Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #31
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Retail and the quiet end of financial year

It amazes me that more of the retail non speciality shops have not already folded . You can walk in to any of them and buy basically the same thing . Its crazy that you have so many that are all trying to get a bite out of the same shrinking pie. Target, big w, k mart harris skarfe and a bucketload of others all fighting for the same market.
Now I made the mistake of walking into Tradetools Geebung on the last Saturday of June, full on EOFY blitz. These are the type of Co. that will survive, No union crap and loyal staff that know what their selling. With all the customers they had I expected to be waiting for a while to be served. 2 staff asked if I required assistance within 2 mins. Try that at bunnings, Kmart or Harvey Norman.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #32
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Masters is much better than Bunnings, you go into Bunnings and theres 1 staff member per 750 aisles, they see a customer and they disappear.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Masters is much better than Bunnings, you go into Bunnings and theres 1 staff member per 750 aisles, they see a customer and they disappear.
sadly it does depend on the bunnings - they actually have something called a 2 metre rule, which means if staff come within 2 metres of a customer they must acknowledge them. It has always been there but not enforced - unless there is a Masters going in close by.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #34
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Things have swung up this week due to Uni holidays. The night club is bringing in lots of cash. Several functions on this week and they're not small. Lots of revenue, then next week nothing. Nothing on the forecast sheet for 1.5 months!! Tough times until September which will see a massive surge in revenue as formal/wedding season starts up. I can forsee plenty of casual staff quitting then we will struggle again once we get busy and need them.
If the planned room revamp happens soon then we should see next winter being busier than this one, along with a proper beer garden for the club hopefully being built too.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #35
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
sadly it does depend on the bunnings - they actually have something called a 2 metre rule, which means if staff come within 2 metres of a customer they must acknowledge them. It has always been there but not enforced - unless there is a Masters going in close by.
Yes I have noticed our new local bunnings the staff say g'day and are much more friendly compared to the old one and are generally helpful if you can find someone, but it seems the the check out is much the same, you can still spend 10 minutes waiting to get served with often only one counter manned.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #36
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Yes I have noticed our new local bunnings the staff say g'day and are much more friendly compared to the old one and are generally helpful if you can find someone, but it seems the the check out is much the same, you can still spend 10 minutes waiting to get served with often only one counter manned.
It all comes down to training. New store and all the new staff were trained properly and the oldies went through retraining as part of new store opening. Masters being relatively new have new staff all newly trained. A close one to me also only has self serve regs meaning, supposedly, more staff on the floor.
New Masters not far from me opened before xmas all smiling and happy to serve. Now a new Bunnings also opened and same thing. But Bunnings are sticking with manned regs which surprised me.
I am in retail and on the Gold Coast, we have stores in Southport and Sufferers Paradise and with the light rail going right past both our stores holy crop are they feeling it. Shop closures all through both centres and is mainly the small businesses suffering, they can't cut wages when there is only a few ppl working there.