Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #31
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: club rego any dramas funny stories

in victoria yes, and i believe everywhere else with a log book that is the case too
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #32
M-Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR2DOOR
so with the log book u can go where ever u want just days are limited ???
Yeah mate that’s right “Anywhere Anytime”. Just limited to the amount of days you can drive.
QLD has the limit of 15klms of where you garage your drive, Club Runs and repairs only.

A lot of us don’t drive our cars often enough to have 90 or 120 days impact so you can go to the next town, 5 towns down the road, go wherever you like just don’t go driving more than the limit for the year. (Oh what a feeling that would be)
M-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #33
M-Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it is great for many people. it doesn't suit everyone - i did not see a benefit to myself until the log book came in. while many agree with me, there were still a lot of people who took advantage of it under the old system in vic
I’m sorry but I just don’t understand why some believe that it is good in QLD.

If you could explain your reasons to me I may just understand.

Oh, and by the way, I’m talking about doing it all by the law too i.e. 15klms from home / garage.

If you believe what people are saying about doing the drives on the sneaky with personalized plates, well it can’t be working then!
I really do hope that myself and my family are never involved in an accident with some-one doing the “sneaky drive”.
Old 26-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #34
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Dog
I’m sorry but I just don’t understand why some believe that it is good in QLD.

If you could explain your reasons to me I may just understand.

Oh, and by the way, I’m talking about doing it all by the law too i.e. 15klms from home / garage.

If you believe what people are saying about doing the drives on the sneaky with personalized plates, well it can’t be working then!
I really do hope that myself and my family are never involved in an accident with some-one doing the “sneaky drive”.
as i previously posted, the old rules in victoria (and what i believe to be the current rules in queensland) were not that great for me. however there were numerous members from the coupe and cobra clubs that used the club permit scheme. they were more than happy to use the car for red plate events and their everyday car for everyday use. maybe your own situation does not work with club permits, but there are many people (in queensland and around australia) where the permit scheme works/worked very well for
Old 26-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #35
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the logbook system sounds heaps better,say if u wanted to go the beach with the family or a picnic or grandmas for christmas lunch.theres no way id use up the 90days ,just the freedom of getting in it when u want drop in and see some mates ,all of these things are gunna be illegal if i do them in qld
XR2DOOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #36
gtxb67

Quote:
the logbook system sounds heaps better,say if u wanted to go the beach with the family or a picnic or grandmas for christmas lunch.theres no way id use up the 90days ,just the freedom of getting in it when u want drop in and see some mates ,all of these things are gunna be illegal if i do them in qld
the log book system is great. as i posted earlier, i was not interested in the club permit before hand, however you may be able to get benefits from it. many use it, so it must work even with the rules qld currently has
Old 26-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #37
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
Hey Greg what to you drive? As I go down munchies every now and then. I used to see an orange FPV with number plates similar to your user name getting around Ippy way.
Not me . Rarely get out anywhere lately . Must get over to Munchies sometime, looks like a good venue
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #38
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaust
Not me . Rarely get out anywhere lately . Must get over to Munchies sometime, looks like a good venue
if i get some plates onit this week ,ill prob check out munchies fri nite
Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #39
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok so i got my club rego and the missus says ill get u some personalised plates for xmas,great thanks so i enquire at transport dept and get the big NO u cant put them on club rego cars ,i thought wtf
Old 04-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #40
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its seems i should of got pernonalised plates b4 club rego ,but would of had to fully rego it ???then changed them over ,whats the difference between putting them on now or already having them ,not happy !!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #41
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Never heard that one ????
Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #42
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaust
Never heard that one ????
seems a bit strange ,ill try a different trans dept prob get a different answer
Old 05-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #43
NET351
'69 XW

Quote:
its seems i should of got pernonalised plates b4 club rego ,but would of had to fully rego it ???then changed them over ,whats the difference between putting them on now or already having them ,not happy !!!!
Yes, there are new rules regarding club rego & personalized plates. Of course they don't make sense- just make life difficult as usual. Good luck with it.
NET351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #44
M-Dog

Quote:
ok so i got my club rego and the missus says ill get u some personalised plates for xmas,great thanks so i enquire at transport dept and get the big NO u cant put them on club rego cars ,i thought wtf

This is a quote out of the QLD Special Interest Vehicle Scheme (Club Rego) 10mins ago. Page 4/4

"Registered operators with previously issued ‘square’ motor vehicle plates as shown above may continue to use them. However, should these plates be cancelled or in need of replacement, they cannot be reissued.
and now for the kicker
Another option for registered operators of a Special Interest Vehicle is to attach one of the many and varied personalised plate products such as the re-issued black and white plates"

The choice is yours.

So I don't believe there should be any problems with doing so (Merry Christmas after all . . . hopefully)
If they say no ask them to explain why it is written as such in their own bible.

Good luck and let us know how you go mate.

M.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #45
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Hahaha see what they say about that one ...
Old 06-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #46
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Unless I am misunderstanding everyone the rules in NSW must be different.

Our club is going through the whole club rego thing lately and rules as I understand are:
- Cars must be standard or only have factory options fitted so no aftermarket gear.
- You must notify the RTA and the car club when you want to drive anywhere so it is logged in your book properly. But can only go within certain distances.
- Your only allowed to take car for test runs within certain limits or directly to the servo for fuel if not being logged.
- Only real long distance driving time is when the car is properly logged in the book and with the car club for a cruise.

Hearing people talk about just going for trips down the coast and stuff seems out of the rules unless I have misunderstood like I said. Hate to be one of the poor blokes caught doing the sneaky drive as well.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #47
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
Unless I am misunderstanding everyone the rules in NSW must be different.

Our club is going through the whole club rego thing lately and rules as I understand are:
- Cars must be standard or only have factory options fitted so no aftermarket gear.
- You must notify the RTA and the car club when you want to drive anywhere so it is logged in your book properly. But can only go within certain distances.
- Your only allowed to take car for test runs within certain limits or directly to the servo for fuel if not being logged.
- Only real long distance driving time is when the car is properly logged in the book and with the car club for a cruise.

Hearing people talk about just going for trips down the coast and stuff seems out of the rules unless I have misunderstood like I said. Hate to be one of the poor blokes caught doing the sneaky drive as well.
the rules will vary from state to state - however, they are probably all similar except for 2 main points - the log book system is the first point. sa and vic have the log book - i believe the other states don't
the other main point is criteria to use the permit. sa and nsw seem to expect a standard vehicle, where vic and others allow modifications
within reason, if you are on a log book, you will have similar rules to others with a log book
if you are not on a log book, then you will have similar rules to others who are not on one