Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #31
CFOUR
The Destroyer

I miss monster garage. They did 5 seasons but only released season 1 on DVD.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #32
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Wheeler Dealers is great except for the portly Mike brewer who harps on a fair old bit. gotta love discovery turbo max

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:40 AM   #33
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrules
Wheeler Dealers is great except for the portly Mike brewer who harps on a fair old bit. gotta love discovery turbo max
yeh except for all the bloody ads every 5min
:

in a way sad to see AC go... i really enjoyed the show more for the fabrication side of things and learning things too, preferred their earlier stuff when they had to actually hand cut something by hand with a grinder or hacksaw, now they lazy n do it with a flowjet or CNC, it is cool, but boring after a while.... i waaaay prefer biker build off personally, AC only seem to build bikes for these huge companys and all seem to be just done on a computer, cutout with a flowjet and bunged together, then in a later episode u see one of the choppers they did for a company sitting in a corner of the workshop, go figure... too much trickwizardry for a chopper IMO.... will miss the Sr Jr hissyfits... really made the show to start off with.

be interested to see how far OCC will actually go now without discovery channel and if the company will still exist in yrs to come....

+1 for rick havin awesome skills

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
be interested to see how far OCC will actually go now without discovery channel and if the company will still exist in yrs to come....
That's the thing... I'm thinking that a large part of their success was that they were bordering on a 1 hour infomercial on whoever they were building a bike for. Now, they'll have to be able to sell their high cost bikes without all the exposure. Things could get a lot quieter from now on in.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #35
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Well we heard inside scoops a couple of weeks ago. We were just there 2 weeks ago (the new shop). The Mrs. used to go to school with Vinnie D, Jnr was a year below the Mrs.
Jnr is suing Snr. Snr wanted to buy him out, but Jnr didn't want that as he would have felt done over.

The show dramatically changed when Jnr and Snr had that massive fallout where he fired Jnr. It wasn't worth watching at all after that.
I am very surprised they lasted that long, as in I thought the "axe" would have fallen 1-2 years ago.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #36
Wally
XP Coupe

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/amer...-the-road.html
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #37
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is funny how things turn full circle.

My Mrs just found this an the net.

Vinie DiMartino with his own shop and young Cody working for him.

http://www.vforcecustoms.com/

Also a new show featuring them as well. Hope it doesn't go balls up. Vinnie did seem to be a bit more grounded than the Teutels
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #38
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

not a surprise i didnt see it lasting after jnr and mickey left.

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #39
gocruzin
Ford tragic

I think the series went south at season 3 just like what everyone else has said, It was more about the fighting than building bikes.

And they would drag every fight out with everyone in the shop putting their two cents in and repeating themselves three times, then there would be a bit of welding and another fight and more talking then a finished bike. LAME!
Old 16-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #40
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To me the bike's were over done/try hard.. Episode i seen they done a bike for some dude's in Dubai i think it was.. Covered in eagle claw's and a set of try hard eagle handle bar's.. Looked silly as, they sent it back try again ya OCC clown's..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #41
xr6turboford

Good show for the first few seasons them became same sh....t different episode.
To much of this ing_sm and this :lookedat:
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #42
XTRMGT
Starter Motor

Great show to start out with but once the fame got big so did the heads
and ego's.
The bikes also seem to be going down hill aswel, Paul Jnr and Mikey made the show tho,
XTRMGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #43
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After watching a few episodes of AC, it became only too apparent that this new breed of reality TV was nothing more than a drama.

You only have to watch one of the real motorcycle programmes, where you see the one or two blokes build a bike from start finish, and have it documented and presented appropriately (eg; Biker Build Off and the like.) where real talent is showcased and to an extent art takes place.

After having seen how the crew at OCC kept churning out the same effectively unridable and almost entirely machine made chassis' and then stuffing them with brand name bits out of boxes......nothing custom about that..... your average Joe can do the same in his shed. The show just didn't appeal to anyone who knew any more than a shallow understanding about design or creation of motorcycles.

For me, now, the best motorcycle and chopper design isn't coming from the USA at all. It's Europe for the win.
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #44
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

The family bust up fights made the show. The bikes came second.

With the new store, a lot of merchandise is on the "clearance" line, because they are having a few issues (downturn, as well as Snr and Jnr squabbling after the business).
They should have kept the old merchandise shop but business is business, it looks very squaled now, even derlict at the old merchandise shop site.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #45
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
The family bust up fights made the show. The bikes came second.

With the new store, a lot of merchandise is on the "clearance" line, because they are having a few issues (downturn, as well as Snr and Jnr squabbling after the business).
They should have kept the old merchandise shop but business is business, it looks very squaled now, even derlict at the old merchandise shop site.
The loss of the show can only hurt the shop, not help it - that's aside from whatever pay they were getting by being on camera. There's nothing particularly innovative about their designs and the only real fabrication on most of their bikes was the tank. As I suggested earlier, I'm sure the reason a lot of the clients they had for wanting one of their bikes was that it was essentially a 1hr informercial on their own business.

I religiously watched it due to the squabbles and fartarsing about in the shop which I found a lot more interesting than I did their builds. That 57 Chev bike was probably one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen.

Won't really miss the show the way it tapered off. Don't care about Jr's business and Sr was just an ugly person to watch. Watchable with the three in the shop, unwatchable without it.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #46
snowcone

Every bike they did was just a clone of the one before it. Frame out of a box. Motor out of a crate. Even the customised guards and tanks usually started off the shelf and were then rejigged to make then slightly different from the one before it. They were virtually all rigid frames so you couldn't really ride them far or for long. They showed no innovation compared to the builders on Biker Build Off. When I saw that Jr was doing his own thing I figured it must have been some new publicity angle they were working on.
Vinnie did all the work early on and then Rick has been doing the rest. Snr only slowed the process down and really has some mental issues.

Speaking on the other car mod shows, it was no surprise when Boyd Coddington died because he always had that not well look about him. He used to get ****ed off when Foose was ever mentioned. Wasn't just Charlie that changed sides, but Mike too.
snowcone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #47
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

The snap-on bike is my choice for the best made

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #48
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcone
Wasn't just Charlie that changed sides, but Mike too.
I liked American Hot Rod, but I soon got over it cause that moron Duane just kept pushing good talent out of the factory. He was by far the biggest tool in the shop.
The only people that stayed were the ones that were higher up the chain (Roy) and Bernt cause I bet he didnt understand most of the insults that were dealt to him from the tongue of Duane.