Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #31
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Default Re: What is this offence called? In WA anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
So you take your keys and lock the car when you pay for petrol then?
UH..yes mate. I can't believe anybody not doing it?
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
Old 23-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #32
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
I always lock mine especially if it's not within my view, unless of course I have a passenger sitting in the car waiting, even then I usually remove the keys from the ignition, nowadays you just never know who's lurking around the corner watching your every move
Yes i lock my wife in the car when I get out to pay for fuel or quickly run in to a shop. I don't want anyone jumping in the car while she's in there.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
Old 23-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #33
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
So you take your keys and lock the car when you pay for petrol then?
always failing to do so is asking for your car to be stolen. if your car is stolen with the keys in it you can forget your insurance

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 23-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #34
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

I think you would find that there is lope holes that they could still get you for not locking your car at home.

Being that you can get done for drunking in charge of motor vehicle by simply having the keys in the car while you are near the car on your own property.
Old 23-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #35
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

It is called idiocy, and not on the behalf of the citizenry but our legislature/police force.

Thugs should be in the wrong, not law abiding citizens. If I leave my keys in my car, however careless it may be, it should not be a crime. I have not stolen anything, I have been stolen FROM.
Old 23-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool
It is called idiocy, and not on the behalf of the citizenry but our legislature/police force.

Thugs should be in the wrong, not law abiding citizens. If I leave my keys in my car, however careless it may be, it should not be a crime. I have not stolen anything, I have been stolen FROM.
you could also view it that police could be better spending their time protecting the public than looking for stolen cars because the owner was to lazy to pull the keys out.
Old 23-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #37
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

but when your car is stolen you will scream about it and wast police resources. it is illegal so people don't cause this wast of police time. might be simpler to make it legal to take a car if someone leaves the keys in it that would save police time and teach people to take their keys with them
Quote:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 23-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #38
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
you could also view it that police could be better spending their time protecting the public than looking for stolen cars because the owner was to lazy to pull the keys out.
It shouldn't legally be on the individual to lock his doors and keep everything secure. It should be on the thug to not steal.

Locking your doors is a voluntary preventative measure that the individual makes depending on the level of trust in the community.

The same situation could be said of women wearing revealing clothes and rape. Should it be on the individual that doesn't instigate force to be charged?

We're wrong in the head as a society.
Old 23-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #39
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
but when your car is stolen you will scream about it and wast police resources. it is illegal so people don't cause this wast of police time. might be simpler to make it legal to take a car if someone leaves the keys in it that would save police time and teach people to take their keys with them
It still doesn't need to be a law. An advertising campaign regarding the dangers of leaving the keys in your vehicle would be sufficient. You are punishing the victim.

You can't force people to be good by using the government. I think we've seen that with the hoon legislation.
Old 23-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #40
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: What is this offence called? In WA anyway.

Mods feel free to close.
Not getting the info I was after and it's going off track pretty quick.

Thanks

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
Old 24-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #41
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6
Mods feel free to close.
Not getting the info I was after and it's going off track pretty quick.
I think you got your answer on page one, in the first couple of replies.

Quote:
You can't force people to be good by using the government. I think we've seen that with the hoon legislation.
sadly you are right, people seem to be using legislation/laws for every tiny thing nowadays, even things that were perfectly legal and acceptable only a few years ago.

Last edited by flappist; 24-11-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Keep it civil
Old 24-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #42
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Closed at request of OP
Closed Thread