Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #31
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I think you bought on impulse and price, not the fact that you claim your bought a Maloo over a upcomming model from Ford/FPV because they havn't released any info,
Anyone on here (AFF) or a Ford fan as you claim to be, will be well aware that a S/C version is not to far away, if you were that keen and interested and a true Ford fan like you say you are, you would wait the time out, it's only going to be a couple of month's if that, with all the info we have now (albeit not classifeid) we know there is something good in the future and we have a fair understanding of what to expect, if you are not aware of that, you have not been doing your homework.
But don't blame Ford for your inpatience, you walked into a delaership and bought on impulse and with your wallet.
So let me ask you this, if the Coyote was available now but obviously as a new model and such it wouldn't be as heavliy discounted as your '09 model Maloo, so it would be more expensive, would you still have bought the Maloo ?
BINGO... i think we have the REAL answer....

Old 14-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #32
bman

4vman, Peuty is incorrect in his understanding of my decision. Lack of info from Ford is 50% of it, the cheap Maloo is the other......

I cant stress this enough. No Cheap Maloo = I would still be waiting like every body else for information (if only teaser info) from Ford FPV. But I think they have missed a golden opportunity here to wet the pallets of their market!!

Forums can so quickly become an attack ground......

My post was designed to stimulate constructive discussion..... most of you have provided it and those who have I thank. Those of you who have not why not share your stance? Are you waiting for info? Are you becoming impaticent or do you think FPV are doing the right this holding back info?

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
Old 14-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #33
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Cmon Norm, put the gloves down mate, he's brought a car, regardless of the llogic applied, he brought the one he wanted mate.
Agree 100% Tex, he bought the car he wanted..

So i have to ask why the hell is this thread in the Coyote section?

Old 14-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #34
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
That makes no sense, how do you know they wont do that when the time is right?????
EVERYONE knows a new engine is coming..
If someone needs a car now and cant wait a few months no amount of "marketing" is going to change that is it...... If people jump the gun then i guess they're the losers if the lack of patience means they miss out on a better product..
Perhaps they don't see the need to create and manage the momentum and prime the market in anticipation of the release. As they have a serious hyatus /vacuum with the removal of the XR8, and with the looming speculated Sep' release of the XR8, they seem to be ignoring a potent market priming opportunity in terms of timing, and dropping the ball - again.

However without confirmation from Ford, its only speculation - and may never materialise this year !
Old 14-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #35
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Oh boy Ford's PR departments own PR man is at it again.
Old 14-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #36
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
4vman, Peuty is incorrect in his understanding of my decision. Lack of info from Ford is 50% of it, the cheap Maloo is the other......

I cant stress this enough. No Cheap Maloo = I would still be waiting like every body else for information (if only teaser info) from Ford FPV. But I think they have missed a golden opportunity here to wet the pallets of their market!!

Forums can so quickly become an attack ground......

My post was designed to stimulate constructive discussion..... most of you have provided it and those who have I thank. Those of you who have not why not share your stance? Are you waiting for info? Are you becoming impaticent or do you think FPV are doing the right this holding back info?
Be honest... you bought a cheap Maloo, your decission was price/brand driven, end of story..

If i was in the market now with the plethora of info available on these forums about coyote/FPV i would have waited...

"IF" though i needed a new car NOW and i had a limited budget that would logically mean a new model with new technology would be outside of my budget id buy now....
Which is what you did, it wasn't FPV's fault you bought a Maloo...

Old 14-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #37
bman

OMG!! Not an impule buy at all folks!! as i said 10mths I have spent looking, 6mths test driving. To date I have test driven 18 vehicles in this time, does this really sound like the actions of an impulsive man?!!?

4Vman your question: If the Coyote was available now I would book a test drive and then make a decision. However, if it did not represent great value for money (which the GTS does not) I would still end up in the $55k maloo, not a $56k malooo or a $62k maloo......the $55k maloo.

For the record the car that was on the top of my list was the GTI-R.....it is without a doubt the most amazing thing I have ever driven but I didnt fit well inside. Number two on my list was the 135 BMW but represented terrible value for money.

Get with it folks!! It is simple as I have stessed. at $55k i can have my V8 fun without breaking the bank. When the Coyote is released and the bugs are ironed out I will test drive and if good enough to switch I will.

I did say I was a ford man but retracted to say I was an OZ man! JESUS!!!

Old 14-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #38
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
OMG!! Not an impule buy at all folks!! as i said 10mths I have spent looking, 6mths test driving. To date I have test driven 18 vehicles in this time, does this really sound like the actions of an impulsive man?!!?

4Vman your question: If the Coyote was available now I would book a test drive and then make a decision. However, if it did not represent great value for money (which the GTS does not) I would still end up in the $55k maloo, not a $56k malooo or a $62k maloo......the $55k maloo.

For the record the car that was on the top of my list was the GTI-R.....it is without a doubt the most amazing thing I have ever driven but I didnt fit well inside. Number two on my list was the 135 BMW but represented terrible value for money.

Get with it folks!! It is simple as I have stessed. at $55k i can have my V8 fun without breaking the bank. When the Coyote is released and the bugs are ironed out I will test drive and if good enough to switch I will.

I did say I was a ford man but retracted to say I was an OZ man! JESUS!!!
No problems, thanks for clearing your position up, you bought on PRICE first and foremost, not because FPV haven't slipped out marketing info...

Old 14-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #39
bman

4Vman, I have been watching this coytoe forum since Jan'09.....there is not a great deal of hard infomation, alot of theories, assumptions and expections, which I hope are correct.

Your still way way off the mark.

I'm leaving

Old 14-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #40
bman

Oh man...seriosly!!

50% = No info from Ford re Coyote
50% = Value for Money Maloo

Old 14-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #41
bman

Its in this thread because it started off as a item for discussion around the lack of information on the Coyote.......people like you have decided to take the discussion elsewhere.

Very sad, and I do wish we could get back on track.

Old 14-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #42
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Agree 100% Tex, he bought the car he wanted..

So i have to ask why the hell is this thread in the Coyote section?
Lol, you bet me to it mate, that was the next question I was going to ask, why are we in the Coyote sec ??

Actually why are we even discussing it, he has bought a vehicle that suited his budget, he is now trying to make it look like a sale that Ford/FPV has lost, which it is not, and he bought an '09 plate vehicle.
Old 14-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #43
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
4Vman, I have been watching this coytoe forum since Jan'09.....there is not a great deal of hard infomation, alot of theories, assumptions and expections, which I hope are correct.

Your still way way off the mark.

I'm leaving
There is a heap of info here to be read into, you just have to know the right people to listen to, and if you have been here long enough, you would know who has a fair idea on what is about to be released on to us.....
Old 14-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #44
b2tf
not here much anymore

Congratulations to all those who have found it neccesary to pick on someone because they have a) bought a car that is NOT a Ford and b) had the guts to post on here why they did.
Old 14-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #45
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

If the thread is in the wrong place it can be moved - easy!

What is all the aggression about? I understood exactly what bman was saying - clearly. You only have to read all the posts in the Coyote threads ing about Ford not getting on with things and everyone still basically clueless as to exact details of what is coming. There are more questions in this section than answers. Let's not start bullying.

Bman good luck with your new ute. While I am not a fan of the overdone look of this new model, I have always liked Holdens ute styling. When we bought the FG Ute recently I suggested (tongue in cheek) considering the Holden ute and Russell just about popped a vessell!

Look forward to seeing you back in a Ford when you are ready.

Regards
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Old 14-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #46
Falco GT51
Blue Blood

Sorry I agree with Norm, claiming to be a Ford man and blaming them for not releasing information is just BS, you are in the Coyote section and theres plenty of info here, just read Tex's review and you''ll have see it's worth waiting for.
You are a holden man in denial!
By the way did you get a flannel shirt in your HSV gift pack.
2005 BA GT Mll #0697.
1979 XD 5.8 X Pursuit
2015 FGX XR8