Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Thats a bit like saying why are you on Ford forums when you dont even drive one??

People have opinions that is fine, not all of us are one eyed, Ive always test driven holdens nearly every time ive bought a new car, but always prefer the Ford. My next work car may be a holden tho as im over narrow Ford seats!!
Not all that owned really, I still have my BA2 although I haven't driven it since...umm...yesterday. I just don't own any FPVs at the moment.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #32
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
And if the "E3" series fails, then don't worry as they have thought that through.

I posted those up a while back aswell, don't know where the thread got to though...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #33
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Holden people will love whatever HSV do
I'm only speaking for myself, but I haven't always loved everything that HSV has ever done. I don't like VN/VP HSVs, and the current E2 has too much "bling" for my liking.

Although truth be told I prefer HDTs (The real Brock ones. Not the new generation stuff) to HSVs.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #34
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

HSV's good cars, with ugly faces.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #35
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia Chaser
I posted those up a while back aswell, don't know where the thread got to though...
I've heard they were done by HSV and "accidently" leaked by them to stir up the journos.

But all HSV really need to do is a new sticker graphic and wallah...a NEW model (think 20th anniv model as an example!)
Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #36
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

I think HSV have done the right thing with the E2, It stands out like dogs balls from a standard commodore, its a hero car its in its own class, the FPV series looks far too much like an XR6 for my liking. I havent the funds to buy either an FPV or HSV but if i did I would buy the HSV just because it does everything a car in that class should do.

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba
I disagree. As a CAR ENTHUSIAST (as opposed to only utilizing one eye with respect to brand loyalty) I can appreciate a nice car when I see one. Even when it comes from the red camp. On that note, the original E-series were a nice car. The current model however........... not so pretty.....
Agree with you here - a mate's dad has an E2 GTS and it is much more fun to drive than any current Ford product. Looks are a different department but there are numerous Ford models I hate the look of too.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #38
SVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
I think HSV have done the right thing with the E2, It stands out like dogs balls from a standard commodore, its a hero car its in its own class, the FPV series looks far too much like an XR6 for my liking. I havent the funds to buy either an FPV or HSV but if i did I would buy the HSV just because it does everything a car in that class should do.
now see, thats an issue, they tout them as Express Euro rivals yet they stand out like dogs balls! thats why i can't see them as a euro rival, no where near as much as the FPV offerings.
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #39
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Some people like Fords, some like Holden. But as said above, the E2 stands out like crazy and is an attention grabbing vehicle that does exactly what a car in that class should do, get people to look twice.

I'm sorry to say this on a Ford Forum, but the FPVs don't do that for me.

Well said.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #40
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

I cant see it being a euro rival at all, for one thing to buy a Benz or BMW of equal spec or class you could buy close to 3 HSVs and still afford to pay for a service, Euro class they arent, HERO they are, and lets face it there are very few affordable Hero cars on the market

The beginning is near!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #41
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
...Except look good.

I appreciate the balls HSV have and the way they have made their cars stand out from the regular Holden models, it is definitely something i'd like to see FPV try. The problem is though the E2 is a styling disaster; yes looks are subjective and some people like the new look but it doesn't even work with the VEs shape. Everything clashes, proportions are wrong, the shape doesn't flow and it all looks chucked on like an aftermarket 'rice' bodykit.

Has anybody seen many E2's on the road? Do HSV still sell E1's? I barely see any E2's around and i've yet to find anyone (in person) who has said they like the look of the new HSV range.

If FPV did what HSV have done looks wise i'd say it would just about be the end of them. That is a big part of the reason they play it safe and tasteful. However they really do need new bodykits (rear bars especially) and NEW WHEELS if they want their cars to sell. If the new V8 goes in and they don't change the styling it will take a big hit on business.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #42
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
E3 will just get the updated dash.. They will have some unhappy customers if they do too much, E2 isnt even 12 month old!

I am not certain this thought process is entertained at HSV all that often.

The LPG thing will be interesting to watch. I guess it’s a bit like the Eco boost four from Ford.

When it comes down to it it’s just another alternative for people that are starting to hurt with fuel. It gives those consumers another option instead of leaving the brand for a cheaper running alternative. I could see current owner that live in large cities that don't do much more than commuting embrace this development if it doesn't send the message that they have sold out. The HSV brand image with a mix of social acceptance will appeal to some of that I have no doubt.

The interior fix has been a long time coming. Dated from inception and of questionable quality for mine, but yet they still did something better that what Ford currently do.

The HSV owners I know who have E1s don’t like the E2 appearance. I think it’s growing on them but it’s too much for even their eyes. It tries too hard but like most modern cars colour choice makes a big difference.

