Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #31
Miller
It's Millertime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samftr
where did the indimigan enter the roundabout from. realistically you can only enter the roundabout say in the left lane and either take a left or go straight ahead. you cant go any further around then that.
I often get people in the left lane say where you two are trying to turn across in front of me when I am in the middle lane going straight through, on the aptly named "Roundabout From Hell" on Pickering Street in Enoggera... Brisbanites would certainly be able to relate to what I am saying here ;)

He enter from the right hand lane, so he was only able to go straight or right
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #32
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so he entered from the same area you and yo mate did.

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #33
Miller
It's Millertime!

Yeah, sorry, should have been more clear about that one
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #34
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Lita
That's the majority of Cairns drivers though...

Too many bloody tourists, and none of them know the road rules. Hell, even most of the locals are hard pressed to do the right thing
Oh yeah... dont forget the townsville drivers either. Or the drivers who don't know where they are going and become indecisive and swerve around and stuff..
gawd. Merging yeah what about merging!

Felcen!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #35
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Was on a drive to Perth a few weeks ago, i made an exit off the freeway onto the onramp which was only a single lane, i, in effect wanted to do a right turn from the freeway so the ramp exits left then up and right round to the left doing a virtual 180 degree turn and its a blind turn the whole way...i'm halfway round when is spot some old bloke has stopped in the middle of the road looking at a map!! i was so close to hitting him it wasn't funny

How stupid can someome get?!
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The first night I picked up my car some idiot pulled in front of me from a sliplane. I couldn't change lanes because they were taken and I experienced my first full on stop.

Awesome brakes is all I can say. If it had of been my TX5 I would have ended up in the back seat of their car. Just as important to be able to stop quick too!

Seriously why do people pull out in front of others and not put the foot down? It's the least they could do.

Other than that I have had countless others at roundabouts. Yeah the TX5 was silver but I at least had my lights on!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #37
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh another thing I remembered before:
When Townsville got the link road or whatever it is, like a motorway only one lane but *stingy bastards* and as you can imagine there were heaps of people who had never driven on roads like that before - so of course some doodle head decides that the wrong way go back sign should be ignored and go up the exit ramp or in the out hole... and the head on collision that followed suit.... needless to say that driver got fined.

Felcen!
Old 11-03-2007, 02:30 AM   #38
MeLLy

Also...hahah! i was driving down the main road near my house which gives 2 lanes heading towards the city and 2 lanes heading away from the city with a massive medium strip in the middle of them.
I was going towards the city and approaching a break in the medium strip so ppl could turn right or whatever, and from out of no where this car which was heading away from the city comes across the break in the medium strip sliding backwards heading right for my car, i didnt notice right away because i was lookin at a cop car going past me for that split second and my friend screamed and at the last minute i swerved into the right hand turning lane and avoided a big mess, but the sliding car did manage to clip another car on its way over...so i stopped put on my hazard lights and went to comfront the guy and the ppl he hit, turns out he was my friends older brother, so i was a bit more forgiving, he started to tell me how he was speeding when this old guy cut him off so he swerved at the last minute and lost traction and headed into on coming traffic. I still told him off, he almost killed us!...
Now im sure that im finished with telling everyone my stories hahahaha
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post