Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #31
BlackLS

Did they bolster up the standard seat cushion at all to hold you in the seat better?

Looking good mate ;)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 PM   #32
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Did they bolster up the standard seat cushion at all to hold you in the seat better?

Looking good mate ;)
To be honest i cant remember, i got the leather seats done straight away and i cant remember how the standard seats were. All i know it feels great to sit on leather and i would really recommend these guys to anyone, they done a professional job.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #33
FESTEC

raymon81, I emailed european parts about the XR5 spoiler aswell and they got back to me with a shipping price of 50EUR so that makes it a total price in Aus $ of $333.29 so for the extra $20 I would buy it here from Aus as it much easier and no hassles. Should look at doing a group buy and see if we can get a better price as I am very interested in getting one aswell.......
FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #34
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FESTEC
raymon81, I emailed european parts about the XR5 spoiler aswell and they got back to me with a shipping price of 50EUR so that makes it a total price in Aus $ of $333.29 so for the extra $20 I would buy it here from Aus as it much easier and no hassles. Should look at doing a group buy and see if we can get a better price as I am very interested in getting one aswell.......
Hey festec, i just put the order in yesterday for ther spoiler from european-parts. The reason i went through them was because i had bought something from them (polished mirrors) but had to return them coz they didnt fit the focus here so i just paid them extra on top for the spoiler. I paid 38EUR for economy shipping and i was quoted 64EUR for premium so i dont know what kind of shipping u get for 50EUR, im in no hurry to get it anyway. I have bought a few things from them and im pretty happy with their service, u can even add the guy to your icq and talk to him with any problems you have. Group buy is a pretty good idea, put the topic up and see how you go mate.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.

Last edited by raymon81; 10-10-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #35
FESTEC

raymon81 that suck as we could of seen if we got a better deal if we ordered a couple of them, but ha will see about doing the group buy thing and see what happens, what do you trhink the painting will be worth on it mate?
FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #36
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FESTEC
raymon81 that suck as we could of seen if we got a better deal if we ordered a couple of them, but ha will see about doing the group buy thing and see what happens, what do you trhink the painting will be worth on it mate?
Im thinking roughly $250-$300 painted and fitted. Ill let u know soon as i receive the part and get quotes for it.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:12 PM   #37
Uni

soon as the HSC is finished im going to go through Europarts and get some of those fancy Hella foggies with the corner sensing doodad.. its great that there is a reliable joint we can score some good parts from

sorry for the thread hijack, but i will be needing a zetec or equivalent replacement headlight rotary switch, so if any Ford employees can hook me up i'd be most appreciative. not talking discounts or anything, just cutting through the crap of "what do u want one of these for blah blah" which Ford Genuine Parts desk jockeys are so good at.

cheers
Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #38
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni
soon as the HSC is finished im going to go through Europarts and get some of those fancy Hella foggies with the corner sensing doodad.. its great that there is a reliable joint we can score some good parts from

sorry for the thread hijack, but i will be needing a zetec or equivalent replacement headlight rotary switch, so if any Ford employees can hook me up i'd be most appreciative. not talking discounts or anything, just cutting through the crap of "what do u want one of these for blah blah" which Ford Genuine Parts desk jockeys are so good at.

cheers
Uni/.
You'll need a Focus that headlight's turn.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #39
raymon81

Just thought i'd show u guys a couple more updated pics. I now have chrome angel eye headlights, XR5 spoiler and have color coded the fog light surrounds. I polished my car today but due to a shitty camera fone, u cant really tell just how good it really looks.

Last edited by raymon81; 09-12-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #40
photn
AFF Post NAZI

nice... got any pics of the spoiler???..... cars looking great mate......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #41
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
nice... got any pics of the spoiler???..... cars looking great mate......
Cheers mate, just added the rear photo for ya I'll be taking some proper photos on the 16th when we have our meetup.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks nice. Personally I would of gone with white stiching on the seats but then again I didn't pay for it so it don't make any difference.

I really like the Focus. I think Ford have got it wrapped up in the small car segment.

All I could really hope for is the comeback of the turbo TX3 and TX5 to be honest.

I suppose the XR5 fills that void if only they had the supply to meet demand. Heard there is a big wait on those babies.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #43
amlohac

Its a ford part of course it costs a shitload lol.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #44
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

The whole package is coming along very nicely!

Do you notice any difference in the headlight performance??
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #45
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
The whole package is coming along very nicely!

Do you notice any difference in the headlight performance??
They are not as strong as the standard headlights, i was getting more vision on the standard ones in low and normal beam but in high beam, i must admit these angeleyes are stronger and brighter. I got a bad habit of driving with my low beams and foggies hehe they look pretty mean at night.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #46
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

I think you will also find that they are made for the left hand drive versions of the focus, and you may be unintentionally blinding oncoming traffic. You can adjust them to prevent this though.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #47
Marshy79

Looking heaps better with that XR5 spoiler Raymond..... looks the real goods like it should of from factory really.

Im loving your old Zetec headlights btw.

All together your little beasty is shaping up rather nicely.

Did you go about polishing the car yourself?? If so what did you use and how was the end results?
Did you go with the Megs NXT Tech wax as well to hide any marks?
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #48
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Good to see the wheels came up as good as new again too mate, just love that hand polished finish!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #49
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
Looking heaps better with that XR5 spoiler Raymond..... looks the real goods like it should of from factory really.

Im loving your old Zetec headlights btw.

All together your little beasty is shaping up rather nicely.

Did you go about polishing the car yourself?? If so what did you use and how was the end results?
Did you go with the Megs NXT Tech wax as well to hide any marks?
Thanx Marsh, im really happy with the way the car is coming up also. A mate and i polished the car, he had some of this stuff called Autoglyme, never heard of it myself but im happy with the way it came up. Alot of the swirls have come out but the bonnet needs some xtra work but its much better than before. I will be using NXT on my next polish
Old 12-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #50
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Good to see the wheels came up as good as new again too mate, just love that hand polished finish!
Yeh, thanx matt i used Autosol (thanx to melbzetec) to remove the stains and it worked very well! but it didnt shine the wheels much so i then used meguiars mag polish and they came up like brand new. The 2 products worked well together