Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #31
stang65
FPRJET

Default Re: Alternative to FG XR6 (No Holdens) That I Should Consider [up tp 40K]

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
the fact that he is looking at buying a Lpi version of the xr6 tells me he is not looking to buy right now but is waiting for the new products. this being the case he should wait a bit longer for FG2 (or whatever they call it) and buy one of them. this should have terri touch screen amongst other upgrades and put it back on par with its main rival.

this thread highlights to me why holden outsells ford. holden buyers (to me) seem much more loyal. when the time comes to buy a new car, they'll just wander on back to the holden dealer and upgrade to the newest version. ford fans on the other hand look at every other option (taking the opportunity to have a crack at ford in the process). some see this as being 'smarter' and not just blind loyalty, but when the sales figures appear each month its all doom and gloom.

to the OP,- wait for fg2 (only a month or 2 after ecoLPi is released anyway) and buy the XR6. it will have everything you need in a motor car and will make you feel good knowing you are supporting a dwindling aussie car industry.

I 2nd that, it appear I have stumbled into another thread that people just can`t have a dig at Ford, Why is it people have no problem recommending Holden with all their problems. To the Op good to see you haven`t fallen to some of the brain washing that is going on out there. The FG even in it`s current form is a superior car to the VE. I think some of us forget why we bought our Ford in the first place.

$$$$ Price --- To get a large car with decent power a euro or even jap with the same size engine will cost you alot more.

$$$$Maintenance---- If something goes wrong out of warranty period these cars are still cheaper to repair than the imports.

$$$$Replacement Panels----- Cheap to replace parts.

$$$$$Engine ----Power of a large 6 great fuel economy and AWESOME reliability.

Buy all means test drive cars and compare, but it still comes back to the fundementals above.
Old 24-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #32
krzysiek

Default Re: Alternative to FG XR6 (No Holdens) That I Should Consider [up tp 40K]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Is the only reason you are ignoring Holden because you have this idea that the XR6 is better? Because to be honest, at present the VEII SV6 is simply better value - you are doing yourself a disservice if you count out the Commodore for no reason. I also wouldn't look at FWD large cars, but that's personal preference.
Will be taking it for a spin, definitely. Who knows, might change my mind: but at the moment I hope that doesn't happen!
krzysiek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #33
krzysiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
I didn't take the time to see if Genesis was a 4/5 seater, but if it's only a two seater you could consider a Nissan 350Z. Should find a decent one with your budget.

Being only on P's however, how is it that your budget is 40k? Seems pretty high of a person on P plates. In no way am I being discriminatory, if anything I'm jealous you can somehow afford 40k being on your P's. But if it's the case, how many cars have you owned previously? Is 40k really the amount you need to spend on your next car?
Very well put there. Actually, I would rather *not* spend anywhere near 40K.

I initially was intending to buy a used FG XR6 for around 22-23K (much more reasonable for me). And then when the time came (had some spare cash) I would put it onto LPG and be happy with my dual fuel.

So that was my initial plan and it made good sense. But being the typical forum browser, I eventually read about the new EcoLPI coming out which is a dedicated LPG set up, which is ideally what I have always wanted to upgrade to (I have a BA XT on dedicated LPG), so when I heard about that (not to mention the performance was very good) I decided that I wanted to go for that.

Just something about having two fuel tanks doesn't do it for me (not to mention the several K i'm going to spend to convert it anyway). So I thought, I might just possibly bite the bullet and get it brand new when it comes out. I sure as hell would be content with it, probably not so much with the price tag though.

As for this thread and why I set the limit at 40K: well, that was purely done in fairness. If I am genuinely considering dropping around 40 on the new Falcon then it is only fair to ask people for suggestions within that same price range. But would I want to spend 40 when I could spend 25? No way!!

I guess I still need to contemplate whether a used FG + LPG conversion would be what I should do, or if I should get the all new EcoLPI. The EcoLPI is winning simply due to performance and being a straight LPG system, but the cost is a fair bit higher.
Old 24-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #34
Deco28

The Genesis is RHD, you can't buy it in Australia.

