Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Email Introducing FG 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
FPR had EcoBoost, SBR had just Ford... can't remember what DJR had on there screens??

Other than those 3 teams, what other Ford teams are there??
They are the Ford backed teams. Last year every one of them had the same banner.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #32
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG_Frodza
Yay, another bag Ford thread..

Wrong website guys.

They're actually marketing their product! Be happy for a change!
Yeah... just don't buy a ute or EcoLPI, Ford are too incompetent to stock the factory with enough parts. So now I've paid for my ute, I'll sit back at wait for them to take their 'indefinite' time, making sure they only use the parts they buy.. Then Ford can happily order more on the customers time. Rubbish service.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #33
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
Yeah... just don't buy a ute or EcoLPI, Ford are too incompetent to stock the factory with enough parts. So now I've paid for my ute, I'll sit back at wait for them to take their 'indefinite' time, making sure they only use the parts they buy.. Then Ford can happily order more on the customers time. Rubbish service.

So they should have a collection of stuff lying around costing money?

Genius!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #34
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
So they should have a collection of stuff lying around costing money?

Genius!
How about releasing a new model (FG2) and new engine (EcoLPI), but not allowing for a modest influx in sales? Did the Ford brains trust pass Economics 101?? How about you?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Well, since ford are making a profit doing what they have done for the past few years, i think they know more then some forum user.

When sales pick up, production goes up... visa versa

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Well, since ford are making a profit doing what they have done for the past few years, i think they know more then some forum user.

When sales pick up, production goes up... visa versa
I'm a new car customer (3rd Ford), who has not a clue when this car is going to arrive after being assured it would arrive a week ago (meaning I made automotive plans in preparation). So if Ford keep making profit (even though it's likely squat), this behaviour is acceptable? Customers have turned away from Ford for a reason... while their cars are still class leaders. Do I need to spell it out?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #37
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
I'm a new car customer (3rd Ford), who has not a clue when this car is going to arrive after being assured it would arrive a week ago (meaning I made automotive plans in preparation). So if Ford keep making profit (even though it's likely squat), this behaviour is acceptable? Customers have turned away from Ford for a reason... while their cars are still class leaders, do I need to spell it out?

You are right. When comparing Ford's cars to every other in each of their classes, I come up with the Ford being the better car; they are true class leaders. So what's up with the sales then?
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #38
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
You are right. When comparing Ford's cars to every other in each of their classes, I come up with the Ford being the better car; they are true class leaders. So what's up with the sales then?
Exactly right, most of their cars have been class leaders for years... On the other hand, Holden has sold junk for years and continue to sell it.

The answer my friend is EVERYTHING other than the cars is the problem. I really don't like bad mouthing Ford at all, but the company has hit the pinnacle of incompetence from a management and organisational perspective. What other conclusion can one reach when the company has such a strong range of vehicles and reputation of a past Australian market leader?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #39
XXX747

the only thing i like about the series 2's are the projector lamps
XXX747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Exactly right, most of their cars have been class leaders for years... On the other hand, Holden has sold junk for years and continue to sell it.

The answer my friend is EVERYTHING other than the cars is the problem. I really don't like bad mouthing Ford at all, but the company has hit the pinnacle of incompetence from a management and organisational perspective. What other conclusion can one reach when the company has such a strong range of vehicles and reputation of a past Australian market leader?
As much as I hate to say it I agree with you. The sales and marketing incompetence of Ford Australia has destroyed a once great company.

If your superior products are continually outsold by inferior opposition then you have serious problems.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #41
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Marketing is at fault...

Holden could sell cow dung as gold.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #42
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
If your superior products are continually outsold by inferior opposition then you have serious problems.
Exactly right, and due to the fact that the average person in society is gullible, ill-informed and generally only follows what others do, you can't expect buyers to choose 'the best' car.

The general perception of Ford from most non-car enthusiasts -
"I just got a new car, it's a fantastic car to drive" / ".... yeah, but it's a Ford?"

I know because I've heard this for years. So of course you can right this garbage off as an ill-informed moronic statement like I do.. but, it doesn't help Ford sell cars.

Then the negative media such as - http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...1255_news.html, which cheapens the Falcon's perception further. I mean, how can something be good if no one is buying it.... right?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
As much as I hate to say it I agree with you. The sales and marketing incompetence of Ford Australia has destroyed a once great company.
To me I'd say a lot of members on here do plenty of damage.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #44
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I'd be very interested to know how exactly that is so?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #45
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
I'd be very interested to know how exactly that is so?

The amount of winging on here damages the brand. Then you have people on here with their agenda to further give a skewed impression. This site is huge and seeing as most people doing research will use the internet will find themselves on here.

