Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #31
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Used to be on Telstra's 12GB Liberty 1500/256kbps ADSL plan, $70 a month, now I'm on Internode's 1500/256 kbps ADSL plan, $70 a month, with 40GB downloads, uploads arent counted either. Plus, Internode has more gaming servers, which is another plus for me.
Thats two of us. I took the home phone as well. No more drop outs and a faster service AND there are Aussies on the other end of the service line :
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #32
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
Funny thing is that the ISP's that sublet it are still better value that the offerings from Telstra Bigpond themselves.
True, but it's still a premium over the standard pricing from said ISP.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #33
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Telstra: We're not happy until you're not happy

3 months chasing up my rebate for the wireless modem and 6 more weeks to get a replacement for the first broken one. all the while i have no internet and am paying the bill, they are lodging usage too.
So they send me a bag to put the old one in to send back. easy done. a week later i get another bag...
So i have nothing to put in it, and get a bill for $500 because i didnt return this modem!
What gets me, is they blatently lie to you on the phone. saying something is all done when it isnt.

But i have learnt, and this works every time, when you have to say your phone number to the auto thingy, if you swear at it... they put you straight through to an 'operator'

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #34
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Yep, Telstra may have over 70,000 employees but it still ain't the best for customer satisfaction, whether it's TEG or TB.

Recently, CEO David Thodey (met him and he's a straight-shooting bloke) admitted that Telstra needs to lift their game in the customer satisfaction dept.

Here's his own words in a letter to the TIO (Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman)...

"To put it simply, I am disappointed with Telstra's results. There has been a substantial improvement in some respects of Telstra's performance during the period of the campaign and our performance on the data in the TIO's "Progress Summary" is better than the performance for the industry over the same period. However, we need to do much better and we are focused on ensuring that we do this."

I work in TEG (Telstra Enterprise & Govt) and we get around 2200 email requests a day. Everything from Bigpond applications to handwritten letters from unhappy customers.

There are a LOT of dedicated hard-working folks here but I think overall, Telstra can do better...much better!

By the way, my mobile plan is with Optus and my ISP...iiNet Ltd.

But don't tell Mr Thodey!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #35
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Telstra: We're not happy until you're not happy

3 months chasing up my rebate for the wireless modem and 6 more weeks to get a replacement for the first broken one. all the while i have no internet and am paying the bill, they are lodging usage too.
So they send me a bag to put the old one in to send back. easy done. a week later i get another bag...
So i have nothing to put in it, and get a bill for $500 because i didnt return this modem!
What gets me, is they blatently lie to you on the phone. saying something is all done when it isnt.

But i have learnt, and this works every time, when you have to say your phone number to the auto thingy, if you swear at it... they put you straight through to an 'operator'
yep. oogabugullo works well too
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #36
XAGSV8
Member 178

Telstra, never ever will go back to them. Eight months ago I moved from Rockhampton to the Sunshine Coast which is about 550km's apart. I disconnected my home phone and Internet in Rocky and reconnected with Netspace at my Sunshine Coast home. Telstra never disconnected me in Rockhampton and connected me on the Sunshine Coast without my permission. Their connection at the Sunshine Coast override my Netspace connection which I then had to pay to be fixed. The person at my old address then proceeded to rack up a phone bill and I contacted Telstra three more times to disconnect it, nothing happened. Telstra then proceeded to start threatening me with debt collectors when I told them I did not intend to pay the bill. During one of my calls to Telstra I explained that I could not have made the calls as I lived 550kms away, this was their complaints department and they told me I was lying. Eventually I got the TIO involved who wipped my bill clean. I believe I have been disconnected now with Telstra but they are still sending me bills once a month that are in credit asking me to pay up. I was always a good customer to them as when I was connected I always paid my bills on time. This issue took a good 5 months to clear the debt but I am worried next time I get a home loan again they have tarnished my good credit rating.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia

Last edited by XAGSV8; 02-09-2009 at 11:36 PM.
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #37
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxikXR6
hm, surprisingly Optus have been great with our phone and wireless internet.
i have a shack where Telstra does not reach.. Optus does, and when i told them i wanted a good deal from switching from Telstra to get a better signal they were great, no problems with wireless either!
Optus is good enough for me. They gave me 4 months free when they failed to make an appointment in fitting the internet cable thingy.

Two months ago I get a loud knock on the door at midday Saturday. This knock was loud and it kept going on and on for a while. My 14 month old wasn't feeling good at the time and was having his sleep, and I thought this better be an emergency otherwise someone's getting ripped a new one....