The SV6 is illegal to drive anyway (>200kw), so that doesn't matter. Mondeo Ecoboost is a turbo, so no go there as well. Just buy the XR6. You'll enjoy it more then a torque-steering Aurion, Accord or Maxima, eve though they are nice cars. Would have to Agree about the Accord Euro though, if you want a luxurious package and don't care about all out speed (0-100 in 8.9?), it's a sweet and well built car.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #35
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Ok reading your later posts it sounds like your original idea would be better. Why not pick up a 1yo fg xr6 at the auctions and pocket the 15-20k difference from new. That buys alot of fuel. How many km do you do? Maybe forget about lpg unless you do a few. As I said you have the savings to say for fuel anyway.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #36
blk6t

I would seriously look at the Holden SV6 if I was in your shoes, better value, good car, better interior tech and gadgets over the XR6.

Plus they go pretty good for a V6, and its also RWD!!
Old 24-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #37
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

easy wait and buy a lpi fg xr6 demonstraitor near new thousands off and factory warrantee!!
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #38
krzysiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Ok reading your later posts it sounds like your original idea would be better. Why not pick up a 1yo fg xr6 at the auctions and pocket the 15-20k difference from new. That buys alot of fuel. How many km do you do? Maybe forget about lpg unless you do a few. As I said you have the savings to say for fuel anyway.
Never really thought about it that way. I was always thinking about the cost to run the car as opposed to how much free fuel I could have if I just got a second hand one and used the savings for fuel. Quite a lot of fuel.

Should probably think over that a tad bit more!
Old 24-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #39
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Found this on CP. its a 530. 3L I6 I hear is good in BMWS
Luxury, large RWD. Can pick them up for less then 40K.

Chrysler 300c V6.
Not as fast as a XR6. But it is a large RWD sedan.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #40
stang65
FPRJET

Ummmm Hellooooo..... I don`t hink he would want to pay that much on insurance....
Old 24-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #41
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6t
I would seriously look at the Holden SV6 if I was in your shoes, better value, good car, better interior tech and gadgets over the XR6.

Why is it better value? what the gadgets? is that all.
Is the ride better, visibility,power,reliability?
Old 24-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #42
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Ummmm Hellooooo..... I don`t hink he would want to pay that much on insurance....

Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek

I'm looking for a:

1) P plate legal car (no turbo)
2) Car under 40K new (can stretch possibly if worth but honestly 40K is most likely tops)
3) Looks great
4) Performance comparable to XR6
5) Comes with factory LPi (haha, joke... I wish!)

All ideas appreciated!

I don't see insurance listed there. I am just putting out ideas based on OP.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #43
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I know at around 18-21 years old I always figured if I had 40k I would spend it on a sweet car.

Think again.

If you haven't purchased a house or don't have at least a deposit for one, spend 20k on a reliable car, find one that does tick your emotional boxes at the same time and keep the overheads to a minimum.

By the time you're passing 25yo, this decision will be paying dividends.
Old 24-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #44
gtfpv
GT

mate OP YOU ARE WISE IN YOUR DECISIONS . I think a new car is fine , but only if you intend for it to be a keeper 10 years or 400 000kms . then go for it . otherwise buy a 2 year old FG 40-80K for 1/2 the price . win win either way . you dont need to look at a holden if you dont want to . or anything else for that matter . dont buy any 2nd hand car for 40k . if you go 2nd hand spend 18-23k and keep it too .
as far as other cars go . hyundi i45, kasashi whatever it is and MAZDA 3 . Seem good , however fords are good for longevity and high kms. lpg is a good idea in the long term .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

The FG is a superior car to the VE. Compared to VE2 the only thing missing on the FG really is the touch screen and standard 18s.

Vision around the block of flats A pillar in the VE is horrendous. No wonder I see them regularly t-boned and sitting in the smash repairers yards that I drive past almost daily. They aren't the sames ones either with varying model spec and colours. VE caught up to BF2 in most areas. FG leapfrogged ahead again.

With the Falcon you get great performance. Only the VE in 3.6 SIDI form is able to match it. Prior to that, despite using more fuel the VE was substantially slower.

If you want the benefit of split fold rear seats only Falcon offers that.
FG Falcon = Great looks.
FG Falcon = Tightest turning circle in its class.
FG Falcon = Very good vision.
FG Falcon = Excellent refinement.
FG Falcon = Strongest performance with 2 people in class.
FG Falcon = Nearly the best economy in its class.
FG Falcon = The most torque in its class. Easily.
FG Falcon = The safest 5 star rating. Not just a 5 star, but an impressive score, beating many Mercedes and Volvos. It got that with only needing 2 airbags. Some cars need 6 airbags and STILL don't rate to the same score.

Aurion I have as my work car. Plenty of poke. No chassis. Plain and boring with a really poor turning circcle and ponderous steering. Dreadful foot operated park brake.

Those saying VW. Urgh. I wouldn't go anywhere near a VW either. Reliable and cheap to maintain they are not. Just ask my neighbour across the road who'se business VW Caddy (Golf based commercial vehicle) which has been stuck out front despite the 4hr mobile mechanic visit Thursday. Nearly a week off the road for a small business must be a delight...

Seriously, to the OP, krzysiek. Do yourself a favour. If you want value, buy a 2nd hand FG and convert it to LiLPG. If you want new get the EcoLPi FG or FG2 but expect to pay more for the priviledge.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #46
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Is the only reason you are ignoring Holden because you have this idea that the XR6 is better? Because to be honest, at present the VEII SV6 is simply better value - you are doing yourself a disservice if you count out the Commodore for no reason. I also wouldn't look at FWD large cars, but that's personal preference.
Doing a disservice? So you discount the Mondeo because its a FWD car, yeah i admit i was the same until i drove one (If you have then fair enough)
If it were me id go the EB Mondeo, or a diesel Mondeo.
Old 24-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #47
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

buy a 50th anniversary if you can find one, and wack LPG on it...

You should be able to find one for 27 - 28 kay if you look hard.

e.g.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...t=1&__Ntt=50th anniversary&silo=1011&__sid=1308AA142F3E&keywords= 50th anniversary&__D=50th anniversary&SearchAction=N&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966463&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&__Qpb=1&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #48
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Ifyou don't mind going second hand and a smaller car, look at a BMW 130i, should be able to pick them up sub $30,000 now for later models.

Small rear wheel drive manual hatchback, with a 190KW 3L I6 under the hood

The main benefit of a small car, (except fuel economy) with the main benefit of a large car, power Just don't expect to fit people in those back seats, rear wheel drive probably isnt the best thing space wise in a small car. Its about 1400Kg so it'd smash a XR6 in a drag.

If you want a new car, see if you can get yourself into a Kia Optima or Accord V6 Luxury, you should be able to whittle Honda down on price easily because they're having a hard time selling cars (over-priced, they even admitted it at the dealership I worked at, lol), might be able to get it for under $40K, very nice car.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 24-06-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #49
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one thing with all the euro's will surely be service, insurance, repair costs etc.
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #50
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351@GT
one thing with all the euro's will surely be service, insurance, repair costs etc.
Thats with everything, any car for a P plater is expensive for insurance, my Fiesta was $2400 a year, my Focus $2200 a year, both with AAMI, Focus is now with JustCar for $1779 a year.

Servicing is expensive at any dealership as well.

If you're worried about insurance, rego, maintenence, repair costs buy an EA Falcon and insure it with 3rd party.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 24-06-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #51
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Why is it better value? what the gadgets? is that all.
Touch screen and 18's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351@GT
Especially being a P-plater
Old 24-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #52
krzysiek

Thanks again guys for making this thread so lively.

I guess I didn't point out the insurance etc in the OP, but insurance isn't a problem. We all have to pay it anyway, right? Sure, might pay a little extra if it is a 'sports sedan' but that sure as hell isn't going to stop me buying a sports sedan if I want one. Insurance would be under parents name anyway, if something happened then I would still be covered but would be paying a lot more (as opposed to them being in an accident). Have been driving 2 years (not much, I know) but have not had even a slight accident as yet, and I try to be very cautious over all on the road. So that should have that problem out of the way!

I really am contemplating what to do. As someone has mentioned, 40K on a car when I don't have a house might be a silly thing to do. Probably something that I will get wiser about as I get older (unfortunately) but I know that, for the time being, an upgrade of the slug BA XT e-gas I have is in order!

I'm considering (will put more thought into it) a used FG XR6 and converting to Gas. But for some reason the other side of me is thinking of just going with the brand new car. If I got it brand new, I would probably hand it down to my parents anyway if the time came to sell it or whatever. Really not sure.

Will have to consider all of the options listed here. I guess I am slightly biased towards Ford (haha, who knew) and my choice is still around 95% certain of a Ford (be it used or new) but I did want to have a look at the other possibilities. You guys have helped out a lot, because I don't have the experience/knowledge that all of you combined have, so this thread has been nothing but worthwhile for me. Will certainly be checking out the recommendations!

However:

1) Mondeo, doesn't really do it for me. Wish it did, because it has been recommended a fair bit in this thread!! But I am probably more after a sedan to be honest.

2) BMW 130i hatchback, have seen that one around and looks decent, but really again not wanting a hatch :( (sorry, my bad: should have probably said in the thread OP)

3) Now, hope no one gets angry here... purely my opinion, but.... know that the LPi is around the corner and the power/performance is that, or higher, of a petrol car yet the running costs are so low makes it really hard for me to justify the other 6's on the market that run on petrol. I know that this is a lot to spend on a car (for me) but I still want it to be affordable to run.

Will be checking out the other Asian--types mentioned here too, Honda, etc.

Thanks!!
Old 24-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #53
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Thats with everything, any car for a P plater is expensive for insurance, my Fiesta was $2400 a year, my Focus $2200 a year, both with AAMI, Focus is now with JustCar for $1779 a year.

Servicing is expensive at any dealership as well.

If you're worried about insurance, rego, maintenence, repair costs buy an EA Falcon and insure it with 3rd party.
jeebus. Your right though, cant afford maintenance, cant afford the car.
Old 24-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #54
krzysiek

That one looks mint.

How much does a good LPG system set ya back (same/similar to the new Ford coming out? About 2.5K after rebate I think)

Either way, love how that looks. Nitro / White / Ego looks the best IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
buy a 50th anniversary if you can find one, and wack LPG on it...

You should be able to find one for 27 - 28 kay if you look hard.

e.g.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...t=1&__Ntt=50th anniversary&silo=1011&__sid=1308AA142F3E&keywords= 50th anniversary&__D=50th anniversary&SearchAction=N&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966463&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&__Qpb=1&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany
Old 24-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #55
JamesR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6t

im currently driving a SV6 with just over 30k on the clock.
cant say i really like it.
before this i drove a XR6 with just under 20k on the clock. have done roughly 200-300kms in each car, and personally i think the XR6 is way better.
better handling, better seats, better dash and controls.
although i must say the V6 is a nice revvy engine, goes hard from 3-7k rpm.
and its throttle feels better/ more responsive.
what i dont like about both the is the visibility out the back, or lack thereof..
unfortunately i have the SV6 for the next 3-4 weeks instead of the XR6.
both cars are hire cars paid for by work, so it would be rude not to give them a hard time...

my photo blog;
http://www.jamesruff.net
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #56
prydey
Rob

Quote:
How much does a good LPG system set ya back (same/similar to the new Ford coming out? About 2.5K after rebate I think)
you can get the ford system (orbital) for around $4.5k i think, with the opposition (jtg) slightly dearer at closer to $5k. those figures are the most you would want to pay. price may have come down in the last 12mnths or so. the jtg system is arguably a better system.

i think the rebate is currantly $1.5k so about $3k for state of the art lpg (dual fuel).

i guess not knowing how ford will price their new egas (ecoLPi) makes it difficult to do the sums but chances are, it will be heading toward $40k on road. a low km 2010 fg + conversion will still set you back $30-$35k, so not a massive saving. not sure what impact a lpg conversion will have on your warranty either. pretty sure it will void the engine side of things.

lots to think about.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #57
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Hello.

