Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #31
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Two things I dont understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Bluetooth? Surely that would be better. And logical.

Unfortunately with common sense its not all that common.

All good, as long as the car has bluetooth, and your phone does too.

My car has a bluetooth kit, but due to an unfortunate fall into a sink, the bluetooth does not work on my phone. So, earpieces for me... And I can still hear the other traffic around me

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #32
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
As per the sites terms and conditions we should not be racist.
As such I'm going to be Car-rist.
I blame Camry's and Toyota.

Every time I encounter one I am scared to death of what unpredictable thing it might do, from sideswiping to lane changing without looking to entering busy traffic always causing other drivers to take evasive action. They are driven by Automotive Skills Deficiency Syndrome (ASDS) sufferers and the only predictable thing they do is drive under the speed limit.

In fact, after some research I found that Ford drivers won't fit into the Camry as the seats no longer have the option of being slide back. To cater for their customers, Toyota announce that the new range of drivers seat travel is on the steering wheel to just under the steering wheel/face on the windscreen.

As for Camry Hybrid? Well that's just a double negative isn't it?
Prius? Ecotards. I call on all the powerstroke people to roll some coal on them.
Corolla? Crossed between Camry drivers and then those who think PSP is a mode of transport. Either way, prolific phallic heads.
Yaris? Like tampons, drivers are up tight little c....s

Ban Toyota cars. 4WD's sort of OK, but at least 50% of these people would be better suited in a Camry.
I'm going to write Gladys Berijicklean on my ideas.

I agree.
I made a similar post on here few weeks ago, but I was told by multiple people I was being stupid because the car you drive does not affect the way you drive.

But anyway, I agree. Many Toyota driver are hopeless.

I drive a Toyota everyday for work. Thank God its not a Corolla or Camry.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #33
max_torq
From the Futura

guys wearing hoodies while driving freak me. stupid.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #34
ChRiDDa

Can't say much for the first, but i've intercepted a few people that wear their seatbelt UNDER their right shoulder - All that i've come across have a medical exemption for wearing it in this manner

Can be for a number of reasons such as pregnancy, stroke, obesity etc
ChRiDDa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #35
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
I am sorry but he is not the stupid one. why anyone would risk following someone through a yellow is beyond me

and as jpd80 suggested - some women find seat belts painful. I guess they are willing to risk an accident to avoid the discomfort
This a true story. Many years ago my brother had a marked police car behind him approaching a set of lights they went yellow. Not wishing to risk any undue attention he pulls up. Bingo rear ended. 1 sheepish copper emerges and apoligises. No dramas with insurance on that one.
So there you you go hulky your not the only one that anticipates what someone else is going to do.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #36
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
As per the sites terms and conditions we should not be racist.
As such I'm going to be Car-rist.
I blame Camry's and Toyota.

Every time I encounter one I am scared to death of what unpredictable thing it might do, from sideswiping to lane changing without looking to entering busy traffic always causing other drivers to take evasive action. They are driven by Automotive Skills Deficiency Syndrome (ASDS) sufferers and the only predictable thing they do is drive under the speed limit.

In fact, after some research I found that Ford drivers won't fit into the Camry as the seats no longer have the option of being slide back. To cater for their customers, Toyota announce that the new range of drivers seat travel is on the steering wheel to just under the steering wheel/face on the windscreen.

As for Camry Hybrid? Well that's just a double negative isn't it?
Prius? Ecotards. I call on all the powerstroke people to roll some coal on them.
Corolla? Crossed between Camry drivers and then those who think PSP is a mode of transport. Either way, prolific phallic heads.
Yaris? Like tampons, drivers are up tight little c....s

Ban Toyota cars. 4WD's sort of OK, but at least 50% of these people would be better suited in a Camry.
I'm going to write Gladys Berijicklean on my ideas.
Lol, I have seen enough with my own eyes to understand exactly where you are coming from. I am absolutely convinced that being a clueless, brain dead ****wit with zero driving skills is a prerequisite for owning a Toyota. Yes I know I shouldn't generalise, but the evidence speaks for itself.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I had a guy yesterday driving in front of me. the lights turn orange and both of us could cruise through no probs but the last possible second he reefs on the brakes hard. Absolutely stupid. I was an inch from plowing into the back of him.

I know its a stereotype of this nationality but it held true yesterday with regard to their driving.
You must have been following too close if it was that extreme.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post