Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #31
RedFord05

Default Re: How is fords service?

Yes take your Ford for warranty repair for minor issue- Centre LCD not working--Cumberland Ford Blacktown in pristine condition, then when they finish it comes back to you with a large scratch in bonnet from tool they dropped on it. They deny any knowledge and blame the customer that it was there before , even though you have taken photos of the bonnet a day before with no scratch on it. This is 2 days after taking delivery from Auto Group Auctions in an unmarked pristine condition with 14,000 k's on the clock.. Power Ford Castle Hill are much better and provide with me a condition report prior to any service detailing all marks/dents (there are a couple now)

RedFord05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #32
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My BFII has rust in the boot seem but the dealer seems unsure whether Ford will cover it under warranty, 50/50 chance the bloke said!! What?? A four year old car has rust FFS, they damn well better cover it.

Waiting on the dealer's call back to tell me how he went with Ford.
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #33
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Thumbs up Re: How is fords service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
My BFII has rust in the boot seem but the dealer seems unsure whether Ford will cover it under warranty, 50/50 chance the bloke said!! What?? A four year old car has rust FFS, they damn well better cover it.

Waiting on the dealer's call back to tell me how he went with Ford.
Every car has a 5 year rust/body perferation warranty regardless of number of owners.

Make sure they fix it properly and not just rub the rust back and wipe sealer over it,make sure its cut out and a section welded back in if its getting through the otherside.

I had to seam seal my whole BA to get rid of this issue,I now have found a 2"x1cm line of rust on the bottom left of bonnet where it sits above headlight.Its where the metal folds on the bonnet along the front.Have a look at yours.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #34
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

As for Ford service from my enlightened experiences
Old 15-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #35
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Every car has a 5 year rust/body perferation warranty regardless of number of owners.

Make sure they fix it properly and not just rub the rust back and wipe sealer over it,make sure its cut out and a section welded back in if its getting through the otherside.

I had to seam seal my whole BA to get rid of this issue,I now have found a 2"x1cm line of rust on the bottom left of bonnet where it sits above headlight.Its where the metal folds on the bonnet along the front.Have a look at yours.
Yes it's definitely getting through the other side which the dealer even acknowledged. Considering it's actually a seam, can they cut it and weld another section in? I'm no panel beater so I don't know. The dealer made a comment about how he doesn't know how they would fix it in that spot as it is very hard.

I have been meaning to check the rest of the car but haven't had much of a chance, apparently the dealer already did that while it was in for a service, but i think I need to check it for myself.
Old 15-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #36
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
Yes it's definitely getting through the other side which the dealer even acknowledged. Considering it's actually a seam, can they cut it and weld another section in? I'm no panel beater so I don't know. The dealer made a comment about how he doesn't know how they would fix it in that spot as it is very hard.

I have been meaning to check the rest of the car but haven't had much of a chance, apparently the dealer already did that while it was in for a service, but i think I need to check it for myself.
All door hinges,entire boot,front bonnet skin underside,fuel door,rear water runoff area(around whole rear screen) and where the factory jacks are supposed to go.

Dont listen to dealer,his job is to rip everyone off to a degree.Go and spend $50 on an independent quote from a reputable crash shop thats familiar with the late model Ford corrosion problems.

Its not your job to listen to wether they can fix that area or not,its their responsibility to bring it back to a structureally sound car.What you now have is defectable.
Old 15-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #37
munners

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorris
Kloster Ford; this is interesting as I have heard of many people in the Newcastle area who won't go back to them. I have only been living here for a few years and never went to them because of what I had heard. Maybe they have hired/fired a few staff.
Is that Kloster at Hamilton or Cardiff? I have good experience with the Cardiff guys.

Munners
munners is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #38
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
All door hinges,entire boot,front bonnet skin underside,fuel door,rear water runoff area(around whole rear screen) and where the factory jacks are supposed to go.

Dont listen to dealer,his job is to rip everyone off to a degree.Go and spend $50 on an independent quote from a reputable crash shop thats familiar with the late model Ford corrosion problems.

Its not your job to listen to wether they can fix that area or not,its their responsibility to bring it back to a structureally sound car.What you now have is defectable.
Do panel beaters charge you $50 to give you a quote in SA??

You are right though, it may be worth while taking it to a shop to get an idea of the proper way to fix it and also the $$$.
Old 15-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #39
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Some characteristics of the Ford Dealer Service Centres, as far as I can see.....

> They have the advantage generally of a client base with no choice of mechanic, due to warranty contracts.
> It is in their interest to stall on fixing issues until a warranty period is up.
> They seem to be well versed in the proverbial "that is normal" response.
> Their focus is on selling cars, rather than fixing them.
> No matter how much bad press they get, they still don't seem to give a .......
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #40
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB92
Some characteristics of the Ford Dealer Service Centres, as far as I can see.....

> They have the advantage generally of a client base with no choice of mechanic, due to warranty contracts.
> It is in their interest to stall on fixing issues until a warranty period is up.
> No matter how much bad press they get, they still don't seem to give a .......
Agree with all of the above. But the question is, why does the Ford Motor Company allow them to get away with it?

After having my car serviced, I completed the online survey and really went to town on them! So much so that shortly thereafter, the Manager of the Dealership rang about 6 times to speak to me (I was out at the time) so I think they are trying to do better.

Perhaps it is a case of a few bad apples still in the business and Ford and the Dealerships are slowly trying to weed out the duds.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #41
G6E Turbo 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt0351
i work for a automotive aftermarket organisation ,.... who is a major competitor to the dealers,.as such we service our own vehicles in house ,..recently took my 09 G6ET company car to Dominelli Ford at sutherland for the diff bushes and was pleasantly supprised ,..they did the job in a day ,....had great communication & even washed it ,....i would class that as excellent customer service ,..especially on a warranty job ,......most probably luck of the draw ,..... I must say the service adviser was most impressive,... that reminds me its going back tomorrow for a diff leak ,...hopefully ill strike the same guy.

As I pointed out in my post above, Dominelli at sutherland and Yallah Ford
south of Wollongong are very, very good

Brad and the team at Dominelli do the best they can and treat you well

Cheers
Geoff
G6E Turbo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #42
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB92

Not entirely true, i have been in my old Ford dealer (good mates with former service mgr) a few times when some irate customers have demanded the world even though they are in the wrong.
A guy bought his ute in to claim warranty on the diff, with rubber caked inside the guards.
Its the few bad customers that ruin it for genuine ones. My car has been modded and ive had warranty honored. If you dont carry on like a half wit its surprising what you can achieve.
Yeah ill admit there is a few bad dealers around, but instead of arguing try 'getting along'
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Some dealers are good, some dealers are average and some dealers are bad.

On a side note some people will never be pleased.
Old 16-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #44
Supercharged

Got a quote to do an oil and filter change quote (5000 km) on the GS and it was $220.00, not a full service but not too bad as they take 9.25 litres of Castrol Edge 5W-20 which cost about $12.00 per litre.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #45
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Recently, the service department in servicing my BA XR, was all over the place. No-one really knew what was coming or going and there was an awful lot of double checking and referring to one another over what had been done, when it was done, etc.

I had received a call to come pick up my car at a certain time. An hour after arriving to pick it up at said time, I finally left. Again... no-one really knew what was coming or going and there was an awful lot of double checking and referring to one another over what had been done, when it was done, etc.

In the process of doing the recall on the sunroof. They damaged a part of the replacement unit. Resulting in, my car having to go back at a later date. Which 3 weeks on, has not been confirmed. When acknowledged and explained to me what had been broken and the process they needed to take to fix it... Again... no-one really knew what was coming or going and there was an awful lot of double checking and referring to one another over what had to be done, when it was to be done, etc. Now, I don't have a working sun-roof, despite having one 3 weeks ago.

When picking up the car, I was told of " urgent " problems.. but when asked, how urgent they were... the response : " they could wait another 20,000kms " work that one out.

Since the car isn't brand new, I'll take it to someone else from now on.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #46
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had to get the electric drivers seat runners replaced shortly after buying our new G6E. They made a horrible squeek when moving backwards and forwards between the two memory positions. The Ford guy said it might just need some lube, but then when he heard it said "Nope, something wrong with that", and it was replaced under warrantee.
Not exactly sure how that snuck past QC, especially on a top of the line $50,000+ car...

I'll be bringing up the paint with the dealer when we take it in for it's first paid service at 15,000km.
The "Edge" colour is amazing...but it's as thin as gossamer, and a brush with anything harder than kitten fur scratches it like a bastard, not to mention the many tiny stone chips and marks that seem to be appearing, more and more each week...and this is after we splashed out on the paint protection package. It just doesn't seem to have enough coats or thickness to it. Still, the rusty looking engine which they said is "normal as they probably save $5 a car by not painting the blocks anymore", shows that they could be a little stingy with thier paint at the factory...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post