I don't see insurance listed there. I am just putting out ideas based on OP.

Ben73, wasn`t meaning to be rude but as a P plater, thught I Would mention the insurance bit as the op hadn`t said anything about it.

To the op ,two things the difference in insurance can be thousands if under your name especially on a beamer, as far as putiing it in your parents name, be careful in event of an accident if found you are the main driver they can deny payout in an accident.

Also they will want to know who owns the car which if regiserd under your name will loook suss. Plus will your rating improve if you don`t have your own policy?

Also you should be careful what you write on forums in the slim chance(very slim) that you had an accident in your new car and they found this thread saying you were going to put it under the parents to get heaper insurance.

Would not be good.
Old 25-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #58
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
what i dont like about both the is the visibility out the back, or lack thereof..
Agreed I hate this! Not just in the new VE's and FG's but many other cars with this new Euro styling with a big *** on the car. My dads Honda Accord is the same. It scares me how crap rear visibility is becoming.

To the OP. Can I ask why you are so set on converting to LPG? Do you cover lots of kilometers?
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #59
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Wow, a huge amount of replies - thank you!

First things first: I noticed a couple of replies about why I am disregarding Holden completely. I understand this that probably makes me look like an idiot, but I know that the direct competitor to the FG XR6 is the SV6. I have driven the FG, not the VE yet (will do it sometime soon just to 'get it done') but from what I can see/read they are similar in performance (which is one of the main points for me).

-------------------

Other cars mentioned: Will be taking a look at all of them. If I had the money, I wouldn't mind a really nice Euro car, but BMW's are quite expensive (but I love the look). Not sure about performance and fuel costs, though. Wish there were more cars out there with tried and tested LPG fuel systems done for them, as that is a huge plus in my opinion/

As such, then I consider the LPi version of the XR6 coming out, which should probably now beat the performance of the SV6 and plus be a lot cheaper to run. For this reason I have said I will not be going with Holden (when it comes to a Ford vs Holden battle anyway, I would want to support Ford because I think they need it much more anyway).

So my decision to say I am ignoring Holden probably wasn't the best one to just say it without justifying. I will be testing driving one soon.

----------------------------------------

As for the other choices, I do see a Mondeo popped up a few times. I had a look at a Mondeo back before I ever got my first car (around 2 years or so ago) at the ford dealer. Was a diesel one I believe. Didn't enjoy the look of the car much though, but from the responses in this thread I'm going to need to give it a go I would say.
No need to justify your decision to eliminate something. Is your money and even if Daewoo made the best thing since sliced bread I wouldnt buy it just because ... your breif say LLPG so you want something economical so that is fair enough.

When I decide to buy something the first thing I do is set my budget and put that into cars sales as the max and then go through everything that pops up. Surprising what does pop up.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #60
krzysiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
No need to justify your decision to eliminate something. Is your money and even if Daewoo made the best thing since sliced bread I wouldnt buy it just because ... your breif say LLPG so you want something economical so that is fair enough.

When I decide to buy something the first thing I do is set my budget and put that into cars sales as the max and then go through everything that pops up. Surprising what does pop up.
I've done that for a bit but didn't have time to go through the whole lot. Got some time on me now though, so might give it a shot!

plarazza, probably do about 400ish (maybe more) per week. But if I get the car brand new, it will be sticking around, either with me or in the family for a while (simply because it would be very cheap to run still even in a few years). Spoke to the old man about possibly just getting a used one and fitting LPG on it, but he seems largely biased towards getting the factory set up.

Say's that they change some engine components etc to be more suitable to LPG and that the car will last longer etc, so he doesn't seem too keen on that idea (even though I don't think it is nearly as bad as he makes it out to be). Sounds like he has his own agenda with me getting a brand new car instead of a used one, haha.