Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #31
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
JEM is no more.

Don't go looking either. Ford found and silenced him a wile back.
They still love him; he's got a nice "Nitro Signature" Series XR8 with some special 'numbers' under the hood.
Old 13-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #32
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
They still love him; he's got a nice "Nitro Signature" Series XR8 with some special 'numbers' under the hood.
I noticed.

We live in interesting times
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #33
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this XR8 hasnt got a unique set of bonnet stripes on it has it????
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #34
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
this XR8 hasnt got a unique set of bonnet stripes on it has it????
No. Why do you ask that?
Old 13-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #35
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanknbank
....and what did they have to say about it?
Rumor has it that when stepping out of the G6ET, Mulally said "Holy Crap, that is a fast car........."
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #36
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Rumor has it that when stepping out of the G6ET, Mulally said "Holy Crap, that is a fast car........."
The article from motortrend.com.au 20FEB2008:

CEO so impressed with FG Falcon - he wants one!
Feb 20th, 2008Print1 commentComment

It seems the head honcho at Ford, Alan Mulally has a thing for our new FG Falcon. The Ford CEO recently got behind the wheel of an FG Falcon G6E Turbo at an Australian test facility and came away mightily impressed. In fact he declared, “I want one”!

There is a general world-wide consensus that Ford Australia build a better four-door sedan than Ford North America, so it is not hard to believe that Mulally would prefer the FG Falcon over the alternative at home – a Taurus.

Will he ship one over? Who knows… We do know that there was at least one pre-production FG shipped to the States last year for evaluation.

Once again there are rumours on the internet that the FG Falcon platform will underpin future rear-wheel-drive models in the U.S. but at the moment, they remain just that, rumours.

Suffice to say, if you spend anytime on the internet you will know that Americans and Australians alike have a real respect for the Ford Australia product. All that is required now is that the FOMOCO listen to what the people want and follow GM’s lead with Holden.

If the CEO likes the FG Falcon so much that he wants his own, he should logically assume that the average punter in the U.S. might just feel the same.

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Chilliman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #37
yanknbank
Very regular

Quote:
Yanknbank -
Quote:
According to my sources out Lara, Kuzak's exact words were:

"This is the best car in the world. Bar none."
Thanks Paxton. I knew that both Alan Mullally and Derek Kuzak were in the country early last year to sample the local product, but hadn't heard any real knowedgable feedback from those in the know about what was actually discussed and how the local cars came across.
I did read and see some positive comment attributed to Mullally, but I was interested, particularly, in what Kusak had to say.
Old 14-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #38
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
No. Why do you ask that?
Saw an FG nitro XR8 outside FoMoCo a few times with 2 thick silver stripes that when up the bonnet and down the rear of the front guards, actually looked pretty good, looked to be a staff members car
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #39
500SEC

Is there an existing thread regarding the 4cyl power plant for the Falcon, or can questions be asked here? Won't be a chopped Barra will it (a la Starfire) ? Whatever they do, hope they do it well.
500SEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 05:10 AM   #40
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500SEC
Is there an existing thread regarding the 4cyl power plant for the Falcon, or can questions be asked here? Won't be a chopped Barra will it (a la Starfire) ? Whatever they do, hope they do it well.
Information you are after.....

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=1&pp=100

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #41
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't understand why Ford never fight back with crucial facts.
The 3.0 POS is over 100nm of torque down over the ford, drastically inferior at towing, yet Holden use it as a key argument on their behalf.
Old 14-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #42
owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
And build quality and refinement and...............

After spending some time in a VE Calais and a G6E only a fool would pick the Calais.
it helps if you have 1 blue eye!!
owl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #43
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
I don't understand why Ford never fight back with crucial facts.
The 3.0 POS is over 100nm of torque down over the ford, drastically inferior at towing, yet Holden use it as a key argument on their behalf.
I expect that anyone test driving the commonbore with the woeful V6's will be unimpressed by its torque, and its need to redline to produce any performance. Honestly, Holden is backing itself into a corner with these engines, and as long as everyone believes in global warming, only a fool would dismiss the "4 cylinder only" fleet sales. Ford have it sussed and have found engines with snails on them go much better than anything Holden has to offer. Whatsmore, Holden has 6.2 litre V8's that are outpaced by fords turbo 6's; they really haven't got any engineering prowess to crow about.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #44
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69
Lucky there's about 3600 fools per month for Holden then hey
True, put a Holden badge on a and it would sell.

A Holden dealer I know was telling me back when GM got hold of Daewoo and they changed the Barinas from Opel sourced to rebadged Daewoos he was surprised that people were buying them compared to the fact that they didnt sell when badged as Daewoos and what a substandard car it was.
I would say more than 50% of private GM sales go to buyers who wouldnt have looked at any other brand.
My take on GMs buisiness is they rely heavily on styling and marketing. There is no denying the VE is not a bad looking car and their advertising hits the mark.

But my original statement stands, to drive a Calais and G6E back to back and pick the Calais would be crazy.
And as I've owned over 30 cars in 20 years and not all Fords I am not a one eyed Ford fan.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #45
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Even with a billion dollars Holden couldn't engineer a brand new platform to perform better than one that was going on 10 years old.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #46
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I thought they'd been gluing the firewall in there since the VR days??
I think they have been, why are people surprised about glue used in cars? Its the norm now...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
I think they have been, why are people surprised about glue used in cars? Its the norm now...
I think people are just surprised that glue would be used in an area of the car that readily receives high temperatures. Even when the engine is malfunctioning or being driven hard, there are some very hot surfaces inside the engine bay and vapours from glue can cause a fire risk, as has been the case in some fires.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #48
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's right ltd. Its like using glue to hold the sub-framework together. There's places for glues, Even good glues. But a engine bay? I mean its called a firewall for a reason..... Its only job in life is to keep the stuff in the engine bay out of the cabin area. Knowing that and only that, I wouldn't buy a VE. Granted im not going to sit in a car that's on fire, But there's a chance the flames will be coming through the cab before they start coming out the bonnet.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #49
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69
That's right ltd. Its like using glue to hold the sub-framework together. There's places for glues, Even good glues. But a engine bay? I mean its called a firewall for a reason..... Its only job in life is to keep the stuff in the engine bay out of the cabin area. Knowing that and only that, I wouldn't buy a VE. Granted im not going to sit in a car that's on fire, But there's a chance the flames will be coming through the cab before they start coming out the bonnet.
Right on mate. Doesn't another car, the Lamborgini Murcielago have a firewall that is glued together? Haven't they experienced a whole bunch of fires?

Quote: