Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #31
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: advice for loss of liscence & business! help from all please!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling

how will the insurance companies find out that ive lost my liscence? if i keep a hush hush about it?? or do they get notified somehow??

Generally they find out, when you fill in their application forms. (Should you change insurers). If you lie on the application form, they will find out and void your policy. (Don't know how, but I can only assume they have contact with the rego authority in your state)

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #32
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling
yeah selling my clients to another detailing mob did go through my head,

and yeah all my friends have told me about the insurance problem...

how will the insurance companies find out that ive lost my liscence? if i keep a hush hush about it?? or do they get notified somehow??
They know mate. My mums insurance company knows how many speeding tickets she has, not many, but they still know. I was asked my drivers licence details by an insurance company I was getting a quote from and the guy read out my mobile phone ticket from 2yrs ago.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #33
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A company is mandated to provide driver details
http://www.sdro.nsw.gov.au/your_opti..._nominate.html
If you fail to nominate another driver or owner
From 3 February 2006, the SDRO can issue penalty notices to companies and individuals who fail to tell us by the due date on the penalty reminder notice who was the person in charge of the vehicle for demerit point offences.
The penalty amount is more than $1000 for companies and more than $500 for individuals per offence. The RTA will also start actions to deregister the vehicles of repeat offenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
For the future, you could register the vehicle in a company name IE: Sterling Pty Ltd
Therefore the fines would be the responsibility of the company.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #34
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Insurance companies don't 'know' as far as I know, but when you first take out the policy they ask you if you have lost your license in the last X years, How many driving offences you have had in the last X years etc. If you lie, of course they will ensure you but when it comes time to pay out a claim and they ask for a copy of your driving history then you're up **** creek without a paddle, best to be honest from the beginning.
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post