But it is funny as the this site is so negative compared to other sites that are fans of their make. It gets quite tedious when people constantly have a cry and post the same thing in ten different threads and make it seem like the end of the world.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #46
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I think you'd be seriously overestimating any potential impact.

What % of car buyers have ever been on AFF, 0.00000002%. It would be tiny. Fleet managers are the main buyers as well as the government, and with direct access to Fords fleet sales team its not like they would research on here anyway.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #47
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

What % of car buyers have ever been on AFF, 0.00000002%. It would be tiny. Fleet managers are the main buyers as well as the government, and with direct access to Fords fleet sales team its not like they would research on here anyway.
And this is the reason why FoA don't advertise the Falcon heavily, fleets are directly marketed too and don't care if the car has a funky ad on TV.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #48
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well considering AFF has nearly 75000 members, thats 0.4% of the total population of Australia..

So I would imagine that the percentage of people in the new car market who have been on AFF and read the bitching is quite significantly more than that, and I beleive that the percentage of people who have been turned off buying a Ford simply because eveyone likes to have a whinge about complete BS for the sake of whinging is quite high too.

Anyway, back on topic, I think the fact that they are sending out emails re: the Mk2 Falcon is quite a good sign, if nothing else.

I am hearing radio advertising for the new Falcon ute here quite a bit too.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4150126
FG_Frodza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #49
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron
And this is the reason why FoA don't advertise the Falcon heavily, fleets are directly marketed too and don't care if the car has a funky ad on TV.
But your also forgetting user chooser's who's sales are listed as fleet sales, and private buyers make up a big slice of potential buyers too.

These are the people they need to market too.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #50
FacultY

Looks like they are just starting to advertise MK2 now. Ive heard 4 adds on the radio for xr6 ute mk2 in the last 2 days. One website was advertising the xr6 ecolpi with fuel saving slider and a few in the paper. And according to some users they are advertising on foxtel? Things are looking much more positive.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #51
FacultY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron
Exactly why they need to advertise to the private buyer. Look at Mazda 3's sales who get next to none in fleet. If they can pull in private then sales will be very promising.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #52
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

What % of car buyers have ever been on AFF, 0.00000002%. It would be tiny.
oh but youd be very wrong

AFF members think if a certain car hasnt been spotted & its VIN, rego, driving history been posted here, then the car doesnt exist !!
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #53
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacultY
Exactly why they need to advertise to the private buyer. Look at Mazda 3's sales who get next to none in fleet. If they can pull in private then sales will be very promising.
And to think back in Japan Mazda doesn't have anywhere near the same product percption or image at all.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #54
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
And to think back in Japan Mazda doesn't have anywhere near the same product percption or image at all.
They don't have much of an image anywhere except here, hence they are billions in debt globally.

Funny how that works, are australians just dumb or gullible? If the rest of the world see's Mazda in a poor light why is it the opposite here?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #55
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
They don't have much of an image anywhere except here, hence they are billions in debt globally.

Funny how that works, are australians just dumb or gullible? If the rest of the world see's Mazda in a poor light why is it the opposite here?
Suckers for slick marketing and following the rest of the herd.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #56
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacultY
Except the private car buyer has moved away from large cars, in particular they have moved to SUV's and I certainly see plenty of Territory ads

As for the Mazda 3, my sisters on her second fleet one, they are creeping in fairly rapidly.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #57
anto
Za Dom spremni

Interstingly as a new car buyer recently I haven't received any email about mk II. In fact I hvent seen any advertising on it what so ever !
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #58
mickcoz

I didn't see/hear anything about the EcoLPI until I was looking at reviews for the FG and FG mk2 to try to decide what I would replace my petrol BA with.

I'd seen something in cars guide about the EcoBoost but not not a lot else about the FG or FG MK2 anywhere else.

Admittedly I've never bought a new Ford but I have bought 4 used ones in row and now bought a used 2012 FG MK2 G6E EcoLPI a few days ago. I came very close to buying a new G6 EcoLPI limited edition but the dealer stiffed me about actually having one. So I went to another dealer and bought the used G6E for around the same money because I really wanted the EcoLPI.

Ford really are making it difficult for anyone to want to buy a new Ford Falcon because no one knows what's out there.

All but 2 people (out of 30) at work said why would you want a Ford for! they're obviously disappearing you should buy a commodore they're much better than Ford you've only got to look at their ads. The majority of these people don't drive a Falcon or a commodore but they still recommended a commodore if I was looking at buying a large car.

Shame on you Ford Australia!!!
mickcoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post