If I had to buy a HSV it would be the E2 GTS. Function over form for me. The E2 GTS is a step up no matter what people think about its appearance.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #43
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Some people like Fords, some like Holden. But as said above, the E2 stands out like crazy and is an attention grabbing vehicle that does exactly what a car in that class should do, get people to look twice..
Given it's price premium over the standard product, ii have to agree. why pay all that extra for a glorified Falcon/Commodore. it needs to be unique enough to justify it's existance.

Last edited by aussie muscle; 02-07-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: fix quote
aussie muscle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #44
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
I am not certain this thought process is entertained at HSV all that often.

The LPG thing will be interesting to watch. I guess it’s a bit like the Eco boost four from Ford.

When it comes down to it it’s just another alternative for people that are starting to hurt with fuel. It gives those consumers another option instead of leaving the brand for a cheaper running alternative. I could see current owner that live in large cities that don't do much more than commuting embrace this development if it doesn't send the message that they have sold out. The HSV brand image with a mix of social acceptance will appeal to some of that I have no doubt.

The interior fix has been a long time coming. Dated from inception and of questionable quality for mine, but yet they still did something better that what Ford currently do.

The HSV owners I know who have E1s don’t like the E2 appearance. I think it’s growing on them but it’s too much for even their eyes. It tries too hard but like most modern cars colour choice makes a big difference.

If I had to buy a HSV it would be the E2 GTS. Function over form for me. The E2 GTS is a step up no matter what people think about its appearance.
Having looked at a Black E2 GTS Demo with a friend of mine last week they are alot of car for the money, very well apointed inside (not 100% on fit & finish.).

One thing HSV needs to stop is the Yellow Calipers & Silver/Yellow wheel centre caps cheepened the look of an otherwise stunning car, with Red Calpiers even i would have liked it.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I cant see it being a euro rival at all, for one thing to buy a Benz or BMW of equal spec or class you could buy close to 3 HSVs and still afford to pay for a service, Euro class they arent, HERO they are, and lets face it there are very few affordable Hero cars on the market
Spot on, no HSV will ever be a euro rival. Yeah sure you get more bang for buck with a HSV as you stated buy comparing a euro of the same price, but if you are comparing power for power HSV arent even in the same league. then we get started with the looks, if you compare the same euro ie M3, RS4 or even S4 they arent 'in ya face' like the HSV's. But for function the HSV does it very well for the money you pay. That might change in a few months time with that howling i can hear
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #46
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a funny thing cmparing the Euro's to HSV/FPV style wise. Most AMG's and M cars are very undersated and are very similiar to the cars that they are based on, though FPV get critised for not looking different enough to their Falcon counterparts.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #47
FG envy
Starter Motor

I find this funny. I have been on Holden forums and now I'm on a Ford forum. They knock you, you knock them. I have had 3 HSV's (VX Clubby, VY2 Senator and VE GTS) and now I am driving an FG G6 on gas. Wife got sick and we needed cash. When we get back on our feet financially I'll probably keep the FG and look for an XT GT or similar classic again (had a Springtime Yellow auto XT GT in the early 80's).
I buy cars because I like cars, not becasue its Holden or Ford, just what takes my fancy at the time or what my needs are at the time. I've had Toyotas, Hondas, Alfas and Mazdas as well over the years. I just like cars and like talking cars.
FG envy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #48
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
Its a funny thing cmparing the Euro's to HSV/FPV style wise. Most AMG's and M cars are very undersated and are very similiar to the cars that they are based on, though FPV get critised for not looking different enough to their Falcon counterparts.
I've often wondered the same thing.
I love the understated looks of an AMG or M3/5, but it does breed wannabe's that believe in badge power.
Of the recent and current range from Ford, my favourites are the G6, GT-E, F6-E, and Force6 & 8.
I guess when you're spending near on 100k for a falcon, or a commodore, you want the public to know notice the difference.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #49
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=FG envy]I find this funny. I have been on Holden forums and now I'm on a Ford forum. They knock you, you knock them. QUOTE]

FG envy - welcome to AFF - and yes, that is the way the blue & the red tango - as long as it's all clean, it's all part of the fun.

Back on topic - I agree, style wise E2 HSV has a front end only it's mother could love, but LPG - interesting to see how they sell upon release.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #50
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG envy
I find this funny. I have been on Holden forums and now I'm on a Ford forum. They knock you, you knock them. I have had 3 HSV's (VX Clubby, VY2 Senator and VE GTS) and now I am driving an FG G6 on gas. Wife got sick and we needed cash. When we get back on our feet financially I'll probably keep the FG and look for an XT GT or similar classic again (had a Springtime Yellow auto XT GT in the early 80's).
I buy cars because I like cars, not becasue its Holden or Ford, just what takes my fancy at the time or what my needs are at the time. I've had Toyotas, Hondas, Alfas and Mazdas as well over the years. I just like cars and like talking cars.
Here, Here, great response, I am Ford at heart but i have had Holdens, Mitsubishi's, Subaru's, and others. The auto industry needs competion to keeping moving forward. Its does show how nieve people can be to call a current HSV or Holden product poor when in fact they are a great product and are generally good reliable allrounders.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #51
weenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
...Except look good.

I appreciate the balls HSV have and the way they have made their cars stand out from the regular Holden models, it is definitely something i'd like to see FPV try. The problem is though the E2 is a styling disaster; yes looks are subjective and some people like the new look but it doesn't even work with the VEs shape. Everything clashes, proportions are wrong, the shape doesn't flow and it all looks chucked on like an aftermarket 'rice' bodykit.

Has anybody seen many E2's on the road? Do HSV still sell E1's? I barely see any E2's around and i've yet to find anyone (in person) who has said they like the look of the new HSV range.

If FPV did what HSV have done looks wise i'd say it would just about be the end of them. That is a big part of the reason they play it safe and tasteful. However they really do need new bodykits (rear bars especially) and NEW WHEELS if they want their cars to sell. If the new V8 goes in and they don't change the styling it will take a big hit on business.
In my little neck of the woods, all i see is e2 hsv cars, maybe because i now have one. But i also always look out for the fpv product, & it is non existant around this area. I know of 2 other e2 clubbies, another tourer like ours & at least 1 gts & a maloo, all e2. Mind you there is also a good helping of e1 hsv cars too. Now Albion Park isnt that big of a place. Actually the e2 seems to be a hit with the ladies, the tourer is the wifes new work car, & the white gts i see has liz number plates & the other tourer has jackee number plates. Hsv maybe hitting an unexplored demographic. Honestly i hope the coyote brings some more fpvs out of the woodwork.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #52
FG envy
Starter Motor

Yes I live out west of Melbourne and it too seems to be more of a Holden than Ford area. E1's ar copmmon place. E2's not so. In fact I can only think of 2. There are some Gt's and F6's but not in the same numbers of HSV's.

I am not a fan of the E2....I think it is trying too hard, too much bling and those ugly wheels! And why yellow calipers and badging? Seems to clash with anything unlike the red or dark grey.

As for LPG, well I think its a good thing. Have to be seen to be doing the right thing by the environment. I do love spending $30 a week on gas where as the GTS was $75 on premium. If they can get the performance and better environment/wallet friendly motoring, then I say bring it on!
FG envy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #53
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

This could be the leap that LiLPG needs to become more mainstream in the performance market. Bold move, and if they tone the styling down a little i wouldn't be disappointed at having a thumping V8 that is cheaper to run than a 4Cyl Camry. Not to mention the after market potential of these V8's. Nice move HSV.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #54
gtfpv
GT

in melbourne you can buy a HSV e2 GXP clubbie for about 50g 2010 model . show me a GT IN THAT PRICE CATAGORY . i wouldnt be too quick to judge or claim bragging rights .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #55
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
in melbourne you can buy a HSV e2 GXP clubbie for about 50g 2010 model . show me a GT IN THAT PRICE CATAGORY . i wouldnt be too quick to judge or claim bragging rights .
GXP is a GS competitor, not GT and it is about the same price....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #56
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

I today saw about half a dozen E2s, 6 or 7 E1s and only one FPV FG donk now which one it was though they all look the same. I really do like the HSV alot more than an M spec BMW because as I have said and will continue to say it stands out, The choice of Benz for me would be an SLR Black Mclaren or something as usless as it is for a daily driver, atleast it stands out. Hummer is not unlike them, it stands out but is useless. Another car i can compare is the AU, how many people bashed them for being ugly and yet, one of the highest selling Ford models of all time...

The beginning is near!!!

Old 17-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #57
bman

I just laugh when people try to compare Muscle cars to Super Saloons....Muscle cars will never be, nor do their creator's want them to be a Super Saloon. The GTS and GT-P are Muscle cars full stop. Any Super Saloon from BMW, Merc, Audi etc is far more dynamically sound.

Being a HSV E2 Maloo owner I agree with most of you here that the E2 in a sedan is a bit of a shocker! However I think the E2 in the Maloo is a very good looking car, much more brash and none of that GTS/Cluby sedan rear end...YUK!!! The Maloo E2 styling is far more balanced and in proportion. And besides....a true muscle car should scream at on lookers and not apologise for being in ya face.

In some ways I wish FPV would put their balls on the line and shake it up a little, they are far to conservative IMO. And whilst the F6 is certainly a close second behind the GTS in regards to performance it really lacks any real purve factor.

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post