be saved! end of story.
I think the dole office has a little black book for them.
Pommy has not worked for 25 years and the other over 30 years.

69XWGT the dole office possibly could not do a thing about him anyway.
If he want to jail he would only cost the country more.
That type are everywhere. and the gov don't want to have deal with stuff like that. it's a hot potato.
I'm not sure what planet you are from, but there is no "dole office". There is Centrelink and they are very interested in anyone taking the system for a ride. To say the government doesn't care shows a total lack of understanding - sometimes the government is slow, but the wheels do turn, and people are always given the benefit of doubt and are treated as innocent until proven guilty.

BTW, I do NOT work for Centrelink, but I do have some idea of how government works and what interests them.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 08-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #48
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
You have to earn a certain amount before you need to pay it back. So if you don't work you don't need to or if you earn below that amount. So how would that encourage someone to get a job?
More money is usually a good reward for getting a job.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
More money is usually a good reward for getting a job.
Depends on what you earn. Minimum wage and losing the extra benefits you get on welfare might stop people returning to work.

Besides, if you work you pay tax. Tax pays for welfare. If you were on it and now you work, you are paying for welfare.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #50
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Today Tonight
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #51
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosh Brus
Thats one way to look at it, the other way is that these people are not producing anything or contributing to the economy in anyway. We cant all just sit around consuming or we will be headed in the same direction as the US (Trade deficit leaders of the world). If you gave that tax money back to business at least they might reinvest it (new equipment, create employment etc) and as a result bring benefit the country.

I have nothing against welfare but the system should only be for people who are in genuine need and thats a hard thing to achieve when people are dishonest.
And luckily we don't, that's what is great. Most Australians have ambition and drive to better themselves, but most are content with earning a good living and having a good quality of life. If 2% of the country wanna sit around on their backside for 60 odd years doing nothing and achieving even less, I'm not gonna let it bug me, because they're not worth my time.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #52
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again.

Replace at least half to 3/4 the dole payment with a complete " Essentials card " that can be used to buy only fuel, food, personal hygiene products, baby products and clothing and is accepted by all major utilities company as a means of payment. This rules out alcohol, tobacco and cash withdrawals. All and every receipt will show it has been paid for using the Essentials card, to avoid people returning products for cash.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #53
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
If there was say a ceiling of say $50k before you were cut off than people would have to work.

The emphasis should be be on tax breaks rather than Government handouts.
Say a $30k tax deduction for every dependant which would encourage working people to have families.

Australia is ageing rapidly we simply cannot afford such lavish Welfare benefits. We need to either freeze payments at current levels and let inflation take care of them or follow Europe down the road of uncompetitive heavily taxed economies, bankrupt Governments and a population in a demographic death spiral.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #54
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire

Replace at least half to 3/4 the dole payment with a complete " Essentials card " that can be used to buy only fuel, food, personal hygiene products, baby products and clothing and is accepted by all major utilities company as a means of payment. This rules out alcohol, tobacco and cash withdrawals. All and every receipt will show it has been paid for using the Essentials card, to avoid people returning products for cash.
This is a very good idea. Sort of what happened a few years ago in the NT when it was discovered certain members of the community weren't spending their income support on sutenance for themselves and their children.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #55
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Better yet, post up his living address and let people on here decide whats best. LOL
LOL, did AFF become /b?

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #56
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The only things the government will persue with all its might crime wise is Centrelink Fraud and Tax Evasion.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #57
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
The only things the government will persue with all its might crime wise is Centrelink Fraud and Tax Evasion.
And Julian Assange
Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #58
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
And Julian Assange
and people who pay $1 less than they should in Child Support.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #59
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire

Replace at least half to 3/4 the dole payment with a complete " Essentials card " that can be used to buy only fuel, food, personal hygiene products, baby products and clothing and is accepted by all major utilities company as a means of payment. This rules out alcohol, tobacco and cash withdrawals
its not all that far away, 'Basics Card' is similar to what you have spoken about and it has been used in northern Australia for a little while now.

and lulz were had Riksta !
Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #60
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
and people who pay $1 less than they should in Child Support.
Release the hounds.
Closed Thread