Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #31
Wink

Yeah they do use them up here in QLD. I have only seen when the BF F6 was 270, high way patrol cars use to be them. Soon as the FG XR6T came out with 270 they swapped to that. I think the F6 310 might be a bit over kill, but never know I suppose. I have driven unmarked FG cars at work. There is a lot getting sold as well..
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #32
fg_nitro

How do they hold up wink? Are they getting sold be cause of problems or just high rollers?
fg_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #33
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They've never kept them for very long. I remember 2 years ago at the local maccas at night. The undercovers would line up all of their XR8's and XR6T's (about 6 or 7 of them) when their shift would change. Never seen them there since.. They're all driving bloody lancers around here now
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #34
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
^Adrenaline,

Do you mean the MF cars based out of Eagle vale? Or are some basing out of the actual MF station?
2 are based at Eagle Vale and the rest are at Macquarie Fields as that is the LAC for the area. But don't think that they are just in that area, as I have seen them around Hornsby and on the F3 as well.
Unlike general duties, highway patrol have no set area
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #35
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
Unlike general duties, highway patrol have no set area
Incorrect. Each highway patrol is attached to a particular LAC however they can be deployed on special operations elsewhere in the state - eg Kuring gai cars used out at the Bathurst 1000 etc. These types of operations are not frequent.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #36
dannyxm
was danny888

They do the rounds around the Macarthur area dont they?!

There is a lime green (sorry dont know the name of the colour) F6 doing a lot of miles up Camden Valley Way where i go see family. Spends a lot of time in Camden. Not sure if its from Camden / Mac Fields.
Old 22-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #37
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
^Adrenaline,
I live down the road and havn't seen you car, but if I did I'd probably crap myself as the unmarked XR6Ts run F6 18s, and there is a dark blue one getting around aswell.
I've seen that dark blue one too, easy to spot though - with all its aerials it could probably transmit to the space station. I've also seen your car going around Ingleburn a few times.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #38
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmelon
I've seen an orange F6 parked at the northbound slip lane from the old highway to the F6 at Waterfall- totally out of sight of the freeway traffic in a northerly direction but perfectly positioned to be seen when southbound. They radar you as you come past then take off from behind you..
YES!!!! Where it drops from 110 to 80 and they sit behind those trees about 20 metres after the speed limit changes. Came past it about 3 weeks ago and saw the sign for 80 so was letting it coast down to 80 but when i went past the copper was prob still doing 90 or 95. Completely sh.t myself.

Was very thankful they didn't come after me but i thought what a bunch of sneaky ************. It was also a F6. Blue one i think.

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
sd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #39
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I've seen that dark blue one too, easy to spot though - with all its aerials it could probably transmit to the space station. I've also seen your car going around Ingleburn a few times.
I'll have to keep a better eye out. Usually any Ford with shinny wheels or dumped catches my attention pretty quick.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #40
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
From what I've heard there were 12 FG F6s bought by NSW for highway duties in the "Operation Taipan" squad; 6 of these 12 cars were then later deployed elsewhere, with Taipan running the other 6 F6s nearly 24hrs a day. I have on good advice they have an absolute stack of KM on the odos and significant wear & tear of the interior with the usual glock induced seat damage.

For interstaters - Taipan is a special unit within NSW Highway patrol which isn't directly assigned to a particular station or region. They are based out near eastern creek but are often deployed to various areas of Sydney or NSW for high visibility crack-downs.

Cant confirm numbers but everything else is correct.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post