Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
Parkway
I Like Turtles

Default It seems people aren't afraid to thrash their cars...

I'm a very paranoid type. My cars aren't worth a million dollhairs but I'll be honest and say I hate to hit, say, 4k rpm because I'm always afraid of blowing every possible moving part if I do and I guess there is a possibility of doing that but I hate being this paranoid.

My mate (who drives a VT Commodore) will fang his car around every corner, take off at the lights and hit 60 in first and so on, yet his car is in perfect mechanical order; I just don't get it. I see it all the time with people and their late model SS Commodores and Falcons, even taxi drivers, maxing out their engine, yet wouldn't this bring on reliability problems? Do cars somehow become more reliable when you sit on the redline?

Do you drive like a nanna like me or do you love to hear your exhaust belch out the sound of your v8 or 6 between each gearchange. If the latter, how long did it take for your car to give up the ghost or is it yet to happen? I'd like to hear some stories.

Parkway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post