Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #31
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

This guy from SCT doesn't seem to be explaining himself very well does he.

Herrod Camshafts-Pacemaker ceramic coated 4-1 extractors-100 cpsi cats-X-Force dual 2.5 inch stainless catback exhaust-Bluepower CAI-Mellings oil pump-4.11 diff with truetrac-Lowered on SL / SSL-TSW Nurburgring 20x9.5/8.0

Custom tuned by RDP 260 rwkw
Old 31-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #32
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Slayer
This guy doesn't seem to be explaining himself very well does he.
this guy is making me feel a fury never before experienced 25k essentially down the toilet, anybody need some spares oh no wait you DON'T cause you cant tune either :togo:

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 31-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #33
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can still tune them but it will cost you
buy the xcal 3 and the probly the xcal 4 after that and so on.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #34
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

As posted on another forum which you have been reading, would this work

Quote:
Charlie

I'm one of he dealers you talk about and I have a suggestion that may work if you guys are serious about helping us aussies out.
I understand that the actions of some, by the process of unlocking boxes to be used over and over again goes against the reason for having the boxes in the first place and denies your company income fees which other companies choose to call license fees.
It appears that many are being punished by the actions of possibly 1.
Your company has the software writers so you have the ability to allow certain dongles to only access certain processor codes and as many know the software will not run without a licensed, activated dongle inserted into the computer.
You could lock everybodies programme to not allow flashing to Xcal 1 and 2's, when they update, which is what you have done, you could then update the dongles of non offending dealers/distributors allowing the flashing buttons to be reinstated.
I can understand you may not wish to support Xcal 1's any more as they are old items now, but this support should only go as far as not giving advice or repairs to these units, which is how most software companies would act with old versions of there products.
I'm sure this would please most of us and give your company it's credibility back and hte general public would soon work out who the offenders are

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 31-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #35
Justin@
Banned

What is going to happen when you have a new product in a year or 2? you going to make an excuse to do this again? What can stop you? This is just a scam......
Old 31-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #36
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
No we did not have to buy your product . But alot of us did . So you bring out another product in my eyes does the same thing and render the old one useless.
What stopping you from doing the same thing.
We acted on the fact that dealers are contacting us saying the price is too high some days and too low others. Dealers are our direct connection with customers so they need to be listened to. Likewise customers spend the money so they are equally important.

The X3 is secure and doesn't have tools intended to help dealers and customers floating around. That, i can assure you.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Lets forget the running commentary there people that want to read this, and it would be better if we could read the questions answers, there by trying to keep this thread at some sort of technical level...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 31-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #38
wados

90 days hey, im still planning more upgrades but dont have the cash at the moment as im going overseas in 60 days, i dont have the money to rush out and buy the new mods i want and get it tuned.

what a joke this is, surely a great way to run a business......... or should i say hurt your business in a market that you have cornered in this country
Old 31-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #39
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@sct
How many more bolts on are you going with? Do the tunes you have now cover the mods?
Charlie@sct
That is a poor attitude.

What if they decide to add diff gears or something later and just have to change shift points? It's going to cost them another $1500++ for a new box and tune..

I feel cheated buying a SCT product now, definately should have gone with a competitor.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I understand that under the original lcense agreement, the box I purchased new in 2004 was capable of being used 5 times, on 5 different vehicles but only 1 at a time.

I have used mine on 2 and it is currently sitting in my shed until I buy my next FPV.

I have not attempted to violate any license or use my unit for any purpose other than on my personal vehicle.

If your argument is that the units cannot be sold second hand, this is unlawful in Australia and I suggest you ask your legal representitives to investigate this as Microsoft and several other US software companies found out about US/Australian commercial treaties and Australian law the hard way when they tried to stop the resale of Windows etc on second hand equipment.

If that is not the case then please ignore that point.

I will not be buying a new vehicle in the next 90 days and even if I did I would be very concerned if I could not make adjustments after that time.

You have a lot of angry people here who have not done anythng wrong to you and you are attempting to punish us for what some one else has done.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #41
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Quote:
Please understand the main reason for the shutdown was regarding a violation of our license agreement by a dealer.
Charlie@sct
Thank you Charlie for clarifying your reason for taking this action.

You have made it very clear that you have deliberately rendered useless your product for the 99% of customers who have done the right thing and bought boxes.

Stopping support for your older product is one thing.

Taking a deliberate action to stop it working is another entirely.

Rest assured if this is your final 'solution' to this problem that further action will be taken against your company.

Now Quattro RS3 powered
Old 31-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #42
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will never buy an SCT product again,and i will warn as many people as i can to do the same and i will also tell as many people as i possibly can of this fiasco.
My box an X-Flash is not even out of warranty and as my sig suggests i haven't tuned it yet either.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #43
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wados
90 days hey, im still planning more upgrades but dont have the cash at the moment as im going overseas in 60 days, i dont have the money to rush out and buy the new mods i want and get it tuned.

what a joke this is, surely a great way to run a business......... or should i say hurt your business in a market that you have cornered in this country
me too exactly the same scenario, so that mean I am forced to go with a competitor? and why aren't you prepared to take the older boxes as trade ins on the new ones, microsoft used to give heavy discounts on DOS when you upgraded, that way the existing customers don't feel shafted so bad.

Old 31-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #44
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Charlie - this is not a reasonable thing to do. You have sold many people a device that performed a task. Through your poor management, you have let your product be sold in a manner that does not suit the direction you wish to proceed - sorry, that is your problem not mine.

You simply cannot choose to maliciously damage my property without consequences because it suits your commercial aspirations this week.

The product I (and many others) bought does not require any input from you for support other than warranty. The tuners have the ability to write tunes to all units in the market with what they have - today, we own units that we can give to tuners so that they may tune them - today.

Your choice is to fundamentally change the solution I bought from you so that it no longer serves anything like the purpose I bought it for.

The contempt in which you hold your clients is disgusting - SCT really seem to think that they can do whatever they want - guess what? You can't.

Please advise the status of XCAL2 and where it will be heading as a good many of us sit in that boat too.

You won't here from me directly on this matter again.

It is my understanding that in Australia, any manufacturer must provide a minimum of 7 yrs support from sale date of a product unless it is listed as a runout item. What is your take on this?
The product can still do what it was designed to do...flash automobiles. It will continue to do so after 90 days.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #45
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
The product can still do what it was designed to do...flash automobiles. It will continue to do so after 90 days.

Charlie@sct
But you just can't tune it.

I would rather buy a Holden product before using SCT again, as no legit or logical reason has been offered.

Who does Sniper in Sydney?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #46
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
But SCT is. Your 'unnamed' dealer went against you, so you shut down all dealers, all tuners and all customers. It IS your fault.

You could've dealt with 'unnamed' dealer by many other means without alienating all current and future TUNERS and CUSTOMERS.
The unnamed dealer can continue to unlock devices and charge all of you full price to ship you a used product. That is not right.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #47
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Charlie@sct
NO IT EFFING CAN'T we want to custom tune the vehicles as stated on your website, if you cant put tunes into the box generic or otherwise - no it can't

Old 31-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #48
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

Quote:

Charlie@sct
It can still flash cars but not to thepotential of what it could originaly do.

Herrod Camshafts-Pacemaker ceramic coated 4-1 extractors-100 cpsi cats-X-Force dual 2.5 inch stainless catback exhaust-Bluepower CAI-Mellings oil pump-4.11 diff with truetrac-Lowered on SL / SSL-TSW Nurburgring 20x9.5/8.0

Custom tuned by RDP 260 rwkw
Old 31-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #49
Scott

Default For users of this product...

Extract from www.accc.gov.au:

Quote:
Statutory conditions (goods)

The Trade Practices Act implies the following statutory conditions into consumer contracts:

* The goods must be of merchantable quality. That is, they must meet a basic level of quality and performance, taking into account their price and description. They also should be free from defects that were not obvious to you at the time of purchase.
* The goods must be fit for their purpose. That is, they should do what they are supposed to do and be suitable for any purpose that you might have made known to the supplier.
* The goods must match the description you were given or the sample you chose from. For example, any carpet laid must be the same quality and colour as the sample you chose from.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #50
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
The unnamed dealer can continue to unlock devices and charge all of you full price to ship you a used product. That is not right.

Charlie@sct
Why didn't you pursue them legally?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #51
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I have a BA xr6 turbo in need of injectors valve springs and a surge tank and a couple fuel pumps, then a tune then maybe one day a catback exhaust - so again when i do the catback i will need a new tune, my car is too heavily modded already to go back to the stock tune so I am stuck with a useless product and a 25k useless car........ keep ignoring me why not

Take my flash box back as a trade in on a xcal3 but don't expect to get alot of money from me for the upgrade as I am more than happy with the functionality of the box I have maybe $100 tops, and you are forcing us to buy a new product to do what the old one already did
You shouldn't need to change much on the catback. The tune would be deadnuts with or without it as you are not changing the measured air.

However, dynoing is not just for tuning...you also get bragging rights.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #52
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
You shouldn't need to change much on the catback. The tune would be deadnuts with or without it as you are not changing the measured air.

Charlie@sct
On a turbo Falcon I think you got it all wrong, do you understand or have played or tuned our Aussie cars.
90% of tuners in Australia would laugh at your statement, the other 10% don't know what they are doing...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 31-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #53
Scott

Quote:

Charlie@sct
Apologies - I wasn't going to comment any further before seeking legal advice but you just seem to keep twisting the knife....

Your product WILL NOT do what it was designed to do after 90 days - we bought product that we could:

a) have loaded with tunes to suit a variety of conditions;
b) take back to our dealer to have the tunes modified or re-done as we see fit or require;
c) understand that there is a limit of 5 reset's (or vehicles) before the product "expires" and we need to replace it.

You are lying to us.

edit - By the way, I bought both of mine from RDP - not CAPA.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #54
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Charlie@sct
this also doesn't change the fact I don't have the ~1.5k to buy the product fit it to the car and get it tuned in 90 days.

Old 31-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #55
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Charlie@sct

No that is that right i agree with you charlie . But a thousand dollars to me is alot of money . 2 grand is what it will cost me if i choose to keep modifing my ute . I would like to continue to customise my ute so what can sct do to ease the burden on my wallet .
sinse i helped to fill yours
Old 31-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #56
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The X3 is secure and doesn't have tools intended to help dealers and customers floating around. That, i can assure you.
Sounds like the issues you are having are actually a shortcoming of your programing in the X1 box. In other words, not enough security measures put into place.

In that case Charlie, I might just send you my Xcal 1 box ( which I purchased only 9 months ago with no indication from you or my tuner that it had a limited lifespan) so that you can upgrade the software in it at your expense so thet it meets your security requirements.

You can send me a $100 fuel voucher upon its return too, as a sign of goodwill towards me, a very valued cutomer who has not had the ability to reflash his car while you were reprogramming it!

Don't worry mate, you dont have to perform a full upgrade. I dont need all the extra fancy features of your X3 box, just the ability to have my tunes tinkered with as I further upgrade my vehicle. I have paid for the ability to do this by buying your product once. Why should I pay up again to further mod the same vehicle?
Old 31-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #57
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
I am truly sorry if you feel that SCT did this to you but look at the big picture. We supplied the technology. We didn't mess it up.

Charlie @sct
You did. By switching it off.

The issue with your dealer doing the wrong thing by you is not our problem.

My preferred tuner is in another state. I can't just pop in at some point in the next 90 days. I have to organise, take holidays from work, and plan well in advance.
All I have left to do is tune my car, but that won't be within what SCT deem as a suitable time frame, so I'm going to get shafted??
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 31-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #58
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
I can only spend so long before another post comes up. I'm doing my best for it being 4:00 in the morning.

I'll try to keep up

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #59
Charlie@sct
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Apologies - I wasn't going to comment any further before seeking legal advice but you just seem to keep twisting the knife....

Your product WILL NOT do what it was designed to do after 90 days - we bought product that we could:

a) have loaded with tunes to suit a variety of conditions;
b) take back to our dealer to have the tunes modified or re-done as we see fit or require;
c) understand that there is a limit of 5 reset's (or vehicles) before the product "expires" and we need to replace it.

You are lying to us.

edit - By the way, I bought both of mine from RDP - not CAPA.
Please re-read your post. ABC are covered even once the 90 days has lapsed.

But i commend you for being polite about it.

Charlie@sct
Old 31-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #60
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

It truly does appear that SCT are not considering any further movement or consideration in this issue.

It also appears there is at least potential that they have ilegally tampered with the use that their customers can expect for the product.

In my opinion it is time to seek legal advice and consider action in the manner that SCT should have taken against their distributor.

Do we have any lawers present?