Guess who it was? Telstra 'Customer Service'. I can't post what happened after he told me that.
Old 30-10-2009, 04:05 AM   #38
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok myself and telstra are officialy divorced. yahoo !. i have i high level of patience but telstra decided to push the boundarys and it backfired. they were politely informed where to send the next to.

telstra. 1500/256 5gb p/m $70. l/line $23.95 p/m. engin $10 p/m(plus calls)

iinet. last speedtest 5mps+. 8g peak 8g offpeak and voip chucked in as well.

total per month 59.95 ?

sorry telstra . i tried to stay loyal but you scr5wed this one up all by yourself.

p/s dont let the door slam on your overpriced a55 on the way out.

bye bye telstra gonna miss you NOT !
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #39
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old lady asked me to change internet companies (previously with telstra big pond of crud) at their house so I went through all the usual etc, it took them a full week to remove the internet codes off the phone line in order for the new company (TPG) to have theirs put on for internet access. It wasn't too big a deal but still. Have heard a few other stories, and I couldnt believe how expensive these guys were to get the mobile I have now on a decent plan. Ended up going with Optus which turned out to be alot better (money wise). The only issue I have is going out in the sticks, but I barely go out so it's not a huge problem. The way I see it if you don't mind forking out alot of your hard earned on phones etc etc or spend lots of time in the bush go with Telstra otherwise there are plenty of other companies that will cater for your needs.
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #40
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I left Telstra and went to Vodafone. In a conundrum now, they sponsor those traitorous lot
What's Vodafone like? I'm with 3, been with them for YEARS, but have heard they have just bought out 3 and taking them over. Just wandering whether you are happy with their plans?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #41
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no problems with Telstra, I've dealt with most other phone providers and I must say, Telstra would be the pick of them. Mind you, I always get actual Australian's answer the phone and end up chatting with the operator.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door

Last edited by GT69; 30-10-2009 at 04:57 PM.
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #42
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Other then internet dropouts due to them servicing it somewhere in the area i seriously haven't had any personal problems with Telstra at all.

I must be a lucky one
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #43
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I'm with Telstra for my mobile, pretty well purely for the coverage on the odd occasion I do head away road tripping. I also have family out in the middle of nowhere near Ceduna, and when I was with 3 I never had coverage when I'd go visit them, get back into Adelaide to a hundred messages. Now I'm on Next G, I get coverage out there.

Never really had any issues with them as such with my mobile.

However I would blatantly REFUSE to use them as a broadband provider, what they provide is nothing compared to other providers (such as Adam who I'm with now, and even Internode).
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #44
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
What's Vodafone like? I'm with 3, been with them for YEARS, but have heard they have just bought out 3 and taking them over. Just wandering whether you are happy with their plans?
i have been using Vodafone for my mobile for about 10 years and i cant say i`ve ever had any problems with them.
my accounts have always been right and the few times i have had to call them to enquire about something they have been very helpfull.

their coverage in the bush is not as good as next-g but works along most main highways.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #45
zdcol71
zdcol71

given the general trend of this thread, my horror stories with telstra won't lift the tone any, all I have to say about them is "come the revolution, they will be the first against the wall"!!!!
Old 30-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #46
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Used to be on Telstra's 12GB Liberty 1500/256kbps ADSL plan, $70 a month, now I'm on Internode's 1500/256 kbps ADSL plan, $70 a month, with 40GB downloads, uploads arent counted either. Plus, Internode has more gaming servers, which is another plus for me.
Im on iprimus adsl 8000/256 with 80G limit 40/peak, 40/off peak $70 a month, been with them for years, couldnt be happier. Optus with mobiles, always have been. Primus with home phone as well, $49/month which includes line rental and $49 worth of calls, not a bad deal. Oh and yes i dont use telstra at all, why would you? I know i cant avoid them 100% but i can certainly try.
smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #47
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My mother is a complaints manager for an external company that deals exclusively with Telstra (yes, you read correctly, they even outsource their complaints), basically she deals with the "im going to A Current Affair, Today Tonight, The ABC, Telecommunication Ombudsmen, MSN, the forums I frequent, The NRL Tribunal, your grandmother nursing home, the grave of your pet dog etc etc."

One of the worst was where this guy was going to personally SUE her for a landline that hadn't been connected for his mother, turns out no Telstra cables even went to her street, and when he asked for one to be put in Telstra didn't even give two stuffs and told him it wasn't their issue and refused all responsibility... after a lengthy "its not our problem" phone-tennis match between the council and Telstra, he finally gets fed up (which I would be too), and then proceeds to unload on my old lady.

