Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #31
Spaniard

The guy blocks comments on the Ford article but allows them on the Holden article? Honestly, what a clown! Good comments posted on the Holden article though :hihi:
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #32
greens_tuf

The paper that this guys articles, and the "Ask Smithy" page are printed on is not even worth wiping my **** with...

What a load of garbage, they should change the "Ask Smithy" section to "Ford Complaints by Holden marketing" honestly the amount of Ford complaints that he publishes is like Holden gets their employees to make up stuff and send it in... that and the odd old bastard asking how much his 6cyl HK or whatever is worth.

A few weeks back it was like a page all on Ford faults, one half on paint defects, and the other half on brake hoses...week after week it is the same crap.
greens_tuf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #33
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I had a read of this article by Gover, I usually take most of what is said with a grain of salt and am pretty impartial but this one was so biased and really dug into Ford. It was totally unjustified. Underneath he was praising Holden for doing a similar thing.
Journos like this should not be allowed to report such rubbish. His obvious dislike for anything with the blue oval is on the verge of sickening.

Paul, stop it, you're making yourself look like an even bigger fool than you are, your comments are childish and show so much bias. Your articles are not journalism but a blog.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

For the life of me I can't understand why Ford's corporate lawyers haven't started to take notice of this crap.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #35
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
For the life of me I can't understand why Ford's corporate lawyers haven't started to take notice of this crap.
Probably because to acknowledge it/him would be to say you give them/him some kind of credibility....
Most sports people ignore bad reviews for the same reason...

Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #36
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Probably because to acknowledge it/him would be to say you give them/him some kind of credibility....
Most sports people ignore bad reviews for the same reason...
Well then the least they could do is make some kind of statement or media release about it. "Taking it on the chin" time after time gets a bit old after a while, there comes a time where you've got to stand up for yourself.

Of course, one of the things Ford could do is suspend advertising with those publications that publish Gover's crap. That and 'un-invite' him to press/new car launches.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well then the least they could do is make some kind of statement or media release about it. "Taking it on the chin" time after time gets a bit old after a while, there comes a time where you've got to stand up for yourself.

Of course, one of the things Ford could do is suspend advertising with those publications that publish Gover's crap. That and 'un-invite' him to press/new car launches.
Yeah but that's childish and petty... think of it this way, why bother even acknowledging this kind of journalism if you don't believe it or don't give it credibility???
Ford are taking the "high ground" by just ignoring it, it is after all just an opinion....

Old 05-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #38
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

Gover is a complete moron, and he is all too used to "taking it on the chin.... the back, the belly and more".

Seriously though, this idiot has form and should not be put in front of dangerous instruments like typewriters and keyboards; definitely not the interweb.

Send complaints to the editor, not to the complete idiot gover.

Simply put though, Holden advertise big with fairfax and therefore it is in their best interest to see holden continue to be viable. I believe it is called cheque book journalism.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #39
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Yeah but that's childish and petty... think of it this way, why bother even acknowledging this kind of journalism if you don't believe it or don't give it credibility???
Ford are taking the "high ground" by just ignoring it, it is after all just an opinion....
I guess so, but...grrrr.

I do wonder what will be the straw that breaks the camel's back though.

For Holden it was Clive Mathew-Wilson
Old 05-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #40
winkle

Gover, Smithy and the Herald Sun need to be careful. I put the blame for the demise of Mitsubishi's manufacturing in Australia squarely at the feet of the Australian media. The media continually expressed doubt about the future of the company, thereby killing sales of the Mitsubishi 380 (by most reports a very good car), which in turn hastened their demise. Hopefully Ford's customer base is more loyal and won't be swayed by the crap that is published week in week out.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #41
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle
Gover, Smithy and the Herald Sun need to be careful. I put the blame for the demise of Mitsubishi's manufacturing in Australia squarely at the feet of the Australian media. The media continually expressed doubt about the future of the company, thereby killing sales of the Mitsubishi 380 (by most reports a very good car), which in turn hastened their demise. Hopefully Ford's customer base is more loyal and won't be swayed by the crap that is published week in week out.

Good point. The media in this country have far too much power and it is evident everywhere.
The very fact that people receive favourable comments for revenue is dispicable. I think that the media such as Carsguide should actually disclose their commercial links to any brand they endorse such as Holden, to weed out the puffery from the facts.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #42
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Good point. The media in this country have far too much power and it is evident everywhere.
The very fact that people receive favourable comments for revenue is dispicable. I think that the media such as Carsguide should actually disclose their commercial links to any brand they endorse such as Holden, to weed out the puffery from the facts.
Its not really the media that has power, its the people who "empower" them... If you believe and act on everything written in the media you are giving the media "power", if you make you own mind up, ignore bad press and "row your own boat" you take their power away...
Democracy and freedom of speech is a fantastic part of our way of life, but people need to act "democratic" and not be sheep and blinded by the media too....

Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #43
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Unfortunately there are many who dont have mental filters on what they read...

Ask all the pensioners cowering in their homes for fear of contracting swine flu if they walk out the door. Im surprised Gover didnt climb on that one and find a pro-Holden angle to the story (perhaps a rant on the superior quality of the VE's pollen filters to stop those pesky airborne H1N1 bugs in their tracks)....

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #44
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle

Ford are selling more private sales so the news isn't doing to much damage. The FG's seems to be put together quite well and minimal issues. So hopefully it gives the owner a good experience and then they would buy a another Ford.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #45
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've officially unsubscribed from Carsguide and refuse to use their site for anything.

If we all do the same and encourage others to do so, maybe they will get the picture.

"e-boner" - love it !!!
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #46
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Its not really the media that has power, its the people who "empower" them... If you believe and act on everything written in the media you are giving the media "power", if you make you own mind up, ignore bad press and "row your own boat" you take their power away...
Democracy and freedom of speech is a fantastic part of our way of life, but people need to act "democratic" and not be sheep and blinded by the media too....

In general the media does possess great power. They decide what news we are to hear. They decide how they are going to tell a story and in which light to portray the news. The problem lies with Joe Sixpack who can't decipher truth from spin. That's what I was getting at. Think of one of the reasons that Holden is so popular. Do you think it's because it is a superior product?
No, Holden tell the media and the media tell the faithful. Just look at the disparity between the VE and FG launches.
The VE launch did not answer questions about consumption and the media left it and gave adoring praise. They even went on to make a stupid Billion Dollar Bogan special on channel 9. For the FG, all the media portrayed it as possibly the last ever falcon and "ford will not survive" propaganda. No, again I think the media has far too much power.

Quote: