Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #31
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Pfft, back injury so he cant work?? but him and the mrs can have a kid? Seriously, what a joke...
Spot on, what a dole bludging bugger with a big smile on his face in that news thread !, makes my blood boil too. If he can hump his missus no worries then I recon his back is fine imo.
As far as the children, I'm 36 now and have now kids as I'm only just becoming financialy stable , I'd love to have kids but ....I wouldn't even think of bringing a kid into this world if I couldn't afford it (as has been my situation for a while). Fair enough to those trying and those who need a hand , but ................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr / i'll end it there before i get banned from this site ! .

Seriously, this rubbish had become over my head with stupidity. It almost seems these days that even if your broke with no cash, nowhere to live, nothing to eat etc etc, then you might as well comit a crime and get caught !/ Then goto jail and get free meals , foxtel , internet, sheeze more than the adverage tax payer has !. This system has lowered itself to rewarding people for being lazy and scumbags / what a joke !.... :

:eclipsee_

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 30-05-2009 at 03:23 AM.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 07:02 AM   #32
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

And that he had the nerve to go to the paper and complain about his situation is amazing......I'm not against benefits for people with dissabilities or unemployed but when you are earning more on the benefits than someone busting there backsides for 40 to 50 hours a week, it's just not right.......
Old 30-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #33
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009...ast-ten-years/
He has done some work, he built a vegie garden !!!
Old 30-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #34
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
If he can hump his missus no worries then I recon his back is fine imo.
His problem might be shagger's back :
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #35
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy way to fix him. Small lead pellet in the left side of his head should do it.
I have no issue with people who are disabled getting the pension but the ones
like this who have "back injuries" what a cop out. : :
At the end of the day he can sit on his a$$ and still earn a living and not
be detrimental to his "back injury".
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #36
Stock XR
K Code

What a sook, my back injury put me in a wheelchair 16 years ago. But i still work a full time job 5 days a week. Maybe he should get off his lazy backside & have a go, instead of b*tching & moaning.
Stock XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #37
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Welcome Stock XR nice to have you on board.

Good on you for having a go, it gives me hope that the Nuff Nuffs arent going to outnumber Us normal people !

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #38
BA Baracus
xls

It's a shame that back issues have that automatic stigma of being put on because of some idiots rorting the system. They really can be serious and prevent you from working. It's not always viable to say just get a job sitting down either, I have no idea what this guys specific issue is but in my case my problem is the lowest discs have collapsed and snag and compress the sciatic nerve running all the way down my right leg, sitting for me is the most painful position as it pushes on the nerve and standing is only slightly better. I'm hoping/praying I overcome mine and can continue working being very cautious and over time get better with physio and meds but if that just doesn't go to plan the possibility is there I may not be able to work sitting or standing. That said though this guy is standing and smiling in the photo, I'm sure he'd be capable of at least trying something even if part time from home.

The sex thing is viable though and you can't compare having sex to being mobile enough to travel to a workplace and sit or stand working. I see where the point is coming from but the "if you're good enough to have sex then you're good enough to work" can be a flawed analogy. It's very possible to have careful sex with a stuffed back and unless you're Ron Jeremy it usually doesn't go for hours. I've tested this out in the past The issue isn't that he's good enough to have sex therefore he's fine, it's more that he's chosen to have a child when his wife is also disabled and they're both on benefits so not really in a good position to do so.
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #39
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Maybe the Chasers can do a run around and raise some money for him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-seRHruZs

Old 30-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #40
gtfpv
GT

i'm surprised about the people who automatically accept what they read these days .
i think it may be that most people like to think they arent being rewarded or doing it tougher than others .
behind all of this rage is pure self centred selfishness .
this seems to be the world today . dont believe crap you read .. it just gives you a selfish heart and tends to make you rip off people . as everyone seems toi do these day.
the story is most likely very unfactual.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #41
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a chronic back condition too and I was on the pension for a while but I got up off my butt and retrained ( at my expense) and I am continuing my studies. I am now working again and have been for quite some time. I don't have a problem with them receiveing support what annoys me is the whinging " we need more" and their lack of responsibility RE birth control. I also couldn't belive the comment that the charity provided food was " not good enough quality" people like this make me sick

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #42
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

He would have got other pay outs also if he has kids going to school etc..
He should go to bed with light on.. That would be fairly good birth control !!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #43
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

I'm just going to make a comment on the actual story rather than throw judgements at this guy and his family. I agree that it's not enough. When you take into account house, utilities, travel costs, food, clothing, misc stuff..

And I know it's free money but isn't that the governemnts fault? They give out all these extra benefits such as health care cards to the unemployed yet for some reason think the employed aren't battling just as hard as those who aren't working. Put some blame on them aswell for the way they run the Centrelink system instead of just blaming those who are accepting what they get told they're entitled to *shrugs shoulders*

Nowhere in the story do I see this guy say "stuff working, I'm taking everything I can and loving it" Yes he and the missus aren't working and yes they've got kids but the fact is that they still need money to live, no matter what the situation. And going by what he says they get, I'm sorry but I agree that it's simply not enough. If it's not enough for someone who's not raising kids, how can it be enough for those who are.

Plus I'm sure the media reported it exactly the way they wanted "tax payers" to read it rather than look at the actual issue. Just my opinion.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #44
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
Thi guy can kiss my butt. I have a back injury(got no compo)and cant hold a full time job because of it. And my family of 4 have been living on less than $400 a week for many years.We are not on the dole I do guitar lessons and my wife has a part time job. If I got the amount of cash this guy gets I would be haveing lobster for tea a couple of times a week.
Sorry to hear of your predicament. But unlike the chap in question, you've made do with what you've got, earning what you can.

I take my hat off to you and your family. Unlike this chap who's just itching for more handouts.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #45
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL
I'm just going to make a comment on the actual story rather than throw judgements at this guy and his family. I agree that it's not enough. When you take into account house, utilities, travel costs, food, clothing, misc stuff..

And I know it's free money but isn't that the governemnts fault? They give out all these extra benefits such as health care cards to the unemployed yet for some reason think the employed aren't battling just as hard as those who aren't working. Put some blame on them aswell for the way they run the Centrelink system instead of just blaming those who are accepting what they get told they're entitled to *shrugs shoulders*

Nowhere in the story do I see this guy say "stuff working, I'm taking everything I can and loving it" Yes he and the missus aren't working and yes they've got kids but the fact is that they still need money to live, no matter what the situation. And going by what he says they get, I'm sorry but I agree that it's simply not enough. If it's not enough for someone who's not raising kids, how can it be enough for those who are.

Plus I'm sure the media reported it exactly the way they wanted "tax payers" to read it rather than look at the actual issue. Just my opinion.
If its not enough then why have another child??

People like this clown only think about themselves, they dont think about the kids they are bringing into this world or the fact that some of us kill ourselves to make a living and to pay our taxes so he can sit at home like a gumby and laugh at us..

Truely he built a vegetable garden? His back must be really bad... I feel sorry for the kids involved as they are going to be brought up as bums and will know no better...

What i would like to know is what this guy does during his day? Local RSL on poker machines maybe? Does he smoke and drink?? Truely these stories are a disgrace and shouldnt even be published as they are a true insult to society.

The government is to blame for this... or should i say previous labour governments are to blame for this... :

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 30-05-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #46
Stock XR
K Code

Thanks for the welcome Cant, Being a paraplegic doesn't really slow me down. I'm an active member of the All Ford Club FNQ up here in Cairns. Going back to work wasn't that hard. Work for QLD Health, never had an office job before. Was always a labourer. If people want to they will, medical condition has little to do with it.
Stock XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #47
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My father earned about the same AFTER TAX as these people, and was still able to raise three children.
The different is that my father has learned how to budget and live within his means.
I will say that he has invested money wisely, and never had to borrow.

Some people get a million dollars and blow it within a week. Literally.

This clown is living on over 800 a week. I knew a family of five that lived on 30 grand MAX a year for years. They did not live pretty, but it was just enough.

This person is a clown who has no sense of reality.

Where's the incentive to work.

He should get stuffed, move to China and work in a sweatshop earning his 3 cents an hour, and then he can perhaps develop a sense of reality.

*EDIT* My family has never received discounts on gas, petrol etc and my father is on a lot of medication. No subsidy.

This country rewards unemployment to handsomely to provide an incentive to work.

And as stated before, if you KNOW you cannot afford a third child, then don't bloody well have one.
Some people are morons. Argh!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #48
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
He would have got other pay outs also if he has kids going to school etc..
He should go to bed with light on.. That would be fairly good birth control !!
Probably does, since he's the one who doesn't have to pay for it.
Old 30-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #49
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Jesus, this guy is a bastard. His whole family lives for free! How can he ask for more when neither him nor his wife contribute to the economy? It's been 10 years, surely he has had time to re-train in something that doesn't involve his knee or back. Same with his wife, but he doesn't mention her disability. Let me guess, a sore finger? I could understand if he had some chronic disease... but a sore back from 10 years ago? He could atleast find some part time work. As chopper would say, "harden the **** up".

These people need to be shot. 10 years! Mind boggling.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #50
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm in a similar boat to the guy in question, I recently lost my job through no fault of my own. Except I am actively looking for work, 5 weeks before i lost my job, my missus had my son, he is now 13 weeks old. Currently we are living on $1585 a fortnight in Centrelink payments. That is Baby Bonus, Family Tax Benefit, Parenting payment and I am on DSP. Having a disabilty is no reason not to be searching for work unless it is a major disability.

