Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
reinman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Haha ah au3 u just made me laugh the law is the black and white life isn't having done security for 5 years I can tell u only scumbags are looked after victims Always get shafted it's a ****** system and it needs to change
Was that security or police? I'm guessing security, because any good police officer will know that the law isn't black and white - there is legislation - case law (outcomes from previous cases) - common law principles. That all have to be interpreted by a judge/ magistrate (a highly skilled profession after you become a lawyer) before any decision is made. It's a grey area - a very big grey area.

Reinmans BF MKII XR6 Sedan
- SOLD

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11403549

reinman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #32
Spurious

Default Re: what have criminals done to you?

Crim's have simply made me distrust everyone!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #33
jawmalawm23

My brothers place got broken into and his Xbox 360 and a few games got stolen. His kids were shook so he rang the police but they did nothing. So he told one of his mates to look out for any Xbox 360s going around and 2 days later my brother got his Xbox 360 back and the thieves Xbox 360, cheeky little thieves already had one. they were 10-14 year olds and they got a good hiding too.

So it was a good ending and the bro got his stuff back but my nieces didnt feel safe when it happened and thats what really made us angry. We were lucky the bro got his stuff back but lot of the time people dont and the thieves get away with it
jawmalawm23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #34
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I've been lucky, so to speak. Shed got broken into only once. The bastard's took the lot. All my deceased Dad's tools, my tools, my motorbike, bbq and too other many stuff too list. They had plenty of time. I was attending a funeral in Canberra at the time. Couldn't figure how they got so much stuff.

They tried a break in at my house (seperate to the shed) but failed. There's nothing at my house that would be of any interest of anyone. My house is very securely barred anyway. I live in what used to be a rough area, lower area of Bracken Ridge housing commission where I live now. But the neighbours I have are sweet. We all look out for each other.

Edit: Not knocking people in housing commision eithier! Did not mean to offend you.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #35
BHDOGS
Banned

Au3 I've been in lots of fights and had to beat a few people into submission but that's the choice they made they left no other option sometimes force is the only option left and we have to enforce that how we see it at the time sure we can be judged by a jury of our peers when we get to court that's life. It reminds me if a story not to long ago about a security guard in rundle mall he had caught a fellow for shop lifting the fellow said to him Let me go or I'll stab u I have a knife in my pocket the security guy said no the fellow then reached Into his pocket the guard proceeded to punch him right in the face before he got his hand out of his pocket and broke his jaw it turns out there was no knife but if there was? The guard is now being charged with assault could lose his licence And livley hood. Is that fair that's up to people to decide he should of let him go first time? If he does what's the point of him even having a job if he can't catch criminals? Some guards actually do wanna make
A diffence Instead of just being portable Mobile phones. I've found two dead bodys one overdose one murdered been threatened with syringes knifes bottles had my head smashed into a wall and to many fights to count but ive also Saved 3 people's lives with CPR helped hundreds of old people in diffrent ways returned alot of lost property dealt With alot of domestic violence incidences in public knock A few blokes Becoz Of it to I was prepared to lose my job for that issue it was always personal. Testified in court for a man who robbed a lady at knife point and stole her car to put him At the scene. But your right were all just big boof head bouncers who provide no community services wannabe cops I've heard all the Insults and in the end I always did right even when it was wrong or against the law Becoz the law is broken and needs to be fixed.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #36
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
in the end I always did right even when it was wrong or against the law Becoz the law is broken and needs to be fixed.
so you are judge jury and executioner? what gives you that right? how arrogant to assume that stance, you are a thug just like the ones you take on you just try to hide behind the company you work for, a licence and a uniform.
It's scary that people in your job have this attitude

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #37
BHDOGS
Banned

If life worked ur way nothing would get done I dont blame u tho u don't know better so it's hard to judge but if u actually sat down and talked it through with actually security or police ud realize the accuracy of my words
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #38
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
It's Joe average acting like this that's part of the problem. just because someone else is criminal scum it does not give you the right to be a bigger low life.
who are you to be judge jury and executioner? you are no better than the scum you are morally outraged about and with that attitude it's only a matter of time before you are behind bars for beating someone who you have deemed bad.
No you lose.

If someone wants to come the raw prawn, you just smash them directly as it's the only way some learn, as they are too stupid to be dealt with any other way. i was not talking about dope but dangerous drugs that kill etc. it's just not good enought for only the cops to have to deal with it all. i should not have to put up with people like that at all.

I had a foolish mate that went into all that selling and doing drug rubbish, he should of been smashed directly at the beginning. he moved to Sydney and came back to QLD on the mental pension for the rest of his life and when i said i did not approve of what he did, he said he was helping people !

