Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #1
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: Haunted Roads

I read somewhere years ago that the southern section of Razorback / rememberance drive at Picton is one of the most haunted roads.
I think theres a ghost of a woman on the central coast somewhere, Noraville? where many police reports have been made about the young girl hitchhiking
And motorbike riders have usually heard of the ghost rider near newcastle

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #2
slowsnake
Banned

Min-Min lights, driving from the Three Ways east to Camooweal middle of the night, they tracked me for hours, I stop, they stop, about 100 metres to my right, hours and hours of it.
Tried to take a photo but it was an inky black night and just looked like a pair of car headlights, without the glare!
Not scary but I knew what they were!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-01-2022, 04:29 AM   #3
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If people think ghosts are real why aren't there ghosts of dinosaurs or prehistoric cavemen?

What's the crossbow death of someone beside the Wakehurst Parkway got to do with ghosts anyway ?
I believe the perpetrator was caught in that instance.

Fatigue, drugs and alcohol likely play a part in these 'sightings'.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2022, 07:59 AM   #4
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
If people think ghosts are real why aren't there ghosts of dinosaurs or prehistoric cavemen?

What's the crossbow death of someone beside the Wakehurst Parkway got to do with ghosts anyway ?
I believe the perpetrator was caught in that instance.

Fatigue, drugs and alcohol likely play a part in these 'sightings'.
Maybe seeing your guardian angels!
Old 17-01-2022, 08:14 PM   #5
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
I heard this story but had to find out for myself. The locals in Picton in NSW say that there town s haunted.
There was a lady whos name is Emily Bollard and she was walking thru a tunnel late at night in 1916 and was hit by a train and killed.

The tunnel now is a walk thru tunnel but still there and i drove to Picton and had to ask a local lady who told me how to get there then she said " are you sure you want to have a look at it".

I took my camera and i did find it and its is creepy just looking at it.
The locals say Emily Bollard has been seen in the tunnel and around Picton late at night.

Drive up Argyle Street thru the main Street and on the left hand side of the road not far from the Mc Donalds is the old Maternity Hospital which is now a Private home.

Locals say a Cranky Matron haunts the halls and residents have reported hearing the sound of crying babies at night.
They say that Picton is the most Haunted town in NSW.

I also drove to Junee on day and had a look at the Monte Cristo Homestead and took about 30 Pictures in the process.
When you drive thru the gate at the Monte Cristo Homestead theres a sign saying its "The Most Haunted House in Australia.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 12:14 AM   #6
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Maybe the Loch Ness Monster is a dinosaur ghost and Bigfoot is a caveman ghost.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 09:06 PM   #7
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought the ACT had the creepiest haunted house in all of Australia sitting atop a hill

the house even has been named

its called Australian Parliament House

i hear it also has chain rattling poltergeist walking its halls

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2022, 10:39 PM   #8
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I wouldn't go near it, that's for sure... I did tell a story about it here though, from when I was a teenager. Running around on the grass up top, and being told off by the guard.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2022, 12:41 PM   #9
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Hence why I posted “spirit” level!
You’re closer than me, how ‘bout you go take the pic for authenticity purposes?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2022, 12:56 PM   #10
roKWiz
Cabover nut

actually not that difficult to do with a string line and line level or water and clear tubing.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #11
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Some spirit levels can be questionable at times depending which type you use.

Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #12
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
hes fos

simple explanation for the idiots
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2022, 01:32 PM   #13
slowsnake
Banned

Lived in a WA regional pub, oldest in town, was told it was haunted, I ended up living there for 6 months, was waiting to find a rental that allowed a cat!
I had the bar keys and awoke at 1am and wanted a snack, so the stairs were normal up to landing then up to 1st floor, so it's pitch black except for the street lights shining into the foyer through double glass doors.
I get down the first stairs to the landing, and I could feel the hairs on my arms prickle, and I heard very faint women's voices which I though were from the street, as I descended the 2nd flight the air was almost electric/static like, I get 3 steps down and the hairs on the back of my neck were really standing up as I walked between 2 non existent women having a conversation, I **** myself and kept going down, there was no one there, I ended up forgetting the snack and opened a bottle of brandy, took 3 nips to calm me down, freaked me out, I ended up going out front door in my undies and around the back to the fire exit stairs!

Asked the owner next day, she said it is/was haunted by 2 sisters, they always argued over the same man, one sister killed the other and threw her body down the well in the wine cellar, then joined a nunnery, they showed the bars CCTV footage to me, and there was a woman standing behind me, she was wagging her finger behind my back...freaked me out, had other strange occurrences happen too, and I wasn't the only one!.......creepy
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #14
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Lived in a WA regional pub, oldest in town, was told it was haunted, I ended up living there for 6 months, was waiting to find a rental that allowed a cat!
I had the bar keys and awoke at 1am and wanted a snack, so the stairs were normal up to landing then up to 1st floor, so it's pitch black except for the street lights shining into the foyer through double glass doors.
I get down the first stairs to the landing, and I could feel the hairs on my arms prickle, and I heard very faint women's voices which I though were from the street, as I descended the 2nd flight the air was almost electric/static like, I get 3 steps down and the hairs on the back of my neck were really standing up as I walked between 2 non existent women having a conversation, I **** myself and kept going down, there was no one there, I ended up forgetting the snack and opened a bottle of brandy, took 3 nips to calm me down, freaked me out, I ended up going out front door in my undies and around the back to the fire exit stairs!

Asked the owner next day, she said it is/was haunted by 2 sisters, they always argued over the same man, one sister killed the other and threw her body down the well in the wine cellar, then joined a nunnery, they showed the bars CCTV footage to me, and there was a woman standing behind me, she was wagging her finger behind my back...freaked me out, had other strange occurrences happen too, and I wasn't the only one!.......creepy
For real? Where is this footage?
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 01:15 PM   #15
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangNicko View Post
They taped over it?......a vhs system, I couldn't believe it, but they reused the same tape?....over an over, bummer eh.
Old 24-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #16
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangNicko View Post
Inside the Brandy Bottle...
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 04:02 PM   #17
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This story is a bit trippy.
Good friend of mine has had rottweiler dogs for many years.
She lives in the south of WA.
Anyway she had to have her last one put down from cancer and decided she doesn't want another one, too painful.
About 2 weeks later she was driving along a quiet back road and it was covered in fog in a farming area.
She was driving slowly allowing for the conditions when suddenly in her headlights she spotted a dark shape. She stopped and it was a young rottweiler dog wandering along the road in the middle of nowhere.
She stopped, enticed him to her car and took him home. Did all the usual checks, couldn't find an owner, checked with the local vet, drove to the farms nearby,nothing.
Years later she's still got him and he has the same markings as her last dog.
Old 23-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #18
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

The road my ex lives on is haunted by the ghosts of many men.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 04:47 PM   #19
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I get a really spooky feeling crossing the bridge over the river murray at Blanchetown ever since a 20 year old bloke died jumping from the bridge in 2016. I'm not a superstitious person but that place creeps me out.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2022, 05:45 PM   #20
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I get a really spooky feeling crossing the bridge over the river murray at Blanchetown ever since a 20 year old bloke died jumping from the bridge in 2016. I'm not a superstitious person but that place creeps me out.
My Wife works with his Mother.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 06:45 PM   #21
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
My Wife works with his Mother.
It is tragic that he lost his life. I still remember the day it happened.

I cannot imagine the grief his mother has gone through. Very sad.
Old 25-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #22
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

It's relatively easy to analyse video for manipulation - it would take a very high level of expertise and skill to hide all of the tell-tale signs of image retouching. Forensic analysis of the footage would ultimately tell the truth.
Old 25-01-2022, 10:42 AM   #23
slowsnake
Banned

How about we stay on topic, ghosts, haunted roads?......not criticism before you get me in trouble eh.......
Old 25-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #24
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I believe we are still on-topic. To reinforce that assertion, I'll mention "the road of bones"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R504_Kolyma_Highway

"The road is treated as a memorial, as the bones of the estimated 250,000-1,000,000 slave laborers and political prisoners who died while constructing it were laid beneath or around the road. As the road is built on permafrost, interment into the fabric of the road was deemed more practical than digging new holes to bury the bodies of the dead."