All im saying is spare a thought for the people who you're yelling at for the record, our phones and internet are with Optus, we refuse to even have the perks they offer, which is sweet-f-all mind you. The title of this thread should changed to "telstra IS A joke" :P
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #48
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok. i,ve given it 15 hrs. thought i might post it in the joke forum but here goes.

* Telstra trying to improve customer service
* Wants to have top ranking in service in 2012
* CEO calls service critical for success

DID this man just accept Australia's toughest assignment?

Outgoing Tabcorp executive Robert Nason has signed on for the unenviable task of leading Telstra's push to reverse its pitiful customer service record.

Mr Nason will have three years to deliver what his new boss, Telstra chief executive David Thodey, so dauntlessly declared last week - that Telstra will have the top customer service and customer satisfaction ranking in the industry before the end of 2012.

Aside from improving customer service, Mr Nason will be tasked with creating an operating committee comprising the heads of customer-facing and product units that will meet weekly and focus on business performance.

Mr Nason spent more than three years as the managing director of Tabcorp's wagering division and leaves the company on a significant high having delivered its best spring racing carnival operational performance on record.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

* NBN: Fast broadband, hard sell

* Thodey refreshes top ranks The Australian, 1 day ago
* Kramer quits Telstra Courier Mail, 1 day ago
* Thodey picks outsider The Australian, 1 day ago
* Hockey packs his baggage Daily Telegraph, 1 day ago
* Telstra chief dials 000 Perth Now, 1 day ago

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Mr Thodey has talked incessantly about Telstra's need to revive its tattered public image, severely eroded by his predecessor Sol Trujillo, and make customer service a priority.

During Mr Trujillo's four-year reign, customer complaints rose 300 per cent.

"Robert will bring to Telstra a wealth of experience that will help us improve customer service and satisfaction a critical element of our strategy for success and growth in the market," Mr Thodey said yesterday.

Telstra also announced the creation of three new business units yesterday, with a fixed-line unit to be headed by Justin Milne, a wireless and mobile unit to be headed by Philip Jones, and an international unit headed by Tarek Robbiati.http://www.news.com.au/business/tels...-1225805564701.

sorry havent figured out how to do links etc yet but if you can find it have a read of the comments. it reaffirms my attitude towards them
Old 02-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #49
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Well after approximately 6yrs I thought Its Time for change. I still can’t believe I did it.
Last weekend at about 7.30 pm on Saturday I opened my door for Telstra SalesGirl.

We spoke for little while and she went on with her sales spell (I let her hehe). Not long in conversation she realised I knew about Telstra and its Plans more then she did!

What she was offering was beyond believe so I asked all the right questions to make sure I wasn't being lied to and she wasn't just blowing hot air to get the Sale.

Offer was a Package - Homeline Ultimate Incl BigPond for $109 a month. There is Also Homeline Together as well I think for about $89.

Reason for going to HomeLine Ultimate – My $109 will give me:

$189 Credit towards my bill to payoff my existing contract! - This also helped her with the sale
25GB of Downloads with no Peak/Off Peak Periods – This is what sealed the Deal
Unlimited Local Calls
Unlimited STD Calls and – This also helped her with the sale
Caller ID and Message Bank at no extra cost!

I Called Telstra today to confirm everything that was promised and it all looks good.

Customer Service – Well a lot has changed in the last couple of yrs since I left Telstra
Yeh I was employee lol
My call was answered within 2 Minutes and customer service Rep was really helpful too.
When I said to the Rep that I’m actually very surprised the call got answered in within 2 minutes she replied “We have great focus to improve Customer Service”

Important thing to grasp from this is, Telstra have come to know Now how distant they have been with customers and although in my time I did a lot to save many Hundreds of customers its about time Telstra taking collaborative approach toward customer service.

I hope have made the right decision and Telstra stays in my good books.

Cheers
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #50
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
Well after approximately 6yrs I thought Its Time for change. I still can’t believe I did it.
Last weekend at about 7.30 pm on Saturday I opened my door for Telstra SalesGirl.

We spoke for little while and she went on with her sales spell (I let her hehe). Not long in conversation she realised I knew about Telstra and its Plans more then she did!

What she was offering was beyond believe so I asked all the right questions to make sure I wasn't being lied to and she wasn't just blowing hot air to get the Sale.