No mate i have the right to deal with people who are willingly trying to destroy our nations people.
If there were more people that would only just stand up to low life, the world would be a lot better place.
Wimps don't win wars so if people are serious you have to deal with it.
There is no hope dealing with low life any other way. you know why ? because they see weakness they will take full advantage every time.
I did not come down in the last shower, i have seen it all. i am no new age Politically Correct day dreamer trying to win approval in the big bro house so as to win the approval from some dim wits.
Don't you get it ? we are losing ? look around you and wake up.
Go have a good talk to the cops and ask them are you winning.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #39
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate knocked some dude out for pinching $2

matter of principle

still lol about it
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #40
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with you castellan. The pathetic community service sentences handed out every day to violent repeat offenders is mind boggling in its ineffectiveness. Problem is a lot of the public have been dumbed down by bleeding hearts and civil libertarian dimwits who've never encountered really bad dudes. Reading their whimpering politically correct drivel in the press makes me mad and I often wonder what their reaction would be if their mother was bashed by one or more of the mindless swill who inhabit the criminal element.
Keep up your beliefs ... bash the crap ... it's the only message they interpret.
And for the flamers ... get a life ... go to the Cross in Sydney or Orchid Avenue Gold Coast one night at 3.00 am and see what really goes on.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #41
MrXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Fair point. I hadn't thought of that.

I just get frustrated hearing about homeowners being prosecuted trying to defend their property.
The law says that you can use what ever force you FEEL is necessary at the time of the break in. If there is 1 and he is armed you can go to town on him. The catch is if he is running away you can not Chase him. You are strictly defending your self and family. That's the law in NSW and I've seen it 1st hand.
When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
MrXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #42
adz193
EL XR6

I had my bag stolen from a local swimming hole (blue lake) when I was 14. The only valuable in it was a prepaid phone, the rest was just clothes. That's about it for me, touchwood nothing else happens now!

Navy 97' EL XR8
Factory manual | Tickford kit | Pacemakers + Full exhaust
adz193 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #43
XR27
Tickford XR8
Donating Member1

15 years ago, we were broken into on New Year's Eve, they must of been there for a hour or so as they had a few of my beers, went through everything we owned even tried on our my cloths and took some, took about a third of our things, even cleaned out the leg of lamb in the freezer and all our xmas gifts:(( we were devastated, cop were useless!!, ended up moving out a year later, best thing we did.
I hate people who steel stuff!!!!
XR27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #44
MrXR8

Had some clowns break into my separate garage in thirlmere and they were tearing colour bond sheets to get in. Rang the cops and was told that they would be there in about 40 mins. So I went outside. Long story short they left behind a toolkit and took nothing. Ha ha
When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
Old 12-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #45
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad the question is what have criminals done to you...

and not for you!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #46
MrXR8

Yeah well I had to re build the colourbond wall. They touched my xc falcon that I was restoring... How dare they. And they left a tool kit and some tears of shirt behind when they scaled the barbed wire fence.

Eric Bana
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #47
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I'm with you castellan. The pathetic community service sentences handed out every day to violent repeat offenders is mind boggling in its ineffectiveness. Problem is a lot of the public have been dumbed down by bleeding hearts and civil libertarian dimwits who've never encountered really bad dudes. Reading their whimpering politically correct drivel in the press makes me mad and I often wonder what their reaction would be if their mother was bashed by one or more of the mindless swill who inhabit the criminal element.
Keep up your beliefs ... bash the crap ... it's the only message they interpret.
And for the flamers ... get a life ... go to the Cross in Sydney or Orchid Avenue Gold Coast one night at 3.00 am and see what really goes on.
I once lived on the Gold Coast for 10 years from 1987 it was great back then and never had to fight anyone, not one, everyone was great and i loved it. but now it's a dump full of ratbags.
I feel sorry for our good cops nowadays as it's so disheartning to see the law let true full on criminals of the hook day in day out.
You are totaly correct about the public and all, they are off with the pixies.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #48
vdo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Consistently offers competent electrical and technical advice regarding Ford electrics, especially instrument clusters. He's retired but offers his services for repairs for next to nothing. 

