Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #31
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: Heathcote Raceway Deadly Crash - let's play blame some one else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
I think this answers your question, I took this from the first post, likely you didn't read this bit
i read it, did you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by from first post
Mr Kondo then started test runs of the car, building up speed under the guidance of Mr Clarke. After a the fifth or sixth run Mr Kondo noticed the vehicle was vibrating. There were also problems with cracking on the car’s wings and a braking parachute deploying early.
i assume that mr kondo could not tell the court this because he was deceased at the time of the court hearing
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
no one has lumped the blame on the previous owner. they are laying some blame on them. the driver was most at fault, but others could have done something to stop it from happening

this is intersting though

when troy critchley drives a drag car with no safety barriers he is hardly to blame for his stupidity. but when a no name wannabee driver performs a similar act of stupidity, it is all his fault
Where did you dig that up from?

They were totally different incidents. Troy Critchleys car did not have any mechanical problems he should have been aware of. His car was safe, but he screwed up and lost control. He'd probably done the same thing 100 times and never had an issue so assumed it would be ok. The other driver was in-experienced and should have known the mechanical issues he felt could be dangerous and should be checked over.

Troy did what he was asked to do for charity I think, yes maybe he should have insisted on barriers to protect the crowd but thats the job of organisers to implement, he was just the guy who was asked to drive, not organise the event. But I can see a bit of parellel, but the jet car driver should have used some common sense, Troy was just guilty of complacency in thinking something he'd done 100 times before couldn't ever go wrong.

2 totally different situations. I'm sure if Troy noticed his car had some issues he would have pulled the pin, experienced drag racers like him wouldn't be so stupid as to drive a car that was obviously showing signs of mechanical issues. They pull the pin if they notice an issue.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #33
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

there was an issue - no safety barriers
that is a major issue, because it endangered other lives

both drivers were stupid and were mainly responsible for the accident they were involved in. however, others should have been smarter in both situations. if those people were smarter, then the stupid driver would not have been in the situation they ended up in
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #34
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughts
So, who checks the wheel bearings when you buy a new car??? Or a second hand one for that matter.
road car- prob not . Purpose built race car that goes over 300k/ph- anyone with more than 2 brain cells and a basic survival instinct. As said before all involved in this incident are partially at fault. Without knowing the deceaseds
history with racing vehicles it is impossible to know if he had any idea what is "normal" in a car of this type. My kids car would only get to 70mph on the track but I checked it front to back every time we went to a race meeting just to be sure.