Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Maybe he works for "Drive.com"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Fact- The Falcon IS heavier in the nose than the Commodore
Fact- The 3.6 SIDI is a touch quicker, but not noticeably like old mate claims
Fact- The Commodore has a better driving position

BS- Holden interior fitout is not better at all
BS- The 3.6 doesn't go better on less throttle than the I6, quite the other way around
BS- Holden IQ (unless they have updated it in the last 12 months) is not amazing by any stretch

The XR6 probably had a slipping belt causing it to whine on full lock. If he tested a MKII FG I'm sure it would have been a different story, the big touch screen would get half of those Whirlpool nerds hot in the pants.
Speed is basically line ball, Wheels had the Falcon quicker, Motor had the VE.

Extra 10cm Isn't the VE slightly longer than the Falcon?

OP, are you sure Paul Gover didn't write this review?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #32
nstg8a

before i bought my fg i had narrowed down my options to the fg and a ve ss, ve drove nice, went ok, the interior was boring as bat poo, and well, everyone seems to have one.

the fg imo, looks better, more modern. interior is way nicer, and seat of the pants dyno tells me it goes a bit better too.
dunno if the previous owner was a fatty or something, but i definitly dont get that feeling of sitting up a lot more than the ve, nothing in it to me.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #33
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whirlpool and OCAU know NOTHING about cars
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #34
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bum in seat is what should sell cars. Internet forums and magazine are good for reference. But people really should experience the car for themselves and then form their own opinions based on what floats their boat.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm surprised that nobody has worked out yet who the review was done by.

It's Josh Dowling in drag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Extra 10cm Isn't the VE slightly longer than the Falcon?
VE 4894

FG 4955

All I can say is that he must be a lousy driver if he thinks 61mm makes that much of a difference

Last edited by The G6ET Spot; 03-02-2012 at 09:10 PM.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #36
andy351

If you have to park anywhere in Zone 1 the car is too long – 10cm longer than the Holden, and you feel it. It's no good for the everyday commute.

are you serious 10cm! just proves how much of a wan ker this bloke is.
one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. 10cm!!

daily drive:2003 ba xr6 ute
5 speed,sports exhaust,hard cover

Last edited by andy351; 03-02-2012 at 09:45 PM.
andy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #37
IceValk85
MY2010 SV6 SIDI -Black-

^^^ also
Fact- The SIDI commodore sounds like it wants to grenade at RPMs and speeds required to out run the 4l I6 in the falcon.
Fact- The SIDI commdore sounds like a herd of dying cows with an aftermarket exhaust in the automatics... the falcon does not.

MOOOOOOOOOO HEAVES into next gear... mooooooo -groan- bucket of ....
IceValk85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #38
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
OP, are you sure Paul Gover didn't write this review?
Im not sure but coming from a Golf and some of the unrealistic comments about the Falcon he could be related.

A few weeks ago i did the right thing whilst out drinking i caught a cab home. It was a Sidi Omega with only around 30,000 on the clock and the engine sounded like a chalf cutter. I asked the driver is the car ok and he replied "its always been like that". And the other guy was complaining about the power steering noise at full lock!!
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #39
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceValk85
^^^ also
Fact- The SIDI commodore sounds like it wants to grenade at RPMs and speeds required to out run the 4l I6 in the falcon.
Fact- The SIDI commdore sounds like a herd of dying cows with an aftermarket exhaust in the automatics... the falcon does not.

MOOOOOOOOOO HEAVES into next gear... mooooooo -groan- bucket of ....
The sad thing is you have to rev the guts out of it to go anywhere. And you're also being a bit harsh on dying cows, they don't sound nearly as horrible as a GM V6.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #40
IceValk85
MY2010 SV6 SIDI -Black-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
The sad thing is you have to rev the guts out of it to go anywhere. And you're also being a bit harsh on dying cows, they don't sound nearly as horrible as a GM V6.
townsville as many know is a military town. big base of em. we love the army and airforce boys, they bring alot of cash to local business.... but every one of them seems to feel the need to own a commodore... and the few that dont, a WRX STI (sexually transmitted infections jokes aside...)

now thats fine and all, but because they never know when they will be away, none of em splash the cash for an SS (which does sound quite good). therefore the SV6 is popular. the cash strapped ones go straight for VTs in olympic gold.... every man and his left nut has one in tville. (the natives love the local ABBA car rental company, which also in turn, loves VS-VT-VY commodores and kia carnivals.... its like taking a load of clowns to IGA LOL)

and as Adrenaline said, the GM V6 is awful when it comes to noise. add extractors and a fart cannon to the mix (it fell off the last WRX and made its way on the the commodore when they weren't looking) and you get MOOOOOOOOOOOOO auto lazily hunts for next cog MOOOOOOOOOO auto lazily hunts for 3rd... MOOOOOOO

god they sound terrible.

Ice
IceValk85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #41
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's only one place where an extra 10cm makes a big difference, and isn't on a car...

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #42
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Nate
Oh god, let's hope CRYHSV or his wife doesn't see that (They have CRYHSV and LOLDEN on their cars) Hehehe
HAHAHAHA i like that 1! but yeah i wouldnt waste my plate with that rather have 4u2NVY or Hoon1 etc.. etc
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #43
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Half the ******* in there think a golf is the best car on the market so I think you shouldn't take his post to literally.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #44
fat289
fat289

I had to hire a car for a trip to Melbourne & couldnt get a Falcon so I had to take a new commodore & I hated the seats , NOT comfortable in any way - like sitting on a wooden block !!!

XRGT
XP ute 351w Toploader
99 Springer softail
XW Fairmont 302w / c4 col shift 58,000 miles
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #45
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
Also i love it how allot of holden drivers put on there plates - H8FORD,NOFORD,etc etc and yet ford drivers don;'t waste there plates with holden on them
I think you'll find that H8HOLDEN and NOHOLDEN don't actually fit on number plates in most states which could be a reason you don't see them, rather than the idea that all holden owners are half-breed bogans who hate Fords and must display it. Just sayin'..
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #46
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

The writer probably frequents forums and sees how much people on this forum whinge and whine about the opposition product, so he's decided to keep it going.

Seriously, how many of these types of threads do we have to have on this forum? It always leads to the same ol' same ol' garbage. Ford is better....Holden is crap.....

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #47
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meh, one blokes rant, look on another forum you`ll find another boofhead blindly extolling the virtues of another car putting crap on what he`s praising up.
don`t lose any sleep over it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post