Went to a swap meet about 5 years ago and parked my immaculate original XB Fairmont hardtop, white with black interior, 6 cylinder T-bar auto with under dash air cond. Returned to my car about one and a half hours later... GONE. The cops hardly gave a ****** and I had to ask around to bum a ride home. My XB was never seen again... no insurance. It still hurts very badly... scumbags.
vdo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #49
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

best incident in australia for me was a guy that flaged me down next to his craped out camira on the old pacific hwy at brooklyn.
as i got to him I could see he was a junkie with a junkie mouri and some junkie chick still sitting in the car.
Said his car broke down and could i help him organise a tow - I said just use the call box on the road and he said he couldnt because he didnt have a licence (red flag). This went on for a while and he kept playing with the bottom front of his tshirt. Eventually it lifted a little bit and I saw a pistol in his shorts...... "Sorry mate, I have to go, seeya"

called the cops but never heard anything back

Also had a cop come up and say i should wind my windows up when i park the car so nothing gets stolen.
I said jokingly that I dont mind if they risk their life for some console change - he laughed , patted me on the back and walked off.
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #50
fordfreak1

been robbed 4 times so far (4 different houses)

numerous of my tools nicked from building sites

mums car broken in to

dads car broken into numerous times (almost monthly) to steal the whole thing, even stole his plates recently.

you could say my patience has run out
Old 15-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #51
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Wouldn't condone castle doctrine here. Met a bloke from the US who executed ... yes.... executed with a shotgun... two thieves in the kitchen after they had given themselves up. Then he called the coroner to pick up the bodies...

His argument was "if you come into my home uninvited, and had the means to do harm, you made your choice... you're not leaving alive"

Scary scary people in the world...
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #52
Thornie
Off smelting

I've been pretty lucky so far (touch wood) I usually pick pretty decent areas, owned a house between to slummy areas but i think my two dogs kept the filth at bay would proberly be a different story now as the area's got worse since i lived there.
Old 15-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #53
Ansith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got robbed in '04, was a rental place in a complex of 35 houses. Ours was the only one without security screens on the rear of the house and we happened to be in the far corner over the fence from two giant fields.

Took a lot of jewelry, one which was pretty important to me. My Grandpa had died a few months earlier and had left a unique ring that he'd had most of his life for me when I turned 18. Didn't know that until recently either.

Oh yeah, they stole a 2L bottle of Coke, some Doritos, and my Bike. So I provided the guy with lunch and a getaway vehicle.

I did find it funny that the glass guy came, replaced the window that was broken and was gone before the cops arrived (and yes, I understand that the matter wasn't exactly urgent.)
Ansith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #54
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansith View Post
Oh yeah, they stole a 2L bottle of Coke, some Doritos,
Obviously had the munchies.

I've had one car broken into. Once car beaten to a pulp at the train station. Once car stolen (and recovered).
Old 16-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #55
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak1 View Post
been robbed 4 times so far (4 different houses)

numerous of my tools nicked from building sites

mums car broken in to

dads car broken into numerous times (almost monthly) to steal the whole thing, even stole his plates recently.

you could say my patience has run out
Jehova's Witness knock on fordfreak1's door and next second he's out there with a bat swinging
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #56
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stealing stuff from my car. Felt ****...shaken.

That's why I will not park in St Kilda again.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #57
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kids bmx stolen from outdoor area got a better one with insurance and won one 3 months later.
Young thugs stealing stuff from our yard nearly caught them Police did them over a few times and they moved.
Radar detector stolen from car back in 1991 young islander guy who did it laughed at me in mall a few weeks later all his friends ran away and he went very pale had lots of run ins with him he was supposed to be a martial artist.
Moron damaging peoples Christmas lights ran through my yard at 4am while I was meditating grabbed him still in a trance when neighbours dog caught up to him.
Knife pulled on me when I was 16 it was very blunt took it of him and threw it down drain and he started crying.
Three kids about 15 from Palm Island tried to mug me at 11pm while out riding to lose weight when I was 118kg . They ran away mugged a 73 year old a week later and one of them got kicked in the groin and rolled on the ground crying, should never pick on am old Welshman although they did beat him with branches because he was afraid he would be in trouble for kicking the young fella and stopped defending himself.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #58
superyob
Banned

Normalised deviancy, introduced a carbon tax, dispensed with any need for personal responsibility and replaced it with 'rights', pathologised bad behaviour, encouraged a sense of entitlement, done away with any need for respect, promoted individual 'rights' over that of the community, supported the lazy and hopeless to languish (or thrive) on the fruits of other's labours, actively made war on the traditional family unit, made me pay for the choices other people make, encouraged idiots to breed, turned society into a scale of 'equalities' rather than merit... these are the real crims...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #59
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dude jumps fence armed with axe

breaks both ankles upon landing

whilst waiting for police / ambo

headbutts concrete
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #60
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only time was when I was a seven year old kid in browns plains QLD. Neighbours druggie son who just got out of jail broke into our house through the kitchen window. Parents at work and I was on my way home from primary school. The neighbour over the back was doing her dishes and saw the whole thing. She called the cops. Five minutes later I got home with cop cars barricading the street. After about an hour he gave up. When we got inside we found a knife behind my sisters bedroom door along with some loose change. I was pretty lucky I guess. If the neighbour hadn't spotted him I would have walked in on him five minutes later.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: