Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #31
mark300

im rather fastidious about acknowledging anyone who is polite enough on the roads these days... but it just seems its a dying fashion?

im not a fan of people playing chicken on the roads especially when they see traffic coming, even moreso when they are doing it at a set of traffic lights with a pedestrian crossing! Be sensible people, wait 2 minutes for the lights to change and cross safely.

anyone in Newcastle would be familiar with the Pacific Highway at Charlestown that goes through the centre. i think nearly every day i have someone run out on the road infront of me there!

www.bowlwithbrunswick.com
Bowl with the best
mark300 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #32
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by notice
Leaving her in the car while waiting to pay the person in front of me paid and left just before i got to the counter and this a/hole decided to get into my truck and move it, with my partner still in it
Have him charged for attempted car theft if he wants to have you charged for assault
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #33
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Quote:
and am currently entering the army in march hoping this doesn't screw everything up for me
See you there bro ;D I leave at the end of feb.

Its sad to say but the current society as a general is full of pompous/spoon fed/arrogant/stupid/disrespectful artards.

Just last night at maccas drive through, me and my mates watched a guy get out of his car, walk up to the hilux infront of him and bottle the driver in the head through his window!!! Just because this bloke was up his *** for abit on the way to maccas.

There should be mandatory mental tests done on everyone in the country
Send all the people who fail to WA

Last edited by XCwillo; 30-12-2010 at 06:13 PM.
XCwillo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #34
mark300

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
Send all the people who fail WA
or Tasmania, harder for them to get back to the mainland then!

www.bowlwithbrunswick.com
Bowl with the best
mark300 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #35
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
So you're upset a waiting customer used the empty bowser in front of you?
There's a reason most servos put "no entry" signs at one end of the pumps - the cars move along better when you don't have people reversing the wrong way in front of people about to leave. The people who usually do it are the ones at the back of the queue to begin with. They hold up the people already at the pump and the people that were next in line to use the pump.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #36
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
There's a reason most servos put "no entry" signs at one end of the pumps - the cars move along better when you don't have people reversing the wrong way in front of people about to leave. The people who usually do it are the ones at the back of the queue to begin with. They hold up the people already at the pump and the people that were next in line to use the pump.
That doesnt mean you cant reverse into the empty bay and use the vacant pump....
What if the car behind drives past the first pump in use to the vacant pump in front? Same thing....

Old 30-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #37
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Manners seem to be lost on a lot of generations. All it takes is a simple 'excuse me' if you need to get past them in the aisle, a wave when someone let's you in or a thank you at the counter. It doesn't cost anything. But I find the biggest problem is respect. It's clearly not taught in a lot of households let alone schools so I'm not surprised there's so many assholes loose.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #38
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
That doesnt mean you cant reverse into the empty bay and use the vacant pump....
What if the car behind drives past the first pump in use to the vacant pump in front? Same thing....
I was the second car at two pumps, we both finished refueling at the same time and so I let
him pay first, just as I got into the car a woman reversed into the vacant spot in front of me,
cars behind and on my right meant i was boxed in and she had just jumped the queue on a line
of five cars but I was told I was the D-head.So I had to sit in my car whilst she filled up, paid and left.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I was the second car at two pumps, we both finished refueling at the same time and so I let
him pay first, just as I got into the car a woman reversed into the vacant spot in front of me,
cars behind and on my right meant i was boxed in and she had just jumped the queue on a line
of five cars but I was told I was the D-head.So I had to sit in my car whilst she filled up, paid and left.
Jumping the cue is different to taking the next avaliable pump.. and you know that too....

Old 30-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #40
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must be something about this time of year. The following happened to me last New Years Eve. Cut & pasted from another car forum.

So, I'm at the local Woolies carpark this morning, getting a few bits & pieces for tonights celebrations.

I get what I need, pay my money & wander out to the carpark to the XR8.

I notice a guy opposite my car loading up his newish 4wd from 2 trolleys. I chuck the stuff in my car, start er up, go to put my seatbelt on & look up just in time to see one of his trolleys careering across the road straight towards the front of my car.

