Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #31
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanp100
Speaking from experience in meat import matters, this sort of proposed import happens an awful lot. A country puts pressure on a govt asking for an import protocol to allow free trade for something they want to sell. Our risk assessment guys look at it and say" Yes you can bring it in providing you provide enough documentation. This documentation usually needs to be endorsed by the exporting country authorities. We may ask for the meat to be certified that there have been no cases of BSE in the UK for 10 years prior to export. No UK vet will certify to it, so it never happens. However we have done our part by offering an import protocol. The same thing happened a few years ago with Thailand chicken. AQIS asked that it was certified to be cooked until it was charcoal. Exporter said"We can't do that, it will be ruined. AQIS says" Sorry we tried to help you. When you can make it charcoal we will talk. Same thing for bananas etc. I wouldn't be worried about it. The risk assessment team are not idiots. I know some of them and they are good old school, very experienced vets.

being a butcher and worked in plenty of export boning and slaughter floors of the abs i no wat its like, with any luck aqis will take a good look at it and go this is Sh## beef and send it back, i do it all the time im butcher shops funny as ****ing off the whole salers

ud be susprised wat doesnt make it off a kill floor and into a boning room

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
mick457 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #32
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
We are also unlikely to have the quarantine measures in place to detect a diseased carcass ( japan checks every single carcass), all this on top of our inadequate labling laws which means your next meat pie could say made in australia, yet contains contaminated meat from Canada or the us.
Yeah but Meat pies only have to contain 25% 'meat' which can be anything from Camel to Chicken.
And the National Farmers Federation don't seem to concerned about importing foreign meat.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #33
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

^You need a Parker's Pie.

Or Jesters. Whatever happened to Jester's? I loved their jaffle pies.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #34
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

If this in any way causes our outgoing meat to be deemed less safe, or not up to the standard it is now it will be a disgrace.

Aussie beef is known the world over as being some of the best in the world. Go to any overseas supermarket / restaurant etc and the majority of them will have 'Australian Beef' for sale at a premium to the locally sourced beef.

Camel isn't too bad by the way ;)
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post