Offer was a Package - Homeline Ultimate Incl BigPond for $109 a month. There is Also Homeline Together as well I think for about $89.

$189 Credit towards my bill to payoff my existing contract! - This also helped her with the sale
Unlimited Local Calls

I Called Telstra today to confirm everything that was promised and it all looks good.

Customer Service – Well a lot has changed in the last couple of yrs since I left Telstra
Yeh I was employee lol
My call was answered within 2 Minutes and customer service Rep was really helpful too.
When I said to the Rep that I’m actually very surprised the call got answered in within 2 minutes she replied “We have great focus to improve Customer Service”

Important thing to grasp from this is, Telstra have come to know Now how distant they have been with customers and although in my time I did a lot to save many Hundreds of customers its about time Telstra taking collaborative approach toward customer service.

I hope have made the right decision and Telstra stays in my good books.

Cheers
The lousy buggers!! If they do it for you then why don't they do it for the rest of us?? They still don't seem to understand customer loyalty so I am glad I ditched them home, two mobiles and ADSL
Old 02-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #51
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just my 2c.

I'm the national IT Manager for one of Australia's largest printing organisations and I have to deal with Telstra very often indeed. Every outage and every change is a struggle as the communication between staff their end is absolutely shocking.

Service is very hard to get and often changes get forgotten, lost in their systems and I've even had requests finished off then a week down the track get a call from a Telstra representative who still sees the case as being open?
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #52
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Never had an issue with Telstra, although it does help having a brother in-law who works there.

Optus on the other hand...

My sister is quite high up in telstra and even she cant get good service .
Took her 3 days to get her mobile activated . resulted in a couple people losing the jobs .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #53
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry but I have to defend Telstra on one point . yes their wireless internet and mobile plans are more expensive but you have to remember that they cover a lot more of australia than the others. This infrastructure is not cheap so you pay a premium price for a service that will work in far more locations. I hear you say I don't go bush , but they are forced to charge the same for all subscribers and they have to pay back their massive investment ( forced upon them by the federal governement befrore they could shutdown CDMA) I use the next g network in locations that people on other networks can only dream of

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #54
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I just changed to prepaid Telstra NextG mobile and I have full reception inside my house, with Optus its only usually 1 bar, every full moon, when the stars have aligned and you're doing a handstand while out on the driveway in your pyjamas trying to send a text message.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #55
rhysieboyy

hahaha jeez telstra we changed our internet from optus to them and they said that they will disconnect our old internet and set it up within 48hrs 2 weeks later and 3 hour phone call and a few rude words and it was sorted
rhysieboyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #56
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just for sh*ts and giggles i had a phone call from telstra this morning asking if i was interested in a new plan,phone etc !. the poor guy (i wasnt rude) didnt know what to say in between my laughing,saying your kidding,more laughter,no thank you etc. i,m on telstra,s hate list but they keep trying. : . surely they must be getting splinters under there fingernails by now by scraping the bottom of the barrel

telstra
Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #57
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg

Unlimited Local Calls

We are on the $99 Optus fusion which includes:
*20gb downloads on optus cable. no peak/off peak
*line rental
*unlimited local std and calls to any mobile
*voicemail & caller id

Haven't had much of a experience with Telstra. We have always used Optus and never really had a problem. Only whinge is perhaps the overseas call centres but I can understand them and it doesn't really bother me.

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
sd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #58
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1800
We are on the $99 Optus fusion which includes:
*20gb downloads on optus cable. no peak/off peak
*line rental
*unlimited local std and calls to any mobile
*voicemail & caller id

Haven't had much of a experience with Telstra. We have always used Optus and never really had a problem. Only whinge is perhaps the overseas call centres but I can understand them and it doesn't really bother me.
Certainly aware of this plan - Correct me if I'm Wrong my understanding is * Unlimited Calls to any "GSM" Mobile.
Most mobile phones are now and in future will be on 3g or Next-G as Telstra calls it.

Although Telstra at times has Issues and having worked for them I can say its not "always" entirely there Fault. As customers we need to take some responsibility as aswell.

I would always choose Telstra over Optus for various reasons - At least Telstra is Keeping Call Centres/Jobs in Aus and have no plans to move overseas.

** Always read the fine prints and PDS when signing contracts doesn't matter what type of product/service **
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #59
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1800
I think there product is good it is only when you ask for help or assistance that problems commence.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #60
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mate used to work for them back in the telecom days. he said the best part of the job was getting to take the van home at night and the worst part was doing any work lol
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post