So anyone who says everyone on a payment is a bludger, not all of us are. BTW Anyone in Brisbane looking for staff?
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #51
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
I'm in a similar boat to the guy in question, I recently lost my job through no fault of my own. Except I am actively looking for work, 5 weeks before i lost my job, my missus had my son, he is now 13 weeks old. Currently we are living on $1585 a fortnight in Centrelink payments. That is Baby Bonus, Family Tax Benefit, Parenting payment and I am on DSP. Having a disabilty is no reason not to be searching for work unless it is a major disability.

So anyone who says everyone on a payment is a bludger, not all of us are. BTW Anyone in Brisbane looking for staff?
I dont think your a bludger... This guys had plenty of time to retrain or get himself into something else.. Hes a ! :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #52
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8

Not everyone on support is a bludger. Many people find that for a time they need help to retrain, or get back on their feet. No problems with such people whatsoever.

There is a mentality that can creep in after a while though, where people think the world owes them a living. People learn to become dependant upon handouts and are often quite happy and shameless to continue to do nothing to improve their situation.

You are clearly not in this catagory. I hope you get some more work soon.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #53
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So many harsh comments. But of course we all know the real story as we are all experts. Regardless of what he wants and whether he can or can't make ends meet, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. It's easy to criticize from afar with the only facts being what you see in the media. All i can say is that if you ever find yourself in the same or a similar situation, you better be prepared for people to cast it your way as you have to this bloke. I'm not saying he's right or wrong. I don't understand his circumstances. I don't care what they are. He's the one who has to deal with it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #54
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont work full time ( lost my job just over 6 months ago )

i did how ever find a part time job to supliment the crap the gov give

i get 400 a fortnight and my wife get's the same plus we ge around 700 a fortnight for 3 kids so we get 1500 a fortnight

we find it hard some times but dont have a sook about it i say the guy need 's to look at what others are getting and look at the big picture not just his little world

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #55
Spudz27
Call me Spud

WOW. I have a serious heart condition (won't detail it but if you knew my history you would wonder how I have survived and be healthy, I need ops for the rest of my life) I work everyday and am also starting training for volunteer ambulance and go to the gym. I could also go on disability if I wanted to. But not earning your money does not feel right. I get less per week than this guy, pay twice as much in rent, have 2 kids, my partner is on maternity leave and is not entitled to much as she has EARNED money this last financial year. Even in the new financial year C-Link deem my wage to be sufficient to support everyone, which is less than this joke of a human. I still have enough money left to comfortably have foxtel, decent net connection, pay the utilities, look to finance a car and even then still have money at the end of each fortnight. How he can't live off that is beyond me. The system is flawed. I earn less but it is sufficient according to them to not warrant any money for the mrs, yet this guy can get that amount of money.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #56
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I bet he still has a huge plasma, PS3, home entertainment system and DVD player!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #57
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The majority of responses here are blaming the guy for getting what the Gov is giving to him. The point that is not mentioned anywhere is the system that allows that happen.
The current system recognizes that you cannot live on less than ~$40k/year and ensures that anyone that is out of work whether through their own fault or not, does have this sum of money in order to survive.
All well and good, however where it fails is the inequity.
Those that cannot work get ~$1600.00/fortnight yet those that make an effort, go to work and earn that amount of money are taxed to death.
Just work out how much tax one with a $43k salary has to pay.
Then look at the person that gets that much for doing nothing.
Why the inequality? Why not raise the tax free threshold to the same amount?
I thinks that may be the underlying reason that so much resent is shown here, not that he is actually getting the money.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #58
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i'm surprised about the people who automatically accept what they read these days .
i think it may be that most people like to think they arent being rewarded or doing it tougher than others .
behind all of this rage is pure self centred selfishness .
this seems to be the world today . dont believe crap you read .. it just gives you a selfish heart and tends to make you rip off people . as everyone seems toi do these day.
the story is most likely very unfactual.
Not really. I know plenty of people like this.

Lazy selfish inbred scum. Just him complaining about not having enough financial support and then knocking his sister up again is proof that he is nothing more than scum.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #59
balthazarr

:

$1,600+ a fortnight, for lazing around doing nothing... factor in the concessions that he'd get - gas, electricity, water, council rates, public transport, medications, etc., and this lazy mofo is earning more than I am.

It's not enough? The heart bleeds.

"Get a job. Do some work like the rest of us." - Paul Keating.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
balthazarr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #60
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Its like driving a car/ you need a licence to do it.
AKA
Its like having kids/ you SHOULD have a licence to do it !

Bet his parents are regreting that decision.

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post