If there is any road on this Earth that is truly haunted, it would have to be that one.
Old 26-01-2022, 12:33 PM   #25
slowsnake
Banned

We are on topic, it's just the dribble between posts that's off topic, I dident see a ghost per se, but I walked between 2 women talking, I heard em not saw them, an old security video picked up a picture of me getting berated by an old woman, I dident know, but the video was barred off, to stop anyone tampering and stealing stock, I have no access nor did I ever see it opened, it was looped continually, and checked each morning.

The end please.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:32 AM   #26
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

My friend comes from the Republic of Dagestan. He claims he encountered ghostly spirits at the monument at Mamyev Kurgan in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) when he visited recently. I guess if any place is truly haunted, it would be that one.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:48 AM   #27
slowsnake
Banned

Do you want a fair dinkum " ghost story " a story about something so outlandish that none of you will believe it, maybe again be critical and try to put it down to drivel?

But it's quite true, as you all know I have terminal cancer, due to asbestos fibre inhalation, it's been sitting in my lung for over 20 years and visible as a tiny nodule.
I had an appointment with the Physician on 20th October 2019, it was to discuss what exactly I had growing in my chest, type and position of this small now 4mm x 5 mm tumour.
Also to discuss what to do about it?

The night before on the evening of 19th October just on dusk, I was sitting in my driveway with my cat, feeding him his favourite little biscuits, Optimal ocean flavour, I feed them one by one and he just chews em down and looks at me waiting for the next treat.
But he stopped eating, lifted his head and stared over the road to the park and lagoon, I'm talking to him telling him to eat or I go inside, it was pretty cool and breezy, but no, still kept looking over the road right on the corner, his whiskers had curled forward almost in an arc and his lip was " chattering " which he does before he pounces on his prey, can't can't see a foot in front of them, they use their whiskers to feel what is ahead.

I was looking at him and he stopped eating so I looked where he was looking, the corner of our very quiet T intersection street has a footpath on only one side of the street, it turns left toward the gutter to cross our street, it's a mini gutter ramp.

There on the corner was a 7' tall coal black cat, standing upright, it was so black it's face was featureless, it had a type of hat/ frame with a scarf over the hat piece down to its shoulders, it was wearing a 3/4 length canary yellow coat, it was the style of what Tibetan women wear, she had a book in her left paw held against it's left thigh.
The book was quite big, bigger than A4 size, it was an olive colour leather bound book, around the edge were laurel leaves embossed on the perimeter.
I was talking to her mentally, but nothing, I had one hand on my cat and it was really vibrating and shaking, I immediately thought a Tibetan Goddess of Death, she started dancing foot to foot and singing a tune of some type, I looked away for a millisecond and she was gone!
My cat went back inside and hid in the wardrobe, I knew I was getting bad news the next day from the doctor, and it was worse than I thought, they told me to come back in 9 months to see this cancers progression!!

This is a true story, and I have always seen things, including the future, she never came back, she warned me, that's all, just warned me that my treatment would be conservative or non-existent, which it was.

My beliefs are not Christian, but I follow and have done for 50years or more, Tibetan Lamism and Hinduism.

And I have absolutely no fear of death or the afterlife!

Last edited by slowsnake; 09-02-2022 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Autospell
Old 09-02-2022, 02:26 PM   #28
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Do you want a fair dinkum " ghost story " a story about something so outlandish that none of you will believe it
I wanted it and I got it. Thanks.

I feel for you with your medical conditions. My grandmother passed away shortly after I was born, due to the same cause as your illness.

<3
Old 09-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #29
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I wanted it and I got it. Thanks.

I feel for you with your medical conditions. My grandmother passed away shortly after I was born, due to the same cause as your illness.

<3
Oh don't feel sorry for me, I've had a hard but good life, this cancer don't bother me, I just get to go " home " sooner than most, but the story is true, and I am very happy just now, very peaceful and relatively pain free!
Old 09-02-2022, 02:39 PM   #30
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You saw "the cat in the hat" ???
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: