Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #31
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: SES to get 100's of Commodores to cut up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Unfortunately taking a license away doesn't stop many desperate's
Then deregister the car. Confiscate the number plate. Put hoons in jail. They could've done one or more of these things to get them off the road instead of taking their car away. I'm all for being tough on hoons, so long as it does not result in what is essentially "legalised theft".
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #32
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is possible for an unlicensed / disqualified driver to drive an unregistered car that has no number plates or plates that do not belong to the car.

I don't agree with impounding cars for minor offenses (which can happen under the current laws) but have no problem with it for serious offenses, particularly high-range drink driving and multiple drink-drive offenses.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #33
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Take their cars, massive fines mean nothing , they either dont pay them or dont care

Their car seems to be like an extension to their ***** so if they want to rip skids on the roads etc I think a ***** reduction is in order

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #34
burnz
VFII SS UTE

I think we need to define a "hoon"! not your version but police.

grandma slipping the wheels at a wet pedestrian crossing is a hoon in the eyes of the law.
your V8 sounds tuff, so your a hoon.
your car does not conform to ADR27, your a hoon.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #35
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You pull skids at the intersection your hoon.

You roll your car after pulling Hellis in the intersection then try to call a tilt tray before the police turn up then also try to tell them your girlfriend was the driver, your a ******* hoon

Old 26-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #36
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post

You roll your car after pulling Hellis in the intersection then try to call a tilt tray before the police turn up then also try to tell them your girlfriend was the driver, your a ******* hoon
that's also the police version, but so is what I posted.
Old 26-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #37
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's my version and what I witness out the front on a regular basis, and I'm sick of these *******.

The thing is the typical hoon thinks they arnt hurting anyone, they're just having a little fun.

We'll I'm here to tell you typicaly when they come unstuck (and they do) they usually take out more then their own stupid self's.

I cant speak for other cities but Sydney's well catered for, for off street drags and burnouts and there's no excuse for driving like an idiot on the street

Old 26-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #38
burnz
VFII SS UTE

your missing my point, oh well.
Old 26-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #39
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No he's not, you're missing his
can't say I've heard of any genuine losing traction on crossing type loss of cars
have you any evidence to the contrary?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #40
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
It is possible for an unlicensed / disqualified driver to drive an unregistered car that has no number plates or plates that do not belong to the car.
My solution:

First hoon offence, half of your total demerit points and $1,000 fine.

Second offence, suspend licence for three years, deregister the car they were driving at the time (with an option to substitute their own car), confiscate their number plates. If caught driving under suspension, they go straight to jail for the duration of their suspension.

Third offence, suspend licence for five years + all of the above, jail for five years (served concurrently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
Agreed. But sometimes it is accidental, especially when the roads are damp.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with XXX000 please show proof of an incident were some one who lost traction due to a wet road falling foul of the horn laws

My experience with police is they arent out to smash people with laws like this and unless your a smart **** who was driving like a hoon you have nothing to worry about

There's a massive difference between accidentally breaking traction due to road condition and ripping a skid in the wet because your cars such a dunger it can't pull one on a dry road, and every police officer / HWY patrol officer I've met knows the difference and these same officers also know the difference between a person who's lost traction and a smart **** who's kept ripping into it cause fore once he's shitters spinning the wheels and when questioned about it says nada mate it just accidentally broke traction cause my VN / EA with pod filters got so much power in the wet

High points penalties and suspending ergo does next to nothing as the 'hoon' just keeps driving regardless

Last edited by The Yeti; 27-04-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 27-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #42
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

All grasping at straws ... I just bailed my daughter out from her reckless life and incurred bills , I'm not that delusional the youth today don't take responsibility for anything they do and franklydont care , nephew on recurring license loss , impounded car twice , just drives something else .. try talking with these kids and they either abuse you start crying / blame someone else / life sucks and refuse to accept that you can tell em what to do ....Happy to be proven wrong
Old 27-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #43
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
While I do think the scheme is probably not a bad idea, although it's terrible for someone to lose their car. But I can't help but think the Minister's optimism for a continuing supply of "hoon" cars, shows that maybe the strict "hoon" laws aren't actually working by preventing the act itself.
Drive like a d$$$head on public roads endangering innocent people then they deserve to have there cars taken, don't think it's terrible at all.
Old 27-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #44
XLTDP63

would rather watch the SES cut up my car from the outside then from the drivers seat so if some idiot does enough stupid things to loose their car and to get to that point I say they deserve it.
I will add that I am 20 and yes I did do some stupid things when I got my license and it took sliding backwards towards some trees on a wet road to open my eyes up to how stupid I was and how differently it might have ended. I haven't done anything like that since and never will, not saying I don't go for a spirited drive on a sunny sunday out in the Yarra valley but there's a time and place. Almost had my license 3 years and have never been "randomly" pulled over, looking at my car no one believes me but its all about attitude behind the wheel and not giving cops a reason to.
Maybe it has to take their car being taken away and cut up or worse being cut out of it to teach people a lesson because they sure as sh wont learn any other way.
XLTDP63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #45
noddy383

I love the idea of the SES getting cars that have been permanently confiscated by the government for training.
For me, hooning is a purposeful, deliberate practice that presents a very real risk for serious consequences for the driver and (possibly more importantly) other people. Despite my love of cars and what they can do, I have no respect for people who put other people in danger.
The idea of a little old lady getting her car crushed for accidentally spinning the tyres a little pulling away at the lights on a wet road is absurd, as in Victoria at least, the loss of traction must be deliberate. As for speeding, if you're more than 45km/h over the limit, odds are you decided to speed, or something has gone horribly wrong (like the Toyota accelerator recalls).

For me, hooning is a deliberate behaviour, not the state of your car, that's for defect laws.

My figuring is that if you decided to do the crime, you accept that you may have to do the time. I tell one 18yo who has come close to losing his licence once already that if the cops don't have a reason to pull him over, they probably won't. They've only pulled me over once, but they were pulling over everyone (quiet road at 2am).
noddy383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #46
Falcman0o7
Banned

Oh how I would love the honour of flicking the switch with 100's of commodores LOL
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post