***** I think & theres no time to jump out to stop it, so I jump on the horn, the bloke looks up to see one of his trolleys has made a break for it, he darts across the road but its too late & it smacks into the front of my car with quite a bit of force.

Now this ****ed me off a bit but I know that **** happens. But this guy simply retrieves his trolley from the front of my car, pushes it back across to his car & continues to load the rest of his stuff without even giving me a sideways glance.

I get out expecting to see a bit of damage but bugger me, theres nothing, not even a scratch but this blokes still loading his car like nothing has happened, not even a word (dont get me wrong, I was glad there was no damage but if I hit someones car with a trolley I'd be mortified).

I say to him "Your lucky mate" his reply, "yeah sorry"

WTF!!! Am I expecting too much from people? If the roles were reversed I'd be licking his boots in apology.
But that's just me

As i said, must be the time of year.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
290GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #41
notice

thanks for all your support,

i wouldn't ever engage in any violence ( been training in kart'er for 15 years and joining the adf) but my partner was so upset when he forced her across the bench seat while yelling at her why she wasn't moving it.

being a 77 f100 steering it for her is a extremely difficult task having no family left at the the age of 21 my partner is my family. when i saw the marks on her arm
..i just lost it really if i was thinking calming and really wanted to damage him i would of pushed kicked his knee in collapsing it taking my fore arm to his jaw ( told this to the police)

but on top of all this i went with the police to make a formal apology and he wont have it the police told me that there on my side with everything thing but due to my out burst it can put me in real trouble i really don't know how the law works but its **** house
Old 30-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #42
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

While a less than ideal situation having someone jump infront of your, at the end of the day $#!t happens and stuff like this isn't worth worrying about, so many people are wound up so tight these days.

Yes Manners do seem to be dying, but that doesn't mean we should all be pigs, jump out of our car and give someone a spray for using a spare bowser.

if i let every little gripe and issue of drivers, customers, suppliers, Ect get to me everyday i'd be in a mad house.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #43
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The thing I hate the most is how the pumps have only 1 x 98 pump in each row, usually at the fist pump. Many times I've pulled up short of the pump in front if it's vacant and get out to the driver waiting behind me to tell them I need 98, so they can jump in front of me. Some people don't understand I guess that some cars use 98, so rather than have abuse hurled at me, I get the driver behind me to jump in front.

When I am filling up the bike, once I've paid I move the bike forward or between the pumps so the person behind me can fill up. People hate waiting, especially while a rider puts the helmet and gloves on.

Show a little courtesy, maybe they will return the favor oneday.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #44
burnz
VFII SS UTE

are manners the thing of past ?? well no..
forgotten maybe some times.
a simple thank you and a smile normally brings out the best in people.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #45
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Jumping the cue is different to taking the next avaliable pump.. and you know that too....
To her it was the next available pump because she drove in the other way.....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #46
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

notice,
Best ya could do , seek legal advice and get hold of the footage from the said servo

Fiery,
Ya got a good point,its very hard to put on a smiley face when the general public give ya a serve at every chance
I think the old adage
"Treat people how you want to be treated" is well long gone
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #47
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
To her it was the next available pump because she drove in the other way.....
If you read the OP nowhere does it say she cue jumped or drove in the wrong way.....

Old 30-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #48
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately a lot of servos dont have one way directions into the lines for the pumps.
But i understand where he is coming from.
It happened to me at the servo up the road a while back where the car infront finished and drove off, the next car came in from the opposite direction and i then had to reverse out which was difficult as there were cars everywhere behind me, so the next person could get in.

The person behind wouldnt have been happy as he was in a que behind me and waiting, while the guy who simply drove in after him got his fuel before the guy in line.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #49
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucool
G'day all,

While I was out today running around getting ready for the New years celebrations I decided to fill up the ute,so I patiently wait for my turn at the bowser and finally get there and start filling up,the car in front of me must have just had a top up and left leaving an empty bowser in front and you guessed it a woman thought she would drive in the other way and start filling up after a few civilised words I discovered that apparently common sense,manners,courtesy,etc. didn't apply to her.
So anyway the console operator and the three people behind me all had to wait for this imbecile to finish. I can tolerate most situations but the lack of manners I see today does get my blood up.
Any thoughts people?
^^^^
There.
Old 30-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #50
pulpist
nope!

...Don't get me started on our new breed of taxi drivers.
Old 30-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #51
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

i wouldn't ever engage in any violence ( been training in kart'er for 15 years and joining the adf) but my partner was so upset when he forced her across the bench seat while yelling at her why she wasn't moving it.

being a 77 f100 steering it for her is a extremely difficult task having no family left at the the age of 21 my partner is my family. when i saw the marks on her arm
..i just lost it really if i was thinking calming and really wanted to damage him i would of pushed kicked his knee in collapsing it taking my fore arm to his jaw ( told this to the police)

but on top of all this i went with the police to make a formal apology and he wont have it the police told me that there on my side with everything thing but due to my out burst it can put me in real trouble i really don't know how the law works but its **** house
This is not looking good for you mate, if he presses it you will probably get charged with assault, and might even be more serious if he has injuries that require medical attention or even surgery.

Unfortunatly what he did is not an excuse for assault, I would recommend getting proper legal advice asap.

PM send.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #52
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
This is not looking good for you mate, if he presses it you will probably get charged with assault, and might even be more serious if he has injuries that require medical attention or even surgery.

Unfortunatly what he did is not an excuse for assault, I would recommend getting proper legal advice asap.

PM send.
The guy jumped in his car to move it while his partner was still in the car!!
All without permission, sorry but his partner would no doubt be scared shitless and wondering what on earth is he up to.
For all she knew this guy was about to steal the F truck with her in it...
His reaction to seeing someone else in HIS car with his partner is what one would call a natural reaction....

Old 30-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #53
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile

Quote:

Well if there is a next time do it smart , we both know pain needn't leave marks although if you are trained it's a foolish move as you realise , you would have been within your rights to step back and try with a reasonable attempt to make hime stay until the police arrived , a complaint was possle as he did assualt your partner and might have a potentual charge on the car moving .
Last time one of my friends got charged for dropping a smart mouth bouncer it cost him $400.00 for three severe blow rendering him unconcious , smart mouth didn't think a short heavily built 57 year old knew how (retired biker) , good luck with it and take a breath next time
B
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #54
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
The guy jumped in his car to move it while his partner was still in the car!!
All without permission, sorry but his partner would no doubt be scared shitless and wondering what on earth is he up to.
For all she knew this guy was about to steal the F truck with her in it...
His reaction to seeing someone else in HIS car with his partner is what one would call a natural reaction....
Yes ir was a common reaction but certainbly not smart and will get you burned in this current litigious regime , remember people don't accept they do anything wrong
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #55
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@notice you said he pushed your girlfriend out of the way and there were marks on her arm.

Right there he has assaulted your girl friend have him charged with that.
And as has been said seek legal advice.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #56
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
See you there bro ;D I leave at the end of feb.

Its sad to say but the current society as a general is full of pompous/spoon fed/arrogant/stupid/disrespectful artards.

Just last night at maccas drive through, me and my mates watched a guy get out of his car, walk up to the hilux infront of him and bottle the driver in the head through his window!!! Just because this bloke was up his *** for abit on the way to maccas.

Send all the people who fail to WA
OI !! we`ve got enough idiots over here already
Old 30-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #57
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not smart? Would you prefer to say to him "Please dont do it again old chap, theres a good lad?"

He assaulted his wife, got in HIS car.... what on earth sort of reaction do you expect??
The guy who got in the car is unstable, you dont abuse and manhandle people and move their car at a servo...

Old 30-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #58
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

manners peoples.....anyone for woffles coz there sure is lot in this thread....
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #59
Fled74
The Thread Killa

The best that any of us can do is carry on being a good example to others. The ones who show appreciation for our little kindnesses are the ones who will pay it forward themselves.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #60
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As civilised and controlled as i am if someone got into my car while my family was in there in a threatening way id act first, "neutralise" and question second....