Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: order Falcon Gli get a Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
That doesnt make sense, the BA didn't come out until 2002, 4 years and three models after your fairlane.
There was no such thing as BA parts when the NL was in production.

Unless he meant AU, which was introduced the same year, which would be nothing out of the ordinary as Ford start fitting some parts from the next model into the previous one.

For example, FG's have been fitted with the different FG II/SZ Territory air con bracket for the past 2 months.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #32
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
ford still did weid stuff in the late 90's my 1998 nl failane v8 one of the last ones built has a ba fuel pump factory fitted! i know this because i had to get the local ford dealer to change it as the nl one didn't fit and you need a special tool for the ba one!!!!!
umm ok? unless a phillips head screwdriver or small flatblade is classified as a 'special tool', i've no idea what you are on about... Changed my fuel pump last week with these 2 very special tools .
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #33
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember the news report when they shut down the old rear-wheel-drive Holden Gemini assembly plant in, I think, Brisbane. As the employees were leaving, the news showed hundreds of Geminis rolling out the gate from the parking lot, all employees cars...two door coupes, vans, sedans, the lot.
I couldn't help but wonder how much better than average those cars would have been screwed together because they'd know that "This one is Bills car...make sure you do it right...pass it on"...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #34
cm335

my dad worked on the trim line at ford for 37 years. he would come across gli's with ghia front seats and they would continue puting in the standard rears. normal cloth... he reckons it would be returned to normal on the final line.
cm335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #35
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok everyone my fuel pump was not au and could not be changed with a screwdriver.it had a type of clamp requiring a special tool (the name of which i cant remember)they had to order the pump in as the nl one didnt fit i had to take the car to them for them to identify it as they could not work out what i was on about over the phone.they said they had never come across this before and yes i do know how to change a fuel pump i have worked on cars and bikes all my life from 13yo eg :-40years
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #36
LTDHO
The one and only

Isn't the pump in the tank and needs the tool to undo the big ring?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #37
CODSASR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Isn't the pump in the tank and needs the tool to undo the big ring?

Yep which has been around since the tanks have been plastic so if the mechanic hadn't seen one before I wouldn't be going back to him....

Although I got the ring off with a screwdriver and hammer and as far as I know the set up hasn't changed too much

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #38
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not the rong the fuel line fittings to the pump they look similar to an earls fitting the outer part slides back then you need the correct tool to release the fitting believe me i tried everything and rang a few mates that are mechanics they told me the name of the tool i needed.thats when i drove the 13klm's to the ford dealer so they could look at it and then order the correct pump.
Old 22-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #39
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
not the rong the fuel line fittings to the pump they look similar to an earls fitting the outer part slides back then you need the correct tool to release the fitting believe me i tried everything and rang a few mates that are mechanics they told me the name of the tool i needed.thats when i drove the 13klm's to the ford dealer so they could look at it and then order the correct pump.
The slide fittings?
Same as the ones in the engine bay?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #40
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe all i know is we ordered and received the correct nl v8 pump and my nl had a later pump the ford dealer